96350-96377

96350 From: Bob Menucci <bobnjeep@y...>
Date: Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:57pm
Subject: AA SYE + TW Drive Shaft Part # n/a pricing


I have a 1980 Wagoneer 360. My Haynes Manual says the Dana/Spicer Mod. 20 T-Case was only used in part time 4wd until '79. The Borg-Warner Quadra-trac was Full Time, and this leaves two options; the New Process Mod. 208 or 219. My suspicion is the 208 or possibly a left over Mod. 20.

Does anyone have any input on which T-Case I have so I can buy a SYE and Driveshaft? Will it matter which one I have?

I am putting on a 4 lift soon, and will have to at least consider this expense.



BobnJeep



---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


ADVERTISEMENT




96351 From: Rioshilo <rioshilo@c...>
Date: Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:03pm
Subject: Re: Rocker panel measurements???


If you need to go that high the easiest way would be to get a piece of 3/16
and have it bent. I used 4" angle on mine and it sits 2 1/2" below the jeep
emblem. Just cut the rockers off and tube them out. Thats what I plan on
doing... someday.

Rio


----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Dennis" <dannpegg@c...>
To: <az_vjc@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 1:31 PM
Subject: [az_vjc] Rocker panel measurements???


> What is the measurement from the (top) edge of the door sill (where
> the flat part of the rocker panel actually starts) to the bottom edge
> of the rocker panel/body on a 97 TJ? My rockers are so chewed up, I
> can't get a good measurement to find the right size angle iron to
> build some rocker guards. It's so bad, they'll have to go all the way
> up to the edge of the sill and be notched out to show the Jeep logo,
> just to cover the damage on both sides.
>
>
> TIA,
> Dan Dennis (AKA BRUZR's Daddy)
> 97 TJ (BRUZR) Locked, Loaded, and beat up in Lake Havasu City, AZ
>
>
>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
> To visit your group on the web, go to:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>
>


96352 From: Wade Ungaro <swaders7@y...>
Date: Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:12pm
Subject: New BBS problems...Jope West


Any one---Joe West?

I login to the new main site and it shows me as an active viewer. But when I try to post or change my settings I am required to login again. And then it cancels out what I just wrote. Any ideas on how to fix it?

~Wade



~Wade
'97 "Blue Cactus" TJ
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/swaders7/
http://www.theungaros.com
http://www.azvjc.org


---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Find out what made the Top Yahoo! Searches of 2003

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


96353 From: Joe West <joe.west@s...>
Date: Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:16pm
Subject: RE: New BBS problems...Jope West


Wade... turn off cookies in your user profile.

Joe

Joe F. West
Applications Consultant Synopsys Corporation
Cell (650)861-1359 Office (480) 733-2147
Blackberry PIN 2005DD8F


-----Original Message-----
From: Wade Ungaro [mailto:swaders7@y...]
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 6:13 PM
To: az_vjc@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [az_vjc] New BBS problems...Jope West



Any one---Joe West?

I login to the new main site and it shows me as an active viewer. But when I try to post or change my settings I am required to login again. And then it cancels out what I just wrote. Any ideas on how to fix it?

~Wade



~Wade
'97 "Blue Cactus" TJ
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/swaders7/
http://www.theungaros.com
http://www.azvjc.org


---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Find out what made the Top Yahoo! Searches of 2003

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]




Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/


96354 From: Wade Ungaro <swaders7@y...>
Date: Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:17pm
Subject: RE: New BBS problems...Jope West


I can't. Everytime I go into the profile section I have to login and then I click to go to the options and it makes me login again. Then I can't get to the screen I want.

~Wade

Joe West <Joe.West@s...> wrote:
Wade... turn off cookies in your user profile.

Joe

Joe F. West
Applications Consultant Synopsys Corporation
Cell (650)861-1359 Office (480) 733-2147
Blackberry PIN 2005DD8F


-----Original Message-----
From: Wade Ungaro [mailto:swaders7@y...]
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 6:13 PM
To: az_vjc@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [az_vjc] New BBS problems...Jope West



Any one---Joe West?

