Thread: So picked up the Weekend Warrior

So picked up the Weekend Warrior

A buddy of mine asked to borrow my Rhino for this weekend to go down to Rocky Point with some friends with Rhinos. Anyway I calculated the last time I had my junk running and it was 16.5 months. Went to hook up the trailer and of course the golf cart batteries in the trailer were pretty flat. Luckily I thought about a jump box so I wouldn't have to hook the truck up via the trailer wiring and wait to get some juice into them. I sure as heck knew the genset wouldn't start. I drove home carefully since I tend to blow tires and that's when my trailer *isn't* sitting for over a year.

Got it home and first to unload was the Raptor. Of course the battery was so shot it didn't even click. Hooked the jump box up to it and in about3-4 minutes it finally started. Of course it won't idle for crap and the header started glowing red.... that of course means the pilot jet is clogged and needs replacing (or a bit of patience with a needle).

Next was the Rhino's turn. It's a cold pig even if it's sat a day let alone over a year. At this point the starter box was getting pretty flat. It just wouldn't fire. I pulled out the extension cord and put my battery charger on the higher of the two settings and let it sit for about 10 mins... still no dice (didn't think that was going to work)....I pulled the Jeep out of the garage and hooked up the jumper cables and now with plenty of juice still not even close to firing.

I decide to give the Banshee a try. Put on full choke (don't have to worry about flat batteries since of course it doesnt have one)... 3 kicks and it caught... couldn't quite reach the choke in time so it sputtered out. Putt the choke on half, one kick it fired up... gave it a couple revs to clean out the plugs, turned the choke off and it came to a perfect idle. Of couse. The Banshee always runs no matter what.... it's one of the most reliable pieces of machinery I've ever owned.

Back to the Rhino... removed 1 of the 2 baffle things that are right before the carb... reached for some carb cleaner and that did the trick. Hit it a couple more times and it came to a nice idle. I then used it to tow the Raptor into the garage (with my wife riding). Oh, the fun. I hope my buddy appreciates this.

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by djui5 View Post
    I'm an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Green Jeep View Post
    I have no clue...

Re: So picked up the Weekend Warrior

i know this great guy to take care of those bikes for ya
    I use AC. I also look really hawt in a mini skirt and f me heels.
    Quote Originally Posted by 85 flopped View Post
    4.0 is to cherokee like mustache is to child molester

You poor thing I feel sorry for you.

Kyle

Stumblin' thru the parking lot of an invisible 7-Eleven

hahahaahhaha
    FOR POOL SERVICE AND REPAIR
    480-532-0542

ever been thankful for whatcha got..??
    Brad B. 2014 FLAME RED JKU SPORT
    KE7SAJ To those who have served THANK YOU.

Blog Entries

I wish I had your problems Mike!!

Jason
    2015 Jeep JK Baja Yellow
    Dual Sport 106

So let me know when they are ready to go and I'll swing by pick them up.....
    JPCooler - The only Cooler made for your Jeep!
    www.jpcooler.com

Well, I'll sympathize with ya, I have felt that pain to many times!! 4 quads, 3 generators, a slide in camper, 5th wheel camper, off road tent camper, jeep, 2 trucks ans Sami.....then three of the four kids have cars...one has 2.......something is always broke and needing worked on.....o, and 2 utility trailers and a flatbed hauler........lots of bearing to keep greesed.....
    USAF Retired
    http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/387459_2669080170774_1369170446_33067098_429933240  _n.jpg

O, I have a gas powered compressor in the shop right now getting done....
    USAF Retired
    http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/387459_2669080170774_1369170446_33067098_429933240  _n.jpg

Don't you hate it when the toys don't work right?

Makes you want to go out and buy a new one. I can see AZLugz has had that problem a lot.

And here I am just trying to keep up with my neighbor, it's that damn plane he bought, hmmm, maybe a helicopter.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.......Mad Dog

Rich (at the Lake)

Those raptors are junk, you should get rid of it....Ill be happy to take it off your hands...

Quote Originally Posted by SquarEyd View Post
    Those raptors are junk, you should get rid of it....Ill be happy to take it off your hands...

I rode an Arctic cat thundercat today and it smoked the 700 raptor, not bad for a utility quad. does burn outs on the street, fastest production quad made
    it ought to be fast for $10,400.
    89yj d/60 axles, detroit lockers, 203/205 transfercase, LT1 motor, 44" boggers, H1 recentered double beadlocks, King coil overs.

Quote Originally Posted by mingoglia View Post
    A buddy of mine asked to borrow my Rhino for this weekend to go down to Rocky Point with some friends with Rhinos. Anyway I calculated the last time I had my junk running and it was 16.5 months. Went to hook up the trailer and of course the golf cart batteries in the trailer were pretty flat. Luckily I thought about a jump box so I wouldn't have to hook the truck up via the trailer wiring and wait to get some juice into them. I sure as heck knew the genset wouldn't start. I drove home carefully since I tend to blow tires and that's when my trailer *isn't* sitting for over a year.

Got it home and first to unload was the Raptor. Of course the battery was so shot it didn't even click. Hooked the jump box up to it and in about3-4 minutes it finally started. Of course it won't idle for crap and the header started glowing red.... that of course means the pilot jet is clogged and needs replacing (or a bit of patience with a needle).

Next was the Rhino's turn. It's a cold pig even if it's sat a day let alone over a year. At this point the starter box was getting pretty flat. It just wouldn't fire. I pulled out the extension cord and put my battery charger on the higher of the two settings and let it sit for about 10 mins... still no dice (didn't think that was going to work)....I pulled the Jeep out of the garage and hooked up the jumper cables and now with plenty of juice still not even close to firing.

I decide to give the Banshee a try. Put on full choke (don't have to worry about flat batteries since of course it doesnt have one)... 3 kicks and it caught... couldn't quite reach the choke in time so it sputtered out. Putt the choke on half, one kick it fired up... gave it a couple revs to clean out the plugs, turned the choke off and it came to a perfect idle. Of couse. The Banshee always runs no matter what.... it's one of the most reliable pieces of machinery I've ever owned.

Back to the Rhino... removed 1 of the 2 baffle things that are right before the carb... reached for some carb cleaner and that did the trick. Hit it a couple more times and it came to a nice idle. I then used it to tow the Raptor into the garage (with my wife riding). Oh, the fun. I hope my buddy appreciates this.

Mike
    Wow, a $5k nudey bar bill and now this....

And of course you use a fuel stabilizer, right???
    Last edited by Billy 4 hp; 04-03-2008 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy 4 hp View Post
    Wow, a $5k nudey bar bill and now this....

And of course you use a fuel stabilizer, right???
    Fuel stabilizer is for the weak. Every time I store stuff I never think about it.
    I'm an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Green Jeep View Post
    I have no clue...

Thread Information