96200-96224

96200 From: anthony <a_celaya@c...>
Date: Sat Dec 27, 2003 2:38pm
Subject: check out this rock crawler!


I wish I had one!

http://http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayIS...category=19168

Anthony C


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


ADVERTISEMENT




96201 From: Burt Eastburn <burt1@c...>
Date: Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:43pm
Subject: Spare tire relocator 4 Sale (TJ)


Spare tire relocator for 03 TJ for sale. Original costs $110, asking
$60 bucks. Allows you to install a 33" spare on the stock spare tire
carrier.

Email me if interested.


96202 From: AzVJC Website <azvjc@a...>
Date: Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:17pm
Subject: [TR] Axle Alley - Saturday, January 3, 2004


Hello All,steve sample is leading an Axle Alley trail run on Saturday, January 3, 2004.<br><br>When: 9:00am sat
Where: cottonwood entrance
Rating: 4.5+
Length: few hours
CB Channel: 4

start the year out right...........<br>
<br>
lets ROCKKKKKKKKK<br>
<br>


Axle Alley is one of two, truly extreme trails in Arizona. This trail starts with several major waterfalls requiring the use of a winch. Last year when this trail was opened there were three waterfalls needing a winch; today the majority of extreme vehicles will still need to winch. <br>
<br>
This trail is approximately 3/4 of a mile in length but it doesn't give you much time to "breath" in between obstacles. You will encounter boulders, waterfalls, creaveses, off camber and just plain "I can't believe I have to do that" challenges.<br>
<br>
This is a fun trail for the extreme 4-wheeler, both driver and vehicle.<br>
<br>
It will require a fully locked, lifted and modified vehicle with a winch. Bring lunch, plenty of drinking water and don't forget your camera.<br>
<br>
Enjoy and remember to TREAD Lightly!

http://www.azvjc.org/default.asp?A=1&ID=1145
Click the link above To Add Your Name to the Sign Up List
Thank You,

- The AzVJC Website


96203 From: Tom Schenk <tomschenk1@y...>
Date: Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:55pm
Subject: Re: Rear LED light install question


I used a self lit frame from 4 wheelers supply. You can also use
lighted bolts.
Tom




--- In az_vjc@yahoogroups.com, "djjohnstone85296" <djohnstone@d...>
wrote:
> I'm getting ready to install my rear LED lights, and was wondering
> what kind of back-up and license plate lights did those of you who
> did this, suggest.


96204 From: Stu Olson <solson8@q...>
Date: Sun Dec 28, 2003 4:28pm
Subject: RE: Re: Rear LED light install question


Or you can use one of those 12V three dollar lights from AutoZone that
are made to illuminate a license plate.

Stu Olson
www.stu-offroad.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Schenk [mailto:tomschenk1@y...]
Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2003 4:56 PM
To: az_vjc@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [az_vjc] Re: Rear LED light install question

I used a self lit frame from 4 wheelers supply. You can also use
lighted bolts.
Tom




--- In az_vjc@yahoogroups.com, "djjohnstone85296" <djohnstone@d...>
wrote:
> I'm getting ready to install my rear LED lights, and was wondering
> what kind of back-up and license plate lights did those of you who
> did this, suggest.




Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/


96205 From: DesertJeep <joey@d...>
Date: Sun Dec 28, 2003 4:43pm
Subject: RE: Rear LED light install question


Something also to consider is make sure the lights have reflective
capability. If not you will have to add some reflective material to the rear
of the Jeep.


Joey K
http://www.desertjeep.com
93YJ


-----Original Message-----
From: djjohnstone85296 [mailto:djohnstone@d...]
Sent: Saturday, December 27, 2003 2:07 PM
To: az_vjc@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [az_vjc] Rear LED light install question

I'm getting ready to install my rear LED lights, and was wondering what kind
of back-up and license plate lights did those of you who did this, suggest.




Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/


96206 From: jeepcj5nut <jeepcj5nut@c...>
Date: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:54pm
Subject: Re: XJ Roll cage?


Call John over at Hunter Offroad... He does some awsome work!!!
480-557-7577

Shawn


----- Original Message -----
From: "y2k-xj" <y2k-xj@c...>
To: <AZ_vjc@yahoogroups.com>
Cc: <Arizonaxj@yahoogroups.com>; <Azbackcountry@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, December 26, 2003 11:06 AM
Subject: [az_vjc] XJ Roll cage?


