Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fabtech 6" LA Lift???

DsrtJeeper Guest

Fabtech 6" LA Lift???

Anyone have experience with this lift? I've searched the net high and low with zero luck. All I can find is the same small ad advertising the kits attributes. Thanks!

mr_super-hunky Guest
    Fabtech is great for fords and chevy's, but for a tj, It's hard to disagree that Toys x Troy's long arm kit with the triangulated rear end is'nt one of the best things out there!

He's also LOCAL and can INSTALL IT for you!

You can get it even cheaper from Jason LaLiberty w/ 4x4 groupbuy. I just bought some stuff from him, he was really nice and gave me a real good price.

I see you update your sig EB... I havent heard anything on the Fab-tec lift yet... If I do i will let you know.
    Jason M

Originally posted by mr_super-hunky
    Fabtech is great for fords and chevy's, but for a tj, It's hard to disagree that Toys x Troy's long arm kit with the triangulated rear end is'nt one of the best things out there!

He's also LOCAL and can INSTALL IT for you!

You can get it even cheaper from Jason LaLiberty w/ 4x4 groupbuy. I just bought some stuff from him, he was really nice and gave me a real good price.
    Not to knock Troy, but I have heard what his "kit" costs. WOW, time to refinace the Jeep!

Fabtech has a nice kit. I would still prefer Rubicon Express though for long arms. If only they would triangulate the rear, it would be perfect! There are lots of LA kits out, RE, TbT, Terafelx, Tomken, RK....
    Mike Baney
    09 Commander - 5.7L Hemi

Originally posted by jeepin_in_az
    Not to knock Troy, but I have heard what his "kit" costs. WOW, time to refinace the Jeep!
    Isn't that because he HAS to install it. Its not a bolt-on kit as I recall.

Oh yeah, and it has all that shiney aluminum too.

Chris
    2011 Jeep Liberty

6. After selling Fabtech for several years now, I would not trust them to make a kit for a TJ. Stick to Rubicon Express or Rancho.
    Good luck Simon

Originally posted by ChrisK
    Isn't that because he HAS to install it. Its not a bolt-on kit as I recall.

Oh yeah, and it has all that shiney aluminum too.

Chris
    Which also means HE has to do any kind of work to it too....

Simon, I do agree, stick with something that is proven, RE or Rancho. Although I have not seen a Rancho Long Arm Kit....
    Mike Baney
    09 Commander - 5.7L Hemi

DsrtJeeper Guest
    Therein lies my dilemna... I want a bolt on kit with triangulated rear that has been proven along with RE style customer service. I really enjoy installing my own lift. I really wish RE would update their kit. UGH!

(Here's where FlexyXJ chimes in about the Rock Krawler kit.... )

1BLKJP Guest
    Troy's lift is now in kit form from what I know of it. From what I know from talking to Jason LaLiberty from 4x4groupbuy.com that was Troy's plan from the beginning. To create the LA lift and then perfect it to bolt on kit form.

Jason has the kit for sale on his site right now and for a pretty comparable price for what you get. I don't see any other LA kits that come with Rancho 9000's and custom exhaust. That is easily almost 600 dollars worth of extra's that you won't get from Fab-tech or RE.

I have had a lot of conversation with Jason via email on this kit and am in the process of picking it up to put on my rig.

But from the research I have done from talking to club members and on the internet Troy's or RE are the best depending on triangulated rear or not.

Originally posted by oneblackjeep
    Troy's lift is now in kit form from what I know of it. From what I know from talking to Jason LaLiberty from 4x4groupbuy.com that was Troy's plan from the beginning. To create the LA lift and then perfect it to bolt on kit form.
    Cool. Thanks for educating me on this.
    2011 Jeep Liberty

mr_super-hunky Guest
    From what I've heard, Troys kit IS the exact same kit as the RE kit other than it DOES have the triangulated rear end, but hey, what do I know? I just repeat stuff people tell me to impress the ladies!

Originally posted by mr_super-hunky
    From what I've heard, Troys kit IS the exact same kit as the RE kit other than it DOES have the triangulated rear end, but hey, what do I know? I just repeat stuff people tell me to impress the ladies!
    Someone has obviously misinformed you.

Here is a TBT front control arm mount....(RE only has one arm coming back to the frame)

RE doesn't use alumi-flex arms. Troy doesn't use RE cartridge joints. He did make mine using an RE skid plate, but he makes his own skids now. The one thing that RE has in common with Troy's kit is that they are both long arm lifts and they both are made for TJs.

mr_super-hunky Guest
    hmmn, so who makes the BEST la kit?, RE or TXT? fabtech or full traction???....in your personal opinion of course.

I'm currently interested in the Full Traction one. It has many appealing features. Not many of them out there yet though, so I'll wait and see how they pan out.

Chris
    2011 Jeep Liberty

DsrtJeeper Guest
    Same here; Chris. Full Traction has my vote at the moment. They are very knowledgeble and the company has a good reputation. Full Traction is the same company as Calmini, who supply lifts for Suzukis. Calmini has been a real innovator in the Samurai aftermarket.

I don't know if one can really call any kit the best. How could one ever test each kit on an equal plain? I think at least 90% of it is the driver's skill level. I know guys running hardcore trails with only a RE 3.5" SA kit, spacers and 35's. There is alot of hype in this market as well as rumor and speculation. It seems that no matter what you buy; it has it's pros AND cons. There are two things to remember here....
    1) You can't make everyone happy 100% of the time
    2) Anything can be broken

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information