I login to the new main site and it shows me as an active viewer. But when I try to post or change my settings I am required to login again. And then it cancels out what I just wrote. Any ideas on how to fix it?

~Wade



~Wade
'97 "Blue Cactus" TJ
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/swaders7/
http://www.theungaros.com
http://www.azvjc.org


---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Find out what made the Top Yahoo! Searches of 2003

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]




Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/



~Wade
'97 "Blue Cactus" TJ
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/swaders7/
http://www.theungaros.com
http://www.azvjc.org


---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Find out what made the Top Yahoo! Searches of 2003

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


96355 From: Joe West <joe.west@s...>
Date: Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:18pm
Subject: RE: New BBS problems...Jope West


What is your username... I'll do it for you...


Joe F. West
Applications Consultant Synopsys Corporation
Cell (650)861-1359 Office (480) 733-2147
Blackberry PIN 2005DD8F


-----Original Message-----
From: Wade Ungaro [mailto:swaders7@y...]
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 6:18 PM
To: Joe West; az_vjc@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [az_vjc] New BBS problems...Jope West


I can't. Everytime I go into the profile section I have to login and then I click to go to the options and it makes me login again. Then I can't get to the screen I want.

~Wade

Joe West <Joe.West@s...> wrote:

Wade... turn off cookies in your user profile.

Joe

Joe F. West
Applications Consultant Synopsys Corporation
Cell (650)861-1359 Office (480) 733-2147
Blackberry PIN 2005DD8F


-----Original Message-----
From: Wade Ungaro [mailto:swaders7@y...]
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 6:13 PM
To: az_vjc@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [az_vjc] New BBS problems...Jope West



Any one---Joe West?

I login to the new main site and it shows me as an active viewer. But when I try to post or change my settings I am required to login again. And then it cancels out what I just wrote. Any ideas on how to fix it?

~Wade



~Wade
'97 "Blue Cactus" TJ
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/swaders7/
http://www.theungaros.com
http://www.azvjc.org


---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Find ou! t what made the Top Yahoo! Searches of 2003

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]




Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/





~Wade
'97 "Blue Cactus" TJ
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/swaders7/
http://www.theungaros.com
http://www.azvjc.org



_____

Do you Yahoo!?
Find out what made <http://search.yahoo.com/top2003> the Top Yahoo! Searches of 2003



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


96356 From: Hackle <hackle@q...>
Date: Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:20pm
Subject: RE: New BBS problems...Jope West


Wade I feel your pain Same thing for me. Nothing works as it does no keep
the login info. I did not receive a confirmation e-mail which may be both
our problems. Jim F.

Arizona RockRats President
http://www.rockrats.org/
"I refuse to belong to any group that would have me as a member" Groucho
Marx
Member of the original dirty half dozen.
http://www.users.qwest.net/~jkflorence/

-----Original Message-----
From: Wade Ungaro [mailto:swaders7@y...]
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 6:18 PM
To: Joe West; az_vjc@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [az_vjc] New BBS problems...Jope West


I can't. Everytime I go into the profile section I have to login and then I
click to go to the options and it makes me login again. Then I can't get to
the screen I want.

~Wade

Joe West <Joe.West@s...> wrote:
Wade... turn off cookies in your user profile.

Joe

Joe F. West
Applications Consultant Synopsys Corporation
Cell (650)861-1359 Office (480) 733-2147
Blackberry PIN 2005DD8F


-----Original Message-----
From: Wade Ungaro [mailto:swaders7@y...]
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 6:13 PM
To: az_vjc@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [az_vjc] New BBS problems...Jope West



Any one---Joe West?

I login to the new main site and it shows me as an active viewer. But when I
try to post or change my settings I am required to login again. And then it
cancels out what I just wrote. Any ideas on how to fix it?