> Can anyone point me in a direction to have a full interior roll cage built
for my 2000-xj and also is anyone attending the jeepspeed challenge in
parker AZ coming up here soon? Rob Bolin Y2K-XJ
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
> To visit your group on the web, go to:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>
>


96207 From: Richard Conner <richardconner@q...>
Date: Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:58pm
Subject: New vibe problem from todays CK run


I had a great time today on the Crown King run.........

No problems on the trail. But when I got on the freeway I had a new bad
vibration at all speeds over 45 MPH. The vibe stays constant even with
the clutch depressed. After airing up the tires I did a flashlight
visual inspection and found no problems that I could see. The u-joints
feel tight, no indications that I hit the drive shaft. I did take a
good hit on the drivers side of the skid plate but its only scratched
and not mangled.

I am running a 02 TJ with a 6 cyl. 4.0, 5 speed trannie, into NP231,
Lifted with a RE 7003 3.5 inch lift kit with adjustable upper rear
control arms and a transfer case drop and no SYE yet, on 33 inch tires.

Could I have misaligned the trannie somehow when I hit the Skid plate ?
Do the transfer case drop kits from RE allow the trannie to shift with
light hits on the skid plate ?
Everything underneath looks okay visually, are there any measurements I
can take to verify drive shaft/trannie alignment?
Any other ideas?????


Wonder how fast I can get an SYE from groupbuy.......

Any ideas are appreciated
Rick Conner


96208 From: Matt OBrien <makaioo@y...>
Date: Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:15pm
Subject: Re: New vibe problem from todays CK run


You likely just knocked one or more balancing weights off one or both
front wheels. Very common when wheeling and the symptoms match what
you described. Check your rims (inside and out) for noticeable areas
where a weight may have been but no longer exists. Go have your
wheels balanced and see if it helps.

Matt
K7MTO

--- In az_vjc@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Conner" <richardconner@q...>
wrote:
> I had a great time today on the Crown King run.........
>
> No problems on the trail. But when I got on the freeway I had a new
bad
> vibration at all speeds over 45 MPH. The vibe stays constant even
with
> the clutch depressed. After airing up the tires I did a flashlight
> visual inspection and found no problems that I could see. The u-
joints
> feel tight, no indications that I hit the drive shaft. I did take
a
> good hit on the drivers side of the skid plate but its only
scratched
> and not mangled.
>
> I am running a 02 TJ with a 6 cyl. 4.0, 5 speed trannie, into
NP231,
> Lifted with a RE 7003 3.5 inch lift kit with adjustable upper rear
> control arms and a transfer case drop and no SYE yet, on 33 inch
tires.
>
> Could I have misaligned the trannie somehow when I hit the Skid
plate ?
> Do the transfer case drop kits from RE allow the trannie to shift
with
> light hits on the skid plate ?
> Everything underneath looks okay visually, are there any
measurements I
> can take to verify drive shaft/trannie alignment?
> Any other ideas?????


96209 From: Eric Marcus <3timejeepin@c...>
Date: Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:19pm
Subject: vibe problem


Hey guys I just got done lifting yesterday 4" lift with new lower
control arms and a 1" transfer case drop, but now I have a vibe at 55mph
and higher, and suggestions?? I had the idea to get the shaft
lengthened?? Who does it and how much?? Or any other ideas?? Please
help.

Thanks for everyones help already its so nice to know I have help a
email away.


Eric Marcus



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


96210 From: Mike Beach <mikebeach2002@y...>
Date: Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:23pm
Subject: [OT]- Anyone been up to Sunrise yet?


Were planning on heading up on Wednesday morning. Anyone been up there since its opened? Wondering how good the conditions are. Anybody gonna be up there for New Years? Look for my big Silver Grand.
Mike


---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Photos - Get your photo on the big screen in Times Square

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


96211 From: purple <purp8@c...>
Date: Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:19pm
Subject: RE: New vibe problem from todays CK run


I , too , had a great time on the Crown King run today . As always a great
group of people .
Hey Richard , look at your rear ( and front since you're under there )
driveline and make sure it doesn't show any signs of being hit or scraped
heavily which could cause it to be bent or out of balance . Check your
u-joints as well to make sure they weren't hit . We both hit a few times
today and I guess I just got lucky since all of the trail damage I got just
added new character , not new vibrations .
I'll look for those articles to send you as well .
Good luck and keep us posted ,
Purple .

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Conner [mailto:richardconner@q...]
Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2003 8:59 PM
To: AzVJC
Subject: [az_vjc] New vibe problem from todays CK run


I had a great time today on the Crown King run.........

No problems on the trail. But when I got on the freeway I had a new bad
vibration at all speeds over 45 MPH. The vibe stays constant even with
the clutch depressed. After airing up the tires I did a flashlight
visual inspection and found no problems that I could see. The u-joints
feel tight, no indications that I hit the drive shaft. I did take a
good hit on the drivers side of the skid plate but its only scratched
and not mangled.

I am running a 02 TJ with a 6 cyl. 4.0, 5 speed trannie, into NP231,
Lifted with a RE 7003 3.5 inch lift kit with adjustable upper rear
control arms and a transfer case drop and no SYE yet, on 33 inch tires.

Could I have misaligned the trannie somehow when I hit the Skid plate ?
Do the transfer case drop kits from RE allow the trannie to shift with
light hits on the skid plate ?
Everything underneath looks okay visually, are there any measurements I
can take to verify drive shaft/trannie alignment?
Any other ideas?????


Wonder how fast I can get an SYE from groupbuy.......

Any ideas are appreciated
Rick Conner







Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/


96212 From: Fred Wilson <fredtj@c...>
Date: Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:04pm
Subject: Re: vibe problem


I'ld bet it's because your rear driveline angles are off too much.
Depending on who's lift (which brand) you installed, you more than
likely gained more than 4" from it.
That's just too much lift for a xfer case to properly handle.
Most everyone requires a SYE and double cardon driveshaft, along with at
least one set of adjust arms for the rear
to adjust the pinion angle with.


Fred


Eric Marcus wrote:

>Hey guys I just got done lifting yesterday 4" lift with new lower
>control arms and a 1" transfer case drop, but now I have a vibe at 55mph
>and higher, and suggestions?? I had the idea to get the shaft
>lengthened?? Who does it and how much?? Or any other ideas?? Please
>help.
>
>Thanks for everyones help already its so nice to know I have help a
>email away.
>
>
>Eric Marcus
>
>
>
>[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
>
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>To visit your group on the web, go to:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/
>
>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>
>
>
>


96213 From: purple <purp8@c...>
Date: Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:27pm
Subject: RE: Rear LED light install question


Excellent point , Joey . Remember not only do you want to be legal to avoid
hassles , you also want to be seen .
I like those tiny oval shaped H-3 fog lights from AutoZone as back up lights
. I like them installed behind a hole in the rear bumper . Or , as I saw
today on the Crown King run , mounted right on top of the existing
taillights . Plus I've seen license plate frames with the light already
installed .
Get creative , it's your toy .
Purple .


-----Original Message-----
From: DesertJeep [mailto:joey@d...]
Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2003 5:43 PM
To: 'djjohnstone85296'; az_vjc@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [az_vjc] Rear LED light install question


Something also to consider is make sure the lights have reflective
capability. If not you will have to add some reflective material to the rear
of the Jeep.


Joey K
http://www.desertjeep.com
93YJ


-----Original Message-----
From: djjohnstone85296 [mailto:djohnstone@d...]
Sent: Saturday, December 27, 2003 2:07 PM
To: az_vjc@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [az_vjc] Rear LED light install question

I'm getting ready to install my rear LED lights, and was wondering what kind
of back-up and license plate lights did those of you who did this, suggest.




Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/





Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/


96214 From: <rokkcrawler@a...>
Date: Sun Dec 28, 2003 4:16pm
Subject: (WANTED) Sill looking for a Jeep TF727 auto tranny in ANY condition


Still looking anyone have one out there even if it doesnt work ?????

Someone wrote me and I lost the mail that they had a 999 or 904......write me
back please.

Thanks


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


96215 From: aztjdriver <aztjdriver@y...>
Date: Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:00am
Subject: Re: New vibe problem from todays CK run


Are you sure the vibe is coming from the rear? When I was running
that setup with my stock steering I would get vibrations from
bent/loose trackbars and or bent tie rods all the time that started
at around 45-50 MPH and seemed like the whole vehicle was shaking.

