Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Stage 2

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Fountain Hills
    Posts
    770

    Stage 2

    Well it,s about time I go to THE BIG BORE FOR MY DUCE. Should be right around 100 HP after the dyno tuning. That,s 28 more horsepower over stock. and lot lot more torque. Not that any one gives a ?hit , It,s just that when I go off the curve I WILL GO FARTHER than a stock bike.
    NONE

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Avondale
    Posts
    21

    Re: Stage 2

    do u mean 103? What intake r u using and exhaust what r u using to manage fuel/air ratio or is it carbd?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Fountain Hills
    Posts
    770

    Re: Stage 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe What View Post
    do u mean 103? What intake r u using and exhaust what r u using to manage fuel/air ratio or is it carbd?
    IT,s carb makes it easy .. If it was fuel injet it would cost $$$ more

    ITS a 95 cubic in
    NONE

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Peoria
    Posts
    4,101

    Re: Stage 2

    joe,
    i don't know what it costs to upgrade to the screamin' eagle 95 inch kit but i bought my road king with it. the guys with the fi twin cam 88's are getting close to 50mpg, so they say. i get about 33 mpg on my road king with the 95 inch kit and carb. i can't tell the difference in performance from a stock 99+ road king other than i have a little more low end grunt. i would much rather have fi and get better mileage, and not have my carb chit out at 7000 ft.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fountain Hills
    Posts
    204

    Re: Stage 2

    I have been looking at building the following...

    Simple head port with 1.95 intake, 1.60 exhaust valves. 510 lift cam with 240 degrees duration. Bore jugs to 95". The 1.95 intake will flow more air so you will not need as much cam lift. This mild build should let me get by with the stock 45mm throttle body.

    Our bikes are both Fuel Inj. Mine is an '04, 88" with a fuel box (DFO) and I am getting right around 40 to 43mpg all depending on the twist of the wrist. the Wide Glide is an '05, no box, the pipes kept it rich enough... and its getting maybe two or three more miles per gallon than I am getting.

    Dave

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Buckeye Arizona
    Posts
    1,711

    Re: Stage 2

    Ive been eyeballin a turbo set up...but I digress....
    "You just find what you love and you do it to death.That’s it. People looking for, searching for the secret of life, that’s it. That’s all there is." Zaak Wylde

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chandler
    Posts
    1,082

    Re: Stage 2

    yep.... you'll definitely get more airtime on that one.
    That's gonna explode fer sure!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Fountain Hills
    Posts
    770

    Re: Stage 2

    The last thing I could care about is the gas mpg and cost..Now I get 50 mpg .
    After break in 500 miles will get it dyno tuning. I still have my old dyno sheet.

    Time to eat
    NONE

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mesa
    Posts
    269

    Re: Stage 2

    I need to ride with you, ran Sunflower with you years back, would be cool to ride as well. Problem is, never in town!

    Your kit sounds like fun! You guys probably think it's a crotch rocket ( I don't care either way), but I've got a Bandit 1200 with some goodies on it. Plan on an intake cam early this year, hoping to get a big bore kit on it as well later on. Crossing my fingers for 140ish hp, we'll have to see.

    James

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Fountain Hills
    Posts
    770

    Re: Stage 2

    Quote Originally Posted by vwkaferman View Post
    I need to ride with you, ran Sunflower with you years back, would be cool to ride as well. Problem is, never in town!

    Your kit sounds like fun! You guys probably think it's a crotch rocket ( I don't care either way), but I've got a Bandit 1200 with some goodies on it. Plan on an intake cam early this year, hoping to get a big bore kit on it as well later on. Crossing my fingers for 140ish hp, we'll have to see.

    James
    James are you off week days or only week ends. Thinking of a short run on thursday. Fountain Hills to tortilla flats.Or any one else wants to go.
    NONE

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In a giant sand box 28°54'N 48°11'E
    Posts
    544

    Re: Stage 2

    I would love to if my wife whom I like to refer to as satan would buy off on me getting another bike
    The Ben
    amber.hodge's BETTER half
    SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES,

    THEY'RE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING,

    BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN THE STAIRS.


    RIP Kevin Skii4x4 Rothman

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East
    Posts
    6,821
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Stage 2


    Ben verified he was spelling Satan right and I asked him "why, are you telling people I'm Satan again because I won't let you get a bike"......LOL

    See - wives know everything!!!
    Rest Peacefully, Joe "SamDog" EglerWe Love You.~the Hodge fam

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Fountain Hills
    Posts
    770

    Re: Stage 2

    Quote Originally Posted by amber.hodge View Post

    Ben verified he was spelling Satan right and I asked him "why, are you telling people I'm Satan again because I won't let you get a bike"......LOL

    See - wives know everything!!!
    YOU ARE SO SWEET, MISS SATAN
    NONE

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mesa
    Posts
    269

    Re: Stage 2

    I'm off weekends, when I'm home. I'm having fun in the cold and rain over in Maryland, over the weekend flying to Massachusetts, back home middle of next week but have to work during.

    One of these days! I know I said it before, careful on that road. It's horrible all the way up to Tortilla flat. Ran it a few weekends ago, SEVERAL times both tires slipped out about 6 inches because of gravel, EVERYWHERE.

    Have fun!

    James

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Fountain Hills
    Posts
    770

    Re: Stage 2

    Quote Originally Posted by chopped7 View Post
    joe,
    i don't know what it costs to upgrade to the screamin' eagle 95 inch kit but i bought my road king with it. the guys with the fi twin cam 88's are getting close to 50mpg, so they say. i get about 33 mpg on my road king with the 95 inch kit and carb. i can't tell the difference in performance from a stock 99+ road king other than i have a little more low end grunt. i would much rather have fi and get better mileage, and not have my carb chit out at 7000 ft.
    I have never had any carb problems . This will be my 3 bike in az . no problems with any of them.
    NONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Butterfield Stage Route (1.5)
    By schneiderdn in forum Pleasure/Stock Trails (Street - 2.5)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-15-2008, 03:42 PM
  2. New Az Trail Write Up - Butterfield Stage Route
    By Lifes A Jeep in forum Pleasure/Stock runs (Street - 2.0)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-05-2008, 08:46 AM
  3. Butterfield Stage Pass Loop - Sonoran Desert Preserve - Today
    By AzCoyote in forum Pleasure/Stock runs (Street - 2.0)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-22-2007, 12:48 PM
  4. Yahoo Messages: 57377-57401
    By blooddrive in forum Virtual Jeep Club Email Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2004, 08:05 PM
  5. Yahoo Messages: 55777-55801
    By blooddrive in forum Virtual Jeep Club Email Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2004, 12:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •