For those of you with cracked exhaust manifolds here are some things I learned when doing the new header install. (1st time doing this for me) I installed new motor mounts 3 days prior to this as well.
I pulled the intake and exhaust the day before the parts showed up and was able to spend some quality time cleaning up the intake and the ports on the block. It was nice not to have to rush and do it all in one day. Getting the stock 4.0 exhaust and intake off was pretty easy.
APN arrived FedEx 3 days after ordering. Cost for header and shipping was $150. Came with new intake/exhaust gasket, nuts and bolts for exhaust flange and a new donut gasket.
Started install.... Son of a ...... there is one bolt that took me 2 hours trying to get it back on. Got pissed off... said some things I don't think my kids or the neighbor kids should have heard. Took the whole thing off thinking I stripped the threads. Then the "DUH" moment arrived and I threaded all the bottom bolts before putting the intake on. This was the trick. Once that was on I was able to torque all but 2 of the bolts. The 2 most difficult one to access I was able to get by using a ratchet wrench... had to guess on how tight to get it.
After hooking the rest of the crap up... fired it up and smoked the garage out for a bit due to all the grease on the new header.
Some things I noticed after starting: 1. no more exhaust leak.. woo hoo 2. starts faster... probably result of cleaning intake out really good.... 3. more power.... not a lot but I can feel a bit more.
It smells a little like burnt rubber right now but I think that is just the new gasket... at least I hope so.
So if you are thinking of doing this give yourself lots of time. Next time it will be faster... uh wait.. there will not be a next time, at least I hope not.