Thread: how to find out if dirt bike is stolen

Stumblin' thru the parking lot of an invisible 7-Eleven

how to find out if dirt bike is stolen

im looking to get a dirt bike off a guy from cl with no registration has a bill of sale. I want to run the vin was told by the police dept that i have to have the bike there to do it which didnt seem right is there any other way does game and fish deal with this or what if not who any help will be nice
    FOR POOL SERVICE AND REPAIR
    480-532-0542

Re: how to find out if dirt bike is stolen

Just ask to have a officer meet you there hahaha

I would think if the guy is legit he would allow you to bring the bike to the local pd and have it checked.

gl
    Adam

Call another police department - ma ybe you'll get somebody that will actually try to help you.

Ask for the title. It should have a title and registration. If money is still owed from original sale then the lien holder might have the title. If he says it's lost also then be cautious...and then file for abandoned title. The owner will be sent a notice and have 30 days to respond. If no response the bike will become yours.

Also try this:
    http://theftaz.azag.gov/
    It works for cars and trucks - not sure about dirt bikes.
    White '94 ZJ on 33's
    Arizona 4x4 Off Road Recovery (602) 697-8306

Call DMV.

Be cautious, but dont be paranoid about it either. Lots of off-road atv's and cycles change hands without a title/regestration. It would greatly depend on the year of the bike. My TRX250r is 21 yrs. old and I have moved so many times since then the title was lost. If the bike is 2000 or newer I would tread lightly. I also had a 1999 KLX 300r that i lost the title to(I think the ex took when I booted her)but I sold it with a bill of sale. If you dont plan on riding on the street with it and staying and in the desert trails then the judgement call would be up to you. You can ask the seller for the vin and the dmv should be able to run it for you no charge. My lame a@@ 2 cents!!!!!

its a 2000 and the guy doesnt have the title but would give a bill of sale and the original bill of sale he got from his friend thanks for the input
    480-532-0542

From my experience, I would definately get the PD to run the numbers. I have tried before and sometimes its just a matter of finding the right officer that is kind enough. Maybe PM Hunter and see if he has any connections that can help out.

I only say because from what I have heard, a bill of sale will not hold up in court out here. It's not a legal document so you MAY still be held liable for possession of stolen property. Again thats just what I have heard so correct me if I am wrong!

Good luck!

Turtle

tell the guy youll drive him to the dmv and pay for the title, bonded title kinda of a pain, going through with it right now, applications, inspections, certified letters, then you have to go get a bond, wish I would have demannded a ttle before paying lot cheaper and easier, ive never had a problem with not having a title but I have heard of guy who could not show proof of ownership at the dunes for a bike he bought in az without a title and they impounded it, dont know if he ever got it back

by the, I am lovin the lift I bought from you a while back

cool glad it worked out for you you it is a decent little lift
    480-532-0542

Thread Information