Thread: so...riding every day...

so...riding every day...

Yep... Im riding my Allmountain every day for 12 miles a day. Some roadies here may gigle that Im ONLY riding 12 miles a day after work instead of doing a century---lets see them ride a damn 32lb All Mountain/Boarderline DH bike that far......

Already feeling it in my legs---I think when I buy a road bike ill be able to haul ***!

Also:

May be a bit before Im able to ride SOMO again..... Friend went over the handlebars hard on the desert classic last weekend---5 hours in the ER for x-rays and stitches.... hes doing well with his vicodin though.
    "You just find what you love and you do it to death.That’s it. People looking for, searching for the secret of life, that’s it. That’s all there is." Zaak Wylde

Re: so...riding every day...

Whats you time for the 12? What trail? Or are you humping that lead weight on the road?

I ride my 17 lb roadie 23 most days.
    azshtr - Dave KF7AJU
    1991 4Runner

I've been riding my Giant Reign to work. I swapped the Tioga DH tires for some 1.25" slicks. The slicks give me 3-5 more mph and make for a nice road ride.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by azshtr View Post
    Whats you time for the 12? What trail? Or are you humping that lead weight on the road?

I ride my 17 lb roadie 23 most days.
    Lol my time is around 35-40 minutes.

Its the canal trail that leads from 83 AVE to 51 and Cactus. Yeah, its a paved trail and I'm lugging along with 2.35" Kenda Navagal tires.--Converted to tubeless, and running a high pressure -55PSI on the street.
    "You just find what you love and you do it to death.That’s it. People looking for, searching for the secret of life, that’s it. That’s all there is." Zaak Wylde

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Schenk View Post
    I've been riding my Giant Reign to work. I swapped the Tioga DH tires for some 1.25" slicks. The slicks give me 3-5 more mph and make for a nice road ride.
    WOW! I was considering changing to a spare wheelset with slicks on it for that reason--that and I like my Kendas for the trail.

5mph difference!!! Goes to show how much rolling resistance knobbies put out.

SIDENOTE: When I finally get my house (looking with a broker right now) I am probably going to buy a BLUE RD1 road bike for this purpose. I have heard nothing but great things about their price ($1995) and their weight (sub 18LBS)

Any thoughts?

congrats im doing about 15 a day m-f on a trek 7300 hybrid with 700x28c tires a back rack and lots of extra weight ......... I know the roadies laugh at me too but I dont care its a start ....... ill do about 25 miles tonite before weight watchers. Ill take the greenbelt from trailhead down to about Thomas road and then over to Scottsdale road then up to about thunderbird then back home to shea. weeeeeeeeeeeeee sounds fun.

Keep up good work. Riding is very addictive. Blue is a nice ride. Consider a Cannondale CAAD9 also, and a BMC streetfire. Both are great rides and can be as built as you want. The CAAD9 is a frame that is perfect for future upgrades if you don't get a top line groupset in the beginning. I would suggest 105 and ultegra as being very solid.

I ride from 32st and tbird, down to glendale and the canal via dreamy draw, follow the canal northwest to cavecreek wash, follow that to greenway and then back up to 20th street, over to sweetwater and back home. 24 miles... 1:30 to 1:15 hrs.

If anyone wants to join... lets go!
    Last edited by azshtr; 05-14-2009 at 07:52 AM.
    azshtr - Dave KF7AJU
    1991 4Runner

azshtr - Dave KF7AJU
    1991 4Runner

had a sidewall blow out last night on the way home ........... not fun

Thread Information