--- In az_vjc@yahoogroups.com, "purple" <purp8@c...> wrote:
> I , too , had a great time on the Crown King run today . As always
a great
> group of people .
> Hey Richard , look at your rear ( and front since you're under
there )
> driveline and make sure it doesn't show any signs of being hit or
scraped
> heavily which could cause it to be bent or out of balance . Check
your
> u-joints as well to make sure they weren't hit . We both hit a few
times
> today and I guess I just got lucky since all of the trail damage I
got just
> added new character , not new vibrations .
> I'll look for those articles to send you as well .
> Good luck and keep us posted ,
> Purple .
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Richard Conner [mailto:richardconner@q...]
> Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2003 8:59 PM
> To: AzVJC
> Subject: [az_vjc] New vibe problem from todays CK run
>
>
> I had a great time today on the Crown King run.........
>
> No problems on the trail. But when I got on the freeway I had a new
bad
> vibration at all speeds over 45 MPH. The vibe stays constant even
with
> the clutch depressed. After airing up the tires I did a flashlight
> visual inspection and found no problems that I could see. The u-
joints
> feel tight, no indications that I hit the drive shaft. I did take a
> good hit on the drivers side of the skid plate but its only
scratched
> and not mangled.
>
> I am running a 02 TJ with a 6 cyl. 4.0, 5 speed trannie, into NP231,
> Lifted with a RE 7003 3.5 inch lift kit with adjustable upper rear
> control arms and a transfer case drop and no SYE yet, on 33 inch
tires.
>
> Could I have misaligned the trannie somehow when I hit the Skid
plate ?
> Do the transfer case drop kits from RE allow the trannie to shift
with
> light hits on the skid plate ?
> Everything underneath looks okay visually, are there any
measurements I
> can take to verify drive shaft/trannie alignment?
> Any other ideas?????
>
>
> Wonder how fast I can get an SYE from groupbuy.......
>
> Any ideas are appreciated
> Rick Conner
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
> To visit your group on the web, go to:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/


96216 From: Stu Olson <solson8@q...>
Date: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:27am
Subject: RE: vibe problem


More than likely, your rear drive shaft is giving you the vibrations.
Almost guaranteed when doing a 4" lift. Most folks go with a double
cardan rear drive shaft and a SYE on the t-case to dial in their pinion
angle and eliminate the vibrations.

Stu


Stu Olson
www.stu-offroad.com


-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Marcus [mailto:3timejeepin@c...]
Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2003 9:19 PM
To: az_vjc@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [az_vjc] vibe problem

Hey guys I just got done lifting yesterday 4" lift with new lower
control arms and a 1" transfer case drop, but now I have a vibe at 55mph
and higher, and suggestions?? I had the idea to get the shaft
lengthened?? Who does it and how much?? Or any other ideas?? Please
help.

Thanks for everyones help already its so nice to know I have help a
email away.


Eric Marcus



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]




Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/


96217 From: Siade, Randy <randy.siade@u...>
Date: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:15am
Subject: RE: Can a crack be welded in a factory alloy wheel ????


You can take it to a wheel repair shop and they can fix it for you. I had an alloy wheel repaired several years ago by a place in Mesa. Can't remember the name right now but what had happened was I had a blow out on my Suburban while towing my boat home from the lake. The wheel hit the road at about 65mph and took out a 2" x 5" chunk of aluminum out of the wheel. I took it in to this repair shop and when I got it back you could not tell where the damage was.

-----Original Message-----
From: rokkcrawler@a... [mailto:rokkcrawler@a...]
Sent: Thursday, December 25, 2003 5:14 PM
To: az_vjc@YahooGroups.com
Subject: [az_vjc] Can a crack be welded in a factory alloy wheel ????


Ok Jeep fans here is a new question, I think. One of my factory alloy
wheels has a crack in it where the vertical part of the rim that the tire bead
sits on and the horizontal part that goes from side to side or bead to bead.
The crack is about 4" long.......I only use this wheel for a spare and dont
have a problem using it with a tube but I think that even though there are no
major forces pushing against the crack (like if it were a spoke that was
cracked) I would still feel better if it were welded......again this is only for a
spare not a full time wheel..........

If it can be welded can anyone point me in the right direction of someone who
can do this.......

THANKS !


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]




Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/


96218 From: Siade, Randy <randy.siade@u...>
Date: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:20am
Subject: RE: the tranny torsion arm on a cj7


The bushings are not suppose to be tight. The bolt that holds them to the cross member is a shoulder bolt so you can only tight it tot he shoulder any way. I would not think you vibration would be coming from that anyway. That bushing set is used to control radial torque.

-----Original Message-----
From: ldstruckn [mailto:ldstruckn@h...]
Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 2:33 PM
To: az_vjc@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [az_vjc] the tranny torsion arm on a cj7


its an 82 cj7 with t4 and dana 300. The torsion arm is the metal
peice that comes off the top of the tranny mount toward the driver's
side and has a bolt going through it with some bushings on it. My ?
is how tight are the bushings supposed to be? My jeep is vibrating
and mine are not very tight.




Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/


96219 From: Linda <minihummer@w...>
Date: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:54am
Subject: Re: AZ laws for rockcrawler on pavement?


You are better off contacting the DMV directly about what they want.

When I bought my '66 W200 Powerwagon (came from California) a couple
of years ago, the only thing the DMV was interested in was the VIN
tag. The truck had 35x12.50 MTs and no mudflaps, but the blinkers,
brake lights and glass were intact. I bought mud flaps for it but
never installed them.

In Arizona, light trucks must be fitted with mud flaps if the tire
size is no longer the original size. The rule does not include
station wagons or SUVs, though it should.

Linda
54 wagon


--- In az_vjc@yahoogroups.com, "lrgclg2003" <lrgclg@a...> wrote:
>
> I'm new to Arizona and this area. What are the requirements for my
> 50'Willys truck on the pavement? She has a cab and front clip, 83"
> tall, doors, turn signals front and rear, tubed frame behind the
cab,
> external roll cage,swamper SX 38.5x14x16.5 humvee rims w/runflats,
> dana 60 front waggy springs hydro assist, 14 bolt ff coil spring
> rear, front fenders only.
> Got some other stuff on it but what laws are there to register &
> license my crawler? Are there mudflap,fender,front or rear
> lights,windshield wiper, types of a law or what. I would like to
only
> make one trip to the DMV.


96220 From: richardconner2003 <richardconner2003@y...>
Date: Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:54am
Subject: Re: New vibe problem from todays CK run


Okay,
It looks like the front drive shaft took the hit before the skid
plate, The front drive shaft is caved and gouged a little. I haven't
watched it rotate but I'm assuming its bent. Found no wheel weight
marks from removed wheel weights..

Where/who is the best place to get the drive shaft Repaired or replaced. ?
I am going to pull it . It looks like I may be able to remove the
transfer case end of the drive shaft from the back (with the skid
plate on). Can this be done with out removing the skid plate. ?

Seems like a used driveshaft may work here anyone have one they want
to sell ?


Rick Conner


--- In az_vjc@yahoogroups.com, "Matt OBrien" <makaioo@y...> wrote:
> You likely just knocked one or more balancing weights off one or both
> front wheels. Very common when wheeling and the symptoms match what
> you described. Check your rims (inside and out) for noticeable areas
> where a weight may have been but no longer exists. Go have your
> wheels balanced and see if it helps.
>
> Matt
> K7MTO
>
> --- In az_vjc@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Conner" <richardconner@q...>
> wrote:
> > I had a great time today on the Crown King run.........
> >
> > No problems on the trail. But when I got on the freeway I had a new
> bad
> > vibration at all speeds over 45 MPH. The vibe stays constant even
> with
> > the clutch depressed. After airing up the tires I did a flashlight
> > visual inspection and found no problems that I could see. The u-
> joints
> > feel tight, no indications that I hit the drive shaft. I did take
> a
> > good hit on the drivers side of the skid plate but its only
> scratched
> > and not mangled.
> >
> > I am running a 02 TJ with a 6 cyl. 4.0, 5 speed trannie, into
> NP231,
> > Lifted with a RE 7003 3.5 inch lift kit with adjustable upper rear
> > control arms and a transfer case drop and no SYE yet, on 33 inch
> tires.
> >
> > Could I have misaligned the trannie somehow when I hit the Skid
> plate ?
> > Do the transfer case drop kits from RE allow the trannie to shift
> with
> > light hits on the skid plate ?
> > Everything underneath looks okay visually, are there any
> measurements I
> > can take to verify drive shaft/trannie alignment?
> > Any other ideas?????


96221 From: Fred Wilson <fredtj@c...>
Date: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:16am
Subject: Re: Re: New vibe problem from todays CK run


Yes, you can disconnect the front driveshaft without removing the xfer
case skid... Have done it a bunch of times.
Why don't you go on and pull the front driveshaft, then drive it and see
if the vibs are gone, thus confirming
that the vibs are, or aren't, coming from the driveshaft, before you
replace it with a new/used/rebuilt one.