~Wade



~Wade
'97 "Blue Cactus" TJ
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/swaders7/
http://www.theungaros.com
http://www.azvjc.org


---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Find out what made the Top Yahoo! Searches of 2003

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]




Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/



~Wade
'97 "Blue Cactus" TJ
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/swaders7/
http://www.theungaros.com
http://www.azvjc.org


---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Find out what made the Top Yahoo! Searches of 2003

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]




Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/


96357 From: trmn8rjn98 <trmn8rjn98@a...>
Date: Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:28pm
Subject: Re: New BBS problems...Jope West


Please do me to. when you get a chance I also sent you an e-mail
earlier.
I am John in AZ
Thanks
John

--- In az_vjc@yahoogroups.com, "Hackle" <hackle@q...> wrote:
> Wade I feel your pain Same thing for me. Nothing works as
it does no keep
> the login info. I did not receive a confirmation e-mail which may
be both
> our problems. Jim F.
>
> Arizona RockRats President
> http://www.rockrats.org/
> "I refuse to belong to any group that would have me as a member"
Groucho
> Marx
> Member of the original dirty half dozen.
> http://www.users.qwest.net/~jkflorence/
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Wade Ungaro [mailto:swaders7@y...]
> Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 6:18 PM
> To: Joe West; az_vjc@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: RE: [az_vjc] New BBS problems...Jope West
>
>
> I can't. Everytime I go into the profile section I have to login
and then I
> click to go to the options and it makes me login again. Then I
can't get to
> the screen I want.
>
> ~Wade
>
> Joe West <Joe.West@s...> wrote:
> Wade... turn off cookies in your user profile.
>
> Joe
>
> Joe F. West
> Applications Consultant Synopsys Corporation
> Cell (650)861-1359 Office (480) 733-2147
> Blackberry PIN 2005DD8F
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Wade Ungaro [mailto:swaders7@y...]
> Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 6:13 PM
> To: az_vjc@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [az_vjc] New BBS problems...Jope West
>
>
>
> Any one---Joe West?
>
> I login to the new main site and it shows me as an active viewer.
But when I
> try to post or change my settings I am required to login again. And
then it
> cancels out what I just wrote. Any ideas on how to fix it?
>
> ~Wade
>
>
>
> ~Wade
> '97 "Blue Cactus" TJ
> http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/swaders7/
> http://www.theungaros.com
> http://www.azvjc.org
>
>
> ---------------------------------
> Do you Yahoo!?
> Find out what made the Top Yahoo! Searches of 2003
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
> To visit your group on the web, go to:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>
>
> ~Wade
> '97 "Blue Cactus" TJ
> http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/swaders7/
> http://www.theungaros.com
> http://www.azvjc.org
>
>
> ---------------------------------
> Do you Yahoo!?
> Find out what made the Top Yahoo! Searches of 2003
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
> To visit your group on the web, go to:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/


96358 From: Jeep Chick <cj5_jeep_chick@y...>
Date: Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:56pm
Subject: Re: [Tech] 2000 TJ - Anyone have a spare alterator sitting around?


Sorry don't have one sitting around but found one on
checkers website for 179.99. Four hundred sounds
awfully steep. Check out the link below. If you still
have problems finding one, email me.

http://www.partsamerica.com/PartDeta...ype=11&PTSet=A

Jeep Chick


CJ5_Jeep_Chick@y...


--- AzVJC Website <azvjc@a...> wrote:
> We haven't been too active in the club, my health
> precludes it, but we just blew up our alternator,
> and a new one costs close to $400 (lots of $$). We
> tried to get the original rebuilt, but can't find
> one of the parts it needs to work - if you have one
> and can part within reason, call us at 480-831-7868.
> Steve and Rose Slifer
>
> Steve Slifer
>
>
>
>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
> To visit your group on the web, go to:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>

__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Find out what made the Top Yahoo! Searches of 2003
http://search.yahoo.com/top2003


96359 From: AzVJC Website <azvjc@a...>
Date: Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:02pm
Subject: [TR] Tie Rod Wash - Saturday, January 3, 2004 - Reminder


Hello All,jason silva is leading a Tie Rod Wash trail run on Saturday, January 3, 2004.<br><br>When: 10 a.m.
Where: just north of I-10 on watson rd.
Rating: 4.0
Length: 3-4 hrs
CB Channel: 4

i was wanting to run tie rod wash and a couple other "unamed" washes. <br>
<br>
tie rod wash is rated a 4, but has no bypasses or early exits. also has one small waterfall/notch that could be difficult for longer wheelbase vehicles.<br>
<br>
also would like to explore some of the other washes in the area.<br>
<br>
i recommend at least 33" tires for clearence but lockers aren't required.<br>
<br>
so if your not too hung over, come on out and start the year off with some rocks.<br>


