Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Challenge to help save our trails...

Challenge to help save our trails...

Ok, per the other threads talking about ways to help keep our lobbyist/lawyer working for the AZOHVC and our right to use our OHV toys the idea of a challenge presented itself. So the challenge is to get EVERYONE to donate just $5.

If we had not had out lobbyist over the last couple years we would have lost access to ALL trails in Maricopa County and we would have also lost over $1.5 million dollars from the OHV sticker program that would have gone to the state to help balance the budget jsut to name a couple key things the lobbyist/lawyer has done on our behalf. He has been a huge asset in us maintaining our right to use our OHV's and ti would be a shame to lose this now with the possible fight for Martinez Canyon approaching.

So the challenge is to raise the funds to help the AZOHVC with a donation that will fund the lobbyist/lawyer to help us keep our trails.

The challenge is to get everyone to try and donate just $5 (if you can, ANYTHING is helpful),more if you can, what ever you feel comfortable doing.

I will start by donating the first $20.

There are a few ways to donate the money. Please be sure if you only want the money to go to help fund the lobbyist to state you want it marked for such. This will ensure you money will only be spent to fund the lobbyist.

www.paypal.com select SEND MONEY.. you will be sending the money to.. azohvc@yahoo.com

Snail Mail:
    Arizona Off Highway Vehicle Coalition (AZOHVC)
    P.O. Box 71098
    Phoenix, Arizona 85050-1007

A board member or representative:
    Anyone listed as board member or representative on the site can accept it.
    www.azohvc.com
    I am planning on being at the Meet and Greet September 25th at Chuy's and would be willing to accept donations there.

Please be sure to ear mark it for the lobbyist.

Thanks for all the ideas coming in and for your participation!!!!
    If you have any questions please feel free to email me at My1stJeep@excite.com or PM me on this board or call me on my cell phone at 623-340-0885.
    Last edited by My Green Jeep; 09-15-2009 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Chris wanted to me update the thread
    Chris
    4 Angry Squirrels

My1stJeep@excite.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    4 Bangers Rule

Re: Challenge to help save our trails...

You sure that link is good? I just tried to log on and it sent me to AOL.com. Let me know, I donated $50 a while ago, but more than happy to donate some more.

HONOR KEVIN-HARNESS UP!!!

As soon as I get working I will throw some money in, if we don't donate now we will be paying every time we go out later.
    "The more side roads you stop to explore, the less likely that life will pass you by." ~Robert Brault
    Quote Originally Posted by lancetkenyon View Post
    ...I did "presidential rig" it back together and hit 4 more trails though.

Any representatives in the east valley we could drop off some money to? It just feels better in person. I always prefer donating at an event as opposed to online or thru mail.

I also was thinking that if there was a monthly run whose purpose was to raise money for the AZOHVC, that might get people involved. Each run could begin with a short talk and include a clinic on things like trail repairs, winching safety, and the evils of the Dana 35. Maybe even include a different member of the AZOHVC on every run. Then pass the hat around for some donations. Maybe monthly is being too aggressive but 3 or 4 times a year seems doable.

Either way, I'll donate some money to help the cause.
    Last edited by Xiled1; 09-15-2009 at 09:00 PM.
    It's like an LJ... only bigger.

Blog Entries

Exclamation Re: Challenge to help save our trails...

Ok... I just made my donation!
    Yeah, I'm a girl drivin a jeep you have a problem with that?

I'm gonna be hittin' peeps up for a few dollars on all my future runs. It may only amount to 15-20 bucks a run...but if everyone did that on every run, the AZOHVC would have more than enough to fund a lobbyist.

Most of the places we wheel do not require a usage fee...so think of it as an effort to keep it that way.
    "The Edge...there is no honest way to explain it
    because the only people who really know where it is
    are the ones who have gone over."

Hunter S Thompson

Just sent mine!

Who's next?

Blog Entries

come on people... If you want to keep our trails open just
    a few dollars from everyone would help greatly!
    Yeah, I'm a girl drivin a jeep you have a problem with that?

$25 sent.

In the brief time I was on the board of AZOHVC, I was amazed at how much Jeff and the lobbyist accomplished. The problem is we don't see how much they are working--we all just take it for granted. I spend my land-use-issue time working locally, for my own selfish purposes, but these guys are working for ALL of us throughout Arizona! Just because they don't spend time or money tooting their own horns doesn't mean they aren't out there working their tails off.

I recently read that over a million people report that the outdoor opportunities in Arizona are one of the major reasons they live here. That number doesn't include the 30 million+ visitors that come here annually. People shell out $20 just to get into the Grand Canyon, $15 for a state permit, or $7 to get into a picnic area. But we have a hard time raising $50K to keep fighting for access to trails that are, currently, FREE. ??

I challenge the next person to beat my donation!

Good suggestion, Xiled1, about monthly or quarterly trail runs to raise money and awareness. I know Lisa and Joe at Absolute do a great job of putting out the hat whenever they have an event. Who are the 4x4 reps now?

diidnt have much in my paypal acct. but i sent what was there

Quote Originally Posted by Sedona Jeep School View Post
    Good suggestion, Xiled1, about monthly or quarterly trail runs to raise money and awareness. I know Lisa and Joe at Absolute do a great job of putting out the hat whenever they have an event. Who are the 4x4 reps now?
    Absolute is an Small Business Sponsor.

Jack and myself are the 4x4 Reps.

Thanks all who have stepped up, please if you can keep them coming.
    Chris
    4 Angry Squirrels

My1stJeep@excite.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    4 Bangers Rule

We just did our part....who's next?

We're in!

$20 sent via paypal. Chris, I forgot to mark it "for the lobbyist." Can you make sure it gets routed that way?

Next in line please?! This is a small price to pay, and their efforts accomplish way more than any of us know. We need to keep the money flowing...
    -jason
    '07 JK Unlimited Rubicon
    37" MTR/K, 6" Teraflex long arm, 5.38's, hydro assist, locked, winch, armor, other crap...

Sent in $. Put "For lobbyist" in message box, hope that is where it was supposed to be written.
    Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know whether you did it or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information