Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I've been riding to work and enjoying it!

I've been riding to work and enjoying it!

I finally decided on a safe route to and from work (I return at about 10:00 every night) on my bicycle. It's about 10 miles each way. I'm really having fun, I'm saving money and staying in shape. I used to bike alot in high school, feels good to get back on the bike.

Re: I've been riding to work and enjoying it!

ive been contemplating this. im in FH and its downhill one way..Uphill the other. 19.2 miles to work. i get out AT 1030 though so id be home much later. Wife might not liek that.
    "If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams

I wish I could but I'd get run down on 59th ave.
    Tom

I used to. Heck, it's only 2.5 miles for me. But I had cars swerving into the bike lane at me to mess with me on the way home. (Guess they had a bad day and had to scare the B-jeezus out of someone to make them feel good about themselves.) When it happened twice in one week, I started using the backroads. Even more dangerous; too many drivers think STOP signs are optional. Gave it up and stick to the dirt trails now. I can enjoy my ride and not have to lookout for all the motorists who aren't looking out.

Ron

Blog Entries

I saw this thread title and Queen popped into my head "I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bicycle"...

I wish we lived that close to work that an alternate mode of transportation like that was possible. Very cool that you are doing this for commuting!
    Rest Peacefully, Joe "SamDog" EglerWe Love You.~the Hodge fam

Blog Entries

I've had my new bike out a couple of days this week, just around the circle in Pebble creek. Here, all you have to worry about is golf carts, and I can outrun them.
    I used to ride to work in Phx. Quit after an incident with a city bus. It's not safe to ride anywhere on public streets in the city.
    05 Rubi., "HYJAK" 5.5" RK X-factor long arm lift, 37" Pro Comp Xterrains, Walker Evans 17" BL, ARB lockers,4:88 gears with alloy axles, 9.5 ti Warn winch. Monkeybars custom roll cage.

heck its barely safe to drive on those city streets....
    Brad B. 2014 FLAME RED JKU SPORT
    KE7SAJ To those who have served THANK YOU.

Blog Entries

wish I could ride to work but its 23 miles one way. Im spending $500 a month on gas on the commute alone

Quote Originally Posted by offroadaz View Post
    wish I could ride to work but its 23 miles one way. Im spending $500 a month on gas on the commute alone
    moped
    Click me click me!> http://flagada.mybrute.com

Quote Originally Posted by SHNIPE View Post
    ive been contemplating this. im in FH and its downhill one way..Uphill the other. 19.2 miles to work. i get out AT 1030 though so id be home much later. Wife might not liek that.
    I just recently bought a bike off of Craigslist for just this type of ride, it is a 6 speed cruiser with a 50cc motor on it. Check out www.motoredbikes.com or www.spookytoothcycles.com for info on these types of bikes. I ride 20 miles each day, some of you out in surprise may have seen me on Litchfield road around 5 am.

Yeller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oldyeller View Post
    I just recently bought a bike off of Craigslist for just this type of ride, it is a 6 speed cruiser with a 50cc motor on it. Check out www.motoredbikes.com or www.spookytoothcycles.com for info on these types of bikes. I ride 20 miles each day, some of you out in surprise may have seen me on Litchfield road around 5 am.

Yeller
    hmm those look nice, wonder if I can get the motor to fit on my existing bike?

Yep. I have been honked at and shouted at while I'm riding - I'm thinking of taking my air horn (can with pressurized air and a horn on top) to honk back at motorists. Although I don't want to incite road rage lol

Right now, I'm riding my brother's Trek mountain bike. It's 24 speed, and with the tires pumped to 65 psi, I can cruise 15 - 18 mph. Depending upon wind, of course - from 11 mph to 20 mph, depending upon headwind or tailwind lol

I rode my tricycle about 14 miles to work and back for a while. Makes it difficult to dress nice for work, but it is a good feeling to ride to work.

I started riding this spring before it got hot. I bought a killer cannondale for $10 at a garage sale. I don't think the guy had any idea what he had. $90 later and it was back on the road, (bike used is worth around $500) I figured out that it paid for itself in gas after 10 trips to work and back. And the coolest part is I can use the bike trail next to the canal though Glendale to the stadium before I have to get on the road for only 1.5 miles! Its too hot now and I work in close quarters with professionals so I can't really show up all sweaty and smelly for work.
    But it does feel good to ride again!
    Be safe out there all you riders.
    My license plate says LOSTMAN, it is short for lost maniac, sometimes I'm lost sometimes I'm a maniac. But when these two things happen at the same time look out world!

I ride to work somedays if its not too hot I plan to prolly all fall and winter ...... it does feel nice when you get home and you felt like you got where you wanted to go and got some exercise ........

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information