This is an interesting little wash with several obstacles, getting progressively harder further up the wash.<br>
<br>
The trail starts off the main wash near the Sand Hills and comes out on the trail up to Monster Hill.

http://www.azvjc.org/default.asp?A=1&ID=1128
Click the link above To Add Your Name to the Sign Up List
Thank You,

- The AzVJC Website


96360 From: anthony <a_celaya@c...>
Date: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:19pm
Subject: Re: Re: A little feedback on moving forward with AZVJC BBS.... I'm ready...


What is the purpose of an IP address anyway?
Anthony C
----- Original Message -----
From: "Leonard K. Pennock" <leonardpennock@c...>
To: "Fred Wilson" <fredtj@c...>
Cc: <az_vjc@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 8:08 AM
Subject: Re: [az_vjc] Re: A little feedback on moving forward with AZVJC
BBS.... I'm ready...


> Acutally you might be supprised how many places return the same address
> when you dump and renew. A lot of DHCP servers check to see if they
> have recently assigned a address to the requesting MAC and reuse that
> address if they have. They only really dump the address if they need to
> reclaim the address.
>
> Fred Wilson wrote:
> > Sure hope you Cox subscribers use a really good firewall..
> > Most places, other than Cox, have dynamically allocated IP addresses
> > and those can be changed simply by dropping the current one and renewing
> > (asking for)
> > a new one.
> >
> >
> >
> > Fred
> >
> >
> > leonardpennock wrote:
> >
> >>Not on cox you won't. You will get the same IP everytime until you
> >>change your NIC.
> >>
> >>--- In az_vjc@yahoogroups.com, Fred Wilson <fredtj@c...> wrote:
> >>
> >>
> >>>Mmmm, takes me *maybe* 15 seconds to get another IP address.
> >>>- Open up a command window
> >>>- Type IPConfig /release
> >>>- Type IPConfig /renew
> >>>
> >>>Bingo, new IP address.
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>Fred
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>JamesT wrote:
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>>Both of you are incorrect in your thinking. Right now anyone, and I
> >>>>mean anyone (spammers, out of state, out of country, ...) can join
> >>>>this group. With a BBS style program not only can users be blocked
> >>>>but IP addresses also. This means, unless the spammers or "trash
> >>>>maker" gets another IP connection to reach us from they will be
> >>>>blocked permanently. The chances of them getting another IP address
> >>>>are less likely than someone just creating another Yahoo id.
> >>>>
> >>>>--James
> >>>>
> >>>>--- In az_vjc@yahoogroups.com, NVRSTUKXJ@a... wrote:
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>>I have to agree without the "outsiders" thing.....I would hate to
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>see some of
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>>the crap thats on JU polluting our site.....
> >>>>>
> >>>>>T.J. Gill
> >>>>>75 CJ5 w/Stuff
> >>>>>90 XJ w/Stuff Too
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>>[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>Yahoo! Groups Links
> >>>>
> >>>>To visit your group on the web, go to:
> >>>>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/
> >>>>
> >>>>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> >>>>az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
> >>>>
> >>>>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
> >>>>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >>>
> >>>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>Yahoo! Groups Links
> >>
> >>To visit your group on the web, go to:
> >> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/
> >>
> >>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> >> az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
> >>
> >>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
> >> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
>
> --
> Leonard K. Pennock
> AD7AS
>
> Those who walk bravely through life, unafraid of loss or failure,
> find that they very rarely lose or fail.
>
>
>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
> To visit your group on the web, go to:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>


96361 From: Whamo017 <whamo017@y...>
Date: Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:24pm
Subject: m38A1 for sale


great running m38A1 for sale , have military ID plates for it. mostly
stock, would be a great recon project. I have pics to send if
interested. email me at whamo017@y...
pic posted in profile


96362 From: ScottG <98tjgreen@c...>
Date: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:00pm
Subject: Re: Re: [OT] Job needed!


good call Tom Dress Blues do look the best although mine have not fit since
the day I got out.
p.s. you can tell me the YMCA story some time hehe!