Fred


richardconner2003 wrote:

>Okay,
> It looks like the front drive shaft took the hit before the skid
>plate, The front drive shaft is caved and gouged a little. I haven't
>watched it rotate but I'm assuming its bent. Found no wheel weight
>marks from removed wheel weights..
>
>Where/who is the best place to get the drive shaft Repaired or replaced. ?
>I am going to pull it . It looks like I may be able to remove the
>transfer case end of the drive shaft from the back (with the skid
>plate on). Can this be done with out removing the skid plate. ?
>
>Seems like a used driveshaft may work here anyone have one they want
>to sell ?
>
>
>Rick Conner
>
>
>--- In az_vjc@yahoogroups.com, "Matt OBrien" <makaioo@y...> wrote:
>
>
>>You likely just knocked one or more balancing weights off one or both
>>front wheels. Very common when wheeling and the symptoms match what
>>you described. Check your rims (inside and out) for noticeable areas
>>where a weight may have been but no longer exists. Go have your
>>wheels balanced and see if it helps.
>>
>>Matt
>>K7MTO
>>
>>--- In az_vjc@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Conner" <richardconner@q...>
>>wrote:
>>
>>
>>>I had a great time today on the Crown King run.........
>>>
>>>No problems on the trail. But when I got on the freeway I had a new
>>>
>>>
>>bad
>>
>>
>>>vibration at all speeds over 45 MPH. The vibe stays constant even
>>>
>>>
>>with
>>
>>
>>>the clutch depressed. After airing up the tires I did a flashlight
>>>visual inspection and found no problems that I could see. The u-
>>>
>>>
>>joints
>>
>>
>>>feel tight, no indications that I hit the drive shaft. I did take
>>>
>>>
>>a
>>
>>
>>>good hit on the drivers side of the skid plate but its only
>>>
>>>
>>scratched
>>
>>
>>>and not mangled.
>>>
>>>I am running a 02 TJ with a 6 cyl. 4.0, 5 speed trannie, into
>>>
>>>
>>NP231,
>>
>>
>>>Lifted with a RE 7003 3.5 inch lift kit with adjustable upper rear
>>>control arms and a transfer case drop and no SYE yet, on 33 inch
>>>
>>>
>>tires.
>>
>>
>>>Could I have misaligned the trannie somehow when I hit the Skid
>>>
>>>
>>plate ?
>>
>>
>>>Do the transfer case drop kits from RE allow the trannie to shift
>>>
>>>
>>with
>>
>>
>>>light hits on the skid plate ?
>>>Everything underneath looks okay visually, are there any
>>>
>>>
>>measurements I
>>
>>
>>>can take to verify drive shaft/trannie alignment?
>>>Any other ideas?????
>>>
>>>
>
>
>
>
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>To visit your group on the web, go to:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/az_vjc/
>
>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> az_vjc-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>
>
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


96222 From: <onebdjeep@c...>
Date: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:26am
Subject: Soft upper door repl - sliders.


Hey all! My brother in law's vinyl window snapped in half this morning when he went through a drive thru. He unzipped the window and bent it over and *SNAP* right in half.

He is looking around for some sliders to fit his 97 TJ. Anyone know the best place to get them? Vendors welcome to reply as well!

Thx!

Sean Speer
97 Stock TJ
Mods are soon to come!
"Don't squat with yer spurs on!"


96223 From: Allan <ag***a2@c...>
Date: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:44am
Subject: Re: Soft uppers Replacement


If you go on ebay item # 2450917203 these are upper sliders for TJ
that are sold here locally. You might want to call Desert Rat first
and see what they get for them as they usually have them in their
wharehouse in Tucson and can get them in two days. The ones on Ebay
seems like a fair price compared to the magazines plus then you have
to pay shipping. The ebay seller will probably let you pick them up
locally. Otherwise there are alot of upolstery shops that can put new
windows and zippers in cheaper.

Allan
95 YJ


96224 From: <rokkcrawler@a...>
Date: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:03am
Subject: Re: Soft upper door repl - sliders.


I had a set of sliders and I hated them..........they really banged in the
wind especially on the highway and they really didnt offer much better theft
protection or deterrant than the zip up ones. One more thing, if he uses the
drive up windows much, he will hat them all the more as it is hard to get things
in and out from the drivers seat because they only slide open 1/2 or a little
less than half way.


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]