Thread: Job needed; Experienced Low Voltage Electrician/Novice Mechanic

Job needed; Experienced Low Voltage Electrician/Novice Mechanic

Too much drama, horrible hours, and redundant work at my current job, I want out... If anyone has any need of an experienced Low Voltage Tech (4+ years), or a novice (but quick learning) mechanic (2 years), PLEASE let me know!

I work for cheap, and live cheap, I just want to make enough to pay bills, eat, and upgrade the Jeep some, thanks!

Oh yeah, and in the Prescott/PV area.

Stumblin' thru the parking lot of an invisible 7-Eleven

Re: Job needed; Experienced Low Voltage Electrician/Novice Mechanic

what's a low volt tec?
    closed circuit tv
    FOR POOL SERVICE AND REPAIR
    480-532-0542

Perhaps it's 12v lighting? Like in your yard?
    Quote Originally Posted by djui5 View Post
    I'm an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Green Jeep View Post
    I have no clue...

Low voltage is an umbrella term. Can cover the telecom/voice cabling and networking stuff that I do, audio/video, CCTV, security systems/fire alarm wiring, outdoor yard lighting, the DC backup power and battery plants for cell sites and telecom central offices, etc. Also, in the electrical industry, low voltage can be anything below 600 or 1000 volts AC (depends on the standard/code you're working on) so 120 and 220 AC service would be considered low voltage, medium voltage being something like 1,000 to 36,000 (I think), and high voltage being 36,000+. I think, anyways...I'm going from rough memory on those, as medium and high AC is outside my scope of work.

Quote Originally Posted by urbex View Post
    Low voltage is an umbrella term. Can cover the telecom/voice cabling and networking stuff that I do, audio/video, CCTV, security systems/fire alarm wiring, outdoor yard lighting, the DC backup power and battery plants for cell sites and telecom central offices, etc. Also, in the electrical industry, low voltage can be anything below 600 or 1000 volts AC (depends on the standard/code you're working on) so 120 and 220 AC service would be considered low voltage, medium voltage being something like 1,000 to 36,000 (I think), and high voltage being 36,000+. I think, anyways...I'm going from rough memory on those, as medium and high AC is outside my scope of work.
    I've done almost all of the Low Voltage stuff you just listed, including plenty of 120-220V work. I'll name off all I can remember; CCTV, Home Automation, Distributed Audio, Surround Sound audio, Yard Lighting, Security Wiring, DC backup (included with most security systems anyways), Cable/Satellite Television (in RV's, Mobile Homes, Modular Homes, and normal homes all the way to 2.5M dollar mansions), Home and office networking and telecommunications... and that's just the stuff I've gotten paid for.

Of my personal stuff I've; rebuilt an XBOX, XBOX360, a bunch of home computers, rewired surround sound amplifiers and subwoofers, rewired my fender strat ($ if I screwed that thing up), rewired my guitar amp, built an MPI conversion harness for my Jeep (was TBI 86 XJ, now has a 94 YJ heart), done VCR's, DVD Players, ETC. for other people, the only thing I haven't really touched is any kind of CRT monitor, I haven't had the proper grounding facilities to prevent electrostatic discharge from those beasts (I don't want to get fried!)

I've done minor computer programming and diagnostics, and can diagnose pretty much any problem with a vehicle within ten minutes of being around it. I haven't necessarily fixed EVERY problem a vehicle could encounter, but I'm a fast learner and very technically/mechanically inclined.

I'm turning 19 this month.

Thread Information