Scott G
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Schenk" <tomschenk1@y...>
To: <az_vjc@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 12:54 PM
Subject: [az_vjc] Re: [OT] Job needed!


>
> Marine dress blues, without question or room for discssion, the
> finest military uniform of ever. Although very difficult to dance to
> YMCA in them. Don't ask.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --- In az_vjc@yahoogroups.com, "intertwingled" <intertwingled@q...>
> wrote:
> > Actually one of the reasons I joined the Air Force instead of the
> > Marines is because the Air Force had what I consider to be the
> coolest
> > looking uniform, ever. It was the 1549 dark blue, long sleeve
> shirt,
> > dark blue pants, dark blue cap, dark blue tie, dark blue web belt
> with
> > silver buckle, and of course, black corfam shoes. They phased out
> the
> > 1549 shirt around 1985, and hey hey, that's just about the time
> that I
> > decided to get out of the Air Force. Maybe some of the other Air
> Force
> > old-timers who hang out on this list might remember the 1549
> uniform
> > combo. It was SLICK.
> >
> > Tony
> >
> > ScottG wrote:
> >
> > >Marines all the way
> > >
> > >Scott G
> > >----- Original Message -----
> > >From: <rokkcrawler@a...>
> > >To: <intertwingled@q...>
> > >Cc: <az_vjc@Y...>
> > >Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 10:58 AM
> > >Subject: Re: [az_vjc] Re: [OT] Job needed!
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >>In a message dated 12/30/2003 10:54:58 AM US Mountain Standard
> Time,
> > >>intertwingled@q... writes:
> > >>Bah. Don't join the Marines. Join the Air Force: The Cadillac
> of the
> > >>Services. Worked for me! =)
> > >>Infidel ! :-) Marines are #1 SEMPER FI
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>Yahoo! Groups Links
> > >>
> > >>To visit your group on the web, go to:
> > >> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/
> > >>
> > >>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> > >> az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
> > >>
> > >>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
> > >> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
>
>
>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
> To visit your group on the web, go to:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>
>


96363 From: Leonard K. Pennock <leonardpennock@c...>
Date: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:17pm
Subject: Re: Re: A little feedback on moving forward with AZVJC BBS.... I'm ready...


Kind of like a phone number for computers. It is how the data packets
get routed to your computer.

anthony wrote:
> What is the purpose of an IP address anyway?
> Anthony C
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Leonard K. Pennock" <leonardpennock@c...>
> To: "Fred Wilson" <fredtj@c...>
> Cc: <az_vjc@yahoogroups.com>
> Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 8:08 AM
> Subject: Re: [az_vjc] Re: A little feedback on moving forward with AZVJC
> BBS.... I'm ready...
>
>
>
>>Acutally you might be supprised how many places return the same address
>>when you dump and renew. A lot of DHCP servers check to see if they
>>have recently assigned a address to the requesting MAC and reuse that
>>address if they have. They only really dump the address if they need to
>>reclaim the address.
>>
>>Fred Wilson wrote:
>>
>>>Sure hope you Cox subscribers use a really good firewall..
>>>Most places, other than Cox, have dynamically allocated IP addresses
>>>and those can be changed simply by dropping the current one and renewing
>>>(asking for)
>>>a new one.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Fred
>>>
>>>
>>>leonardpennock wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>Not on cox you won't. You will get the same IP everytime until you
>>>>change your NIC.
>>>>
>>>>--- In az_vjc@yahoogroups.com, Fred Wilson <fredtj@c...> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>Mmmm, takes me *maybe* 15 seconds to get another IP address.
>>>>>- Open up a command window
>>>>>- Type IPConfig /release
>>>>>- Type IPConfig /renew
>>>>>
>>>>>Bingo, new IP address.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>Fred
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>JamesT wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>>Both of you are incorrect in your thinking. Right now anyone, and I
>>>>>>mean anyone (spammers, out of state, out of country, ...) can join
>>>>>>this group. With a BBS style program not only can users be blocked
>>>>>>but IP addresses also. This means, unless the spammers or "trash
>>>>>>maker" gets another IP connection to reach us from they will be
>>>>>>blocked permanently. The chances of them getting another IP address
>>>>>>are less likely than someone just creating another Yahoo id.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>--James
>>>>>>
>>>>>>--- In az_vjc@yahoogroups.com, NVRSTUKXJ@a... wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>I have to agree without the "outsiders" thing.....I would hate to
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>see some of
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>the crap thats on JU polluting our site.....
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>T.J. Gill
>>>>>>>75 CJ5 w/Stuff
>>>>>>>90 XJ w/Stuff Too
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>Yahoo! Groups Links
>>>>>>
>>>>>>To visit your group on the web, go to:
>>>>>>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/
>>>>>>
>>>>>>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>>>>>>az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>>>>>>
>>>>>>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
>>>>>>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>Yahoo! Groups Links
>>>>
>>>>To visit your group on the web, go to:
>>>>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/
>>>>
>>>>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>>>>az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>>>>
>>>>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
>>>>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>
>>--
>>Leonard K. Pennock
>>AD7AS
>>
>>Those who walk bravely through life, unafraid of loss or failure,
>>find that they very rarely lose or fail.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>Yahoo! Groups Links
>>
>>To visit your group on the web, go to:
>> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/
>>
>>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>> az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>>
>>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
>> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>>
>>

--
Leonard K. Pennock
AD7AS

Those who walk bravely through life, unafraid of loss or failure,
find that they very rarely lose or fail.


96364 From: DougB <azjeep@c...>
Date: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:53pm
Subject: New BB comments


Took a look at the new site...looks good, but my main
comment/observation is that it's a "Virtual Jeep Club" site as
opposed to one that's Az based. Joe...is this just a prototype,
before setting up a AzVJC BB?? My thought is that the Az nature of
the group be maintained/promoted as much as possible. True, anyone
can join, but if we don't establish it as an Az based BB, it'll be
just another generic Jeep BB w/o geographic focus.

Also....one of the neat things (IMO) that the AzVJC has been is a
community of Jeep people with different types of Jeeps. Maybe
dividing us all into categories (TJ, YJ, CJ) etc would detract from
this. Just a thought...

Otherwise, looks good to me as an interim step.

DougB


96365 From: Chris Krieg <rv6a@c...>
Date: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:00pm
Subject: Re: New BB comments


I agree, we need Arizona in the name.

It is all one big group for now. I think what is confusing people is
the TJ Items, CJ Items, YJ Items categories. These are forsale forums,
not tech forums. This will all be sorted out as Joe learns the software
a bit more.

Post tech questions in the General section. Just like with the email
list, things are kept together.

Chris

On Dec 30, 2003, at 9:53 PM, DougB wrote:

> Took a look at the new site...looks good, but my main
> comment/observation is that it's a "Virtual Jeep Club" site as
> opposed to one that's Az based. Joe...is this just a prototype,
> before setting up a AzVJC BB?? My thought is that the Az nature of
> the group be maintained/promoted as much as possible. True, anyone
> can join, but if we don't establish it as an Az based BB, it'll be
> just another generic Jeep BB w/o geographic focus.
>
> Also....one of the neat things (IMO) that the AzVJC has been is a
> community of Jeep people with different types of Jeeps. Maybe
> dividing us all into categories (TJ, YJ, CJ) etc would detract from
> this. Just a thought...
>
> Otherwise, looks good to me as an interim step.
>
> DougB
>
>
>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
> To visit your group on the web, go to:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>


96366 From: intertwingled <intertwingled@q...>
Date: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:01am
Subject: Re: Re: A little feedback on moving forward with AZVJC BBS.... I'm ready...


And at 32 bits long, we are running out of them. That's why the big
push for ipv6, which provides 128 bit "telephone numbers".

