Thread: Raising '03 and later TJ seats - split from other 03 seat thread

Im 6'3'' and I couldnt see the end of the hood on my 03 tj. Was like sitting in a bucket. I got the name of some guy who made a spacer kit for both seats with new grade 8 bolts. Was about 50 or 60 bucks. Good quality though billett alluminum powdercoated black. I raised them 1 in and its great now. If I look back now, I may have gotten 1.5 inches. It would have put my head close to the soft top though but would have had even better vivibility.

DsrtJeeper Guest
    I'm about 6' tall and love my '03 seats as far as comfort and fit. I'm very interested in the guy making spacer kits mentioned above though.

Ive been trying to find my receipt for the kit to raise the seats. Cant find it yet, but Ill get the number for you asap
    Heres where I read about the lift...now I need to look up the phone number to Buchanan Precision Machine

http://www.jpmagazine.com/projectbui...40/index1.html
    Last edited by Tony Viv; 02-03-2004 at 10:04 AM.

Seat risers

I barely got my my TJ home, and I tore the seat out to raise the sliders!
    I went to Home Depot, and bought some 1-1/4" perf steel square tubing, and hardware. I cut them 14"long, painted them black, and bolted them between the sliders and pedistal.
    Then I mounted my fire extingusher along side. Works fine!

DsrtJeeper Guest
    Kurt;
    Have any pics? The biggest thing i'm worried about is safety in a crash. I'd hate to have my seat mount fail. Doh!!!

I split this thread off the other one to keep the original thread on topic and so others could find out how this is done.
    2011 Jeep Liberty

I thought of using washers and some other options, but I also thought of possible safetly issues too.
    The kit I got from Buchanan is very well made. Its powdercoated 8 billett alluminum spaceers(you choose thickness) along with all new longer grade 8 bolts with normal heads. Sure it was like 55 or so dollars but I figured what do gr8 bolts cost anyway 2 or 3 $ each, then the few dollar cost of something to space it up with.
    It was well worth it for me.

found the #
    Buchanan precision machine
    buchananprec@earthlink.com
    Last edited by Tony Viv; 02-04-2004 at 08:59 PM.

Thread Information