Tony

Leonard K. Pennock wrote:

>Kind of like a phone number for computers. It is how the data packets
>get routed to your computer.
>
>anthony wrote:
>
>
>>What is the purpose of an IP address anyway?
>>Anthony C
>>----- Original Message -----
>>From: "Leonard K. Pennock" <leonardpennock@c...>
>>To: "Fred Wilson" <fredtj@c...>
>>Cc: <az_vjc@yahoogroups.com>
>>Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 8:08 AM
>>Subject: Re: [az_vjc] Re: A little feedback on moving forward with AZVJC
>>BBS.... I'm ready...
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>>Acutally you might be supprised how many places return the same address
>>>when you dump and renew. A lot of DHCP servers check to see if they
>>>have recently assigned a address to the requesting MAC and reuse that
>>>address if they have. They only really dump the address if they need to
>>>reclaim the address.
>>>
>>>Fred Wilson wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>Sure hope you Cox subscribers use a really good firewall..
>>>>Most places, other than Cox, have dynamically allocated IP addresses
>>>>and those can be changed simply by dropping the current one and renewing
>>>>(asking for)
>>>>a new one.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Fred
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>leonardpennock wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>Not on cox you won't. You will get the same IP everytime until you
>>>>>change your NIC.
>>>>>
>>>>>--- In az_vjc@yahoogroups.com, Fred Wilson <fredtj@c...> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>>Mmmm, takes me *maybe* 15 seconds to get another IP address.
>>>>>>- Open up a command window
>>>>>>- Type IPConfig /release
>>>>>>- Type IPConfig /renew
>>>>>>
>>>>>>Bingo, new IP address.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>Fred
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>JamesT wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>Both of you are incorrect in your thinking. Right now anyone, and I
>>>>>>>mean anyone (spammers, out of state, out of country, ...) can join
>>>>>>>this group. With a BBS style program not only can users be blocked
>>>>>>>but IP addresses also. This means, unless the spammers or "trash
>>>>>>>maker" gets another IP connection to reach us from they will be
>>>>>>>blocked permanently. The chances of them getting another IP address
>>>>>>>are less likely than someone just creating another Yahoo id.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>--James
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>--- In az_vjc@yahoogroups.com, NVRSTUKXJ@a... wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>I have to agree without the "outsiders" thing.....I would hate to
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>see some of
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>the crap thats on JU polluting our site.....
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>T.J. Gill
>>>>>>>>75 CJ5 w/Stuff
>>>>>>>>90 XJ w/Stuff Too
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>Yahoo! Groups Links
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>To visit your group on the web, go to:
>>>>>>>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>>>>>>>az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
>>>>>>>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>Yahoo! Groups Links
>>>>>
>>>>>To visit your group on the web, go to:
>>>>>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/
>>>>>
>>>>>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>>>>>az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>>>>>
>>>>>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
>>>>>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>--
>>>Leonard K. Pennock
>>>AD7AS
>>>
>>>Those who walk bravely through life, unafraid of loss or failure,
>>>find that they very rarely lose or fail.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>Yahoo! Groups Links
>>>
>>>To visit your group on the web, go to:
>>>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/
>>>
>>>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>>>az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>>>
>>>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
>>>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>
>
>


96367 From: Bob Jacques <bjacques@m...>
Date: Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:23am
Subject: RE: New BBS problems...Jope West


It's doing the same thing to me... What am I doing wrong ?? Thx, Bob J,
(blackeyedt)

-----Original Message-----
From: Wade Ungaro [mailto:swaders7@y...]
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 6:13 PM
To: az_vjc@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [az_vjc] New BBS problems...Jope West


Any one---Joe West?

I login to the new main site and it shows me as an active viewer. But when
I try to post or change my settings I am required to login again. And then
it cancels out what I just wrote. Any ideas on how to fix it?

~Wade



~Wade
'97 "Blue Cactus" TJ
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/swaders7/
http://www.theungaros.com
http://www.azvjc.org


---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Find out what made the Top Yahoo! Searches of 2003

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]




Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/


96368 From: DesertJeep <joey@d...>
Date: Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:45am
Subject: RE: New BBS problems...Jope West


You must turn off the Cookie setting. To get there click on User CP then
edit options. Every time it says you don't have permission, just log in
again. I had to log in at each step, but it worked and I don't get that
message anymore.


Joey K
http://www.desertjeep.com
93YJ


-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Jacques [mailto:bjacques@m...]
Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2003 6:24 AM
To: 'Wade Ungaro'; az_vjc@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [az_vjc] New BBS problems...Jope West

It's doing the same thing to me... What am I doing wrong ?? Thx, Bob J,
(blackeyedt)

-----Original Message-----
From: Wade Ungaro [mailto:swaders7@y...]
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 6:13 PM
To: az_vjc@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [az_vjc] New BBS problems...Jope West


Any one---Joe West?

I login to the new main site and it shows me as an active viewer. But when
I try to post or change my settings I am required to login again. And then
it cancels out what I just wrote. Any ideas on how to fix it?

~Wade



~Wade
'97 "Blue Cactus" TJ
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/swaders7/
http://www.theungaros.com
http://www.azvjc.org


---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Find out what made the Top Yahoo! Searches of 2003

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]




Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/




Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/


96372 From: arizonaoutlaws <azoutlaws@m...>
Date: Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:43am
Subject: Re: New BBS problems...Jope West


Did that.. still can't edit. When clicking on "submit" it asks
me to log in again. Then it goes back to the edit page, and the
corrections are gone.

AJ Card :-(

--- In az_vjc@yahoogroups.com, "DesertJeep" <joey@d...> wrote:
> You must turn off the Cookie setting. To get there click on User CP
then
> edit options. Every time it says you don't have permission, just
log in
> again. I had to log in at each step, but it worked and I don't get
that
> message anymore.
>
>
> Joey K
> http://www.desertjeep.com
> 93YJ
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Bob Jacques [mailto:bjacques@m...]
> Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2003 6:24 AM
> To: 'Wade Ungaro'; az_vjc@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: RE: [az_vjc] New BBS problems...Jope West
>
> It's doing the same thing to me... What am I doing wrong ?? Thx,
Bob J,
> (blackeyedt)
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Wade Ungaro [mailto:swaders7@y...]
> Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 6:13 PM
> To: az_vjc@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [az_vjc] New BBS problems...Jope West
>
>
> Any one---Joe West?
>
> I login to the new main site and it shows me as an active viewer.
But when
> I try to post or change my settings I am required to login again.
And then
> it cancels out what I just wrote. Any ideas on how to fix it?
>
> ~Wade
>
>
>
> ~Wade
> '97 "Blue Cactus" TJ
> http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/swaders7/
> http://www.theungaros.com
> http://www.azvjc.org
>
>
> ---------------------------------
> Do you Yahoo!?
> Find out what made the Top Yahoo! Searches of 2003
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
> To visit your group on the web, go to:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>
>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
> To visit your group on the web, go to:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/


96373 From: RICK BEER <RIKNAZ@M...>
Date: Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:46am
Subject: OT OT free


Need to give away an electric stove to anyone who needs it there is nothing wrong with it the wife wanted a new stove & now she has it (damn wife) O well e-mail or call my cell 602-502-3198 need to get it out of my garage

Thanks Rick Beer


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


96374 From: <NVRSTUKXJ@a...>
Date: Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:49am
Subject: Re: [arizonaXJ] OT OT free


Rick....I'll take it if it is the model that comes with the new 33" MT's...... :-)


96375 From: Scott G <98tjgreen@c...>
Date: Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:52am
Subject: New Years Eve


Any body want to lead A run today I can go at short notice. Im still
in my stock TJ so I was thinking something like FR 42 or whatever. Ok
call me if interested.
602-279-5377
98tjgreen@c...
Scott G


96376 From: <NVRSTUKXJ@a...>
Date: Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:53am
Subject: BBS Issue


I registered earlier this morning and bookmarked the site.... when I went back to it, it showed me logged in as BillR...being intrigued by this, I clicked on the profile and found that I was now a network analyst in Flagstaff who enjoyed bowhunting......JOE: is this normal?????....tj


96377 From: arizonaoutlaws <azoutlaws@m...>
Date: Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:13am
Subject: OT: Rick Beer


Rick,

I need info on some: P225/40ZR-18 and P255/35ZR-19 tires for my car.
Give me a call at: (480) 986-2454 when you have the time.

Thanks,
AJ Card