View Poll Results: Do you carry with a round chambered or not?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • One in the pipe.

    114 82.61%
  • Not

    24 17.39%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 90

Thread: Poll - One in the pipe or not?

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Maricopa, AZ
    Posts
    1,015

    Re: Poll - One in the pipe or not?

    Well Kids, I guess that answers that!
    Thanks for playing.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    4,729

    Re: Poll - One in the pipe or not?

    11 in the clip n 1 in the pipe!
    We have another Jeep!

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Tucson, Az
    Posts
    1,229

    Re: Poll - One in the pipe or not?

    Always one in the chamber and if I'm carrying my .357 revolver there is one under the hammer.
    Jim

    LOWTECH 03-10-07


    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." –Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    8,184

    Re: Poll - One in the pipe or not?

    Being a woman who camps and explores with just my dogs for companions, I am always in-tune and well aware of my surroundings. I do not carry, chambered. However when out in the wilds, when I notice a vehicle in the distance, and heading my way, I do chamber a round, or strap on the revolver. I carry my 9mm with 2 clips, the clip that's in, the first 2 out are snake shot, cause that's the type of environment I'm in most of the time.

    I have to take the time to share a true story as to why I don't keep one chambered. A friend (Larry) has a military backround, (should know how to handle weapons). About 10 years ago, a group of us were camping, Larry had his wife and 3 year old daughter along. We were all sitting around the campfire, and Larry was cleaning his pistol, the clip was removed, well it went off, and the bullet just missed his daughter that was standing off to the side of him roasting a marshmellow. The gut wrenching feeling we all had, knowing how close he came to killing his own daughter, was enough to force me to take the pistol from his hand and throw it in the fire. No one, not even him had another word to say all night about what almost was.
    A gold miner is just a liar standing next to a hole in the ground.
    RIP Digger B. Trouble, Rilee the Weed and Kodiak Kid

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Edge
    Posts
    5,188

    Re: Poll - One in the pipe or not?

    Sad to say....that was just plain negligent on his part. Again, rule number 1....the gun is always loaded. If you're handling a gun in any other manner, you're being reckless. Never should one just drop the magazine and assume that there is no longer a threat of the gun firing. These rules are simple and basic handgun knowledge. If people don't familiarize themselves with these rules, they should not handle, let alone carry a gun.
    "The Edge...there is no honest way to explain it
    because the only people who really know where it is
    are the ones who have gone over."

    Hunter S Thompson

  6. #21

    Re: Poll - One in the pipe or not?

    .
    Last edited by BushDawg; 08-13-2008 at 01:18 PM.

  7. #22

    Re: Poll - One in the pipe or not?

    ALWAYS..!!! one in the chamber. If Im getting attacked I dont got time to jack it!
    Kelli ~ "I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy"
    A Girl and Her Mud Tires, Its a Beautiful Thing!
    I Love My Airman ~ Property of JeepTJ98

  8. #23
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    1,991

    Re: Poll - One in the pipe or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by AZdezertgirl View Post
    ALWAYS..!!! one in the chamber. If Im getting attacked I dont got time to jack it!
    Exactly no time to jack it?

    Yeah always one in the pipe. If you have time to c0ck it you have time to get the hell out of the situation and not use it.
    Last edited by sms1688; 01-11-2008 at 11:01 AM.
    AKA "THUNDERMONKEY"

    If we could just find out who's in charge, we could kill him.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Downtown
    Posts
    1,491

    Re: Poll - One in the pipe or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by sms1688 View Post
    Exactly no time to jack it?

    Yeah always one in the pipe. If you have time ti **** it. you have time to get the hell out of the situation and not use it.
    amen brutha

  10. #25

    Re: Poll - One in the pipe or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by sms1688 View Post
    Exactly no time to jack it?

    Yeah always one in the pipe. If you have time to c0ck it you have time to get the hell out of the situation and not use it.
    am i being corrected? haha



    jack it.. c0ck it... I think you are trying to start something! ...
    Kelli ~ "I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy"
    A Girl and Her Mud Tires, Its a Beautiful Thing!
    I Love My Airman ~ Property of JeepTJ98

  11. #26
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    1,991

    Re: Poll - One in the pipe or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by AZdezertgirl View Post
    am i being corrected? haha



    jack it.. c0ck it... I think you are trying to start something! ...

    I would never start something I am to young and innocent for something like that. But I had a valid point in there somewhere
    AKA "THUNDERMONKEY"

    If we could just find out who's in charge, we could kill him.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Friggin' Ohio
    Posts
    292

    Re: Poll - One in the pipe or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    I have to take the time to share a true story as to why I don't keep one chambered. A friend (Larry) has a military backround, (should know how to handle weapons). About 10 years ago, a group of us were camping, Larry had his wife and 3 year old daughter along. We were all sitting around the campfire, and Larry was cleaning his pistol, the clip was removed, well it went off, and the bullet just missed his daughter that was standing off to the side of him roasting a marshmellow. The gut wrenching feeling we all had, knowing how close he came to killing his own daughter, was enough to force me to take the pistol from his hand and throw it in the fire. No one, not even him had another word to say all night about what almost was.
    Wow. He should be banned from owning one again!

    Recently a local girl was killed when a family friend was handling a firearm in her home. She was maybe 19? Home from college for winter break. Terrible.

    I just can't believe people are still so dumb to handle a firearm without having the knowledge to do so safely.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    the 'Tukee
    Posts
    2,916

    Re: Poll - One in the pipe or not?

    How do you clean an autoloading pistol with the slide closed?
    Kenneth
    1998 TJ 4.0 MT

  14. #29
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    1,991

    Re: Poll - One in the pipe or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by KennethS View Post
    How do you clean an autoloading pistol with the slide closed?
    I dont understand how anyone can shot a pistol or revolver while cleaning it. First step unload the damn gun. Sorry ignorance in no excuse. These "accident" shootings are 100% the persons fault. Get some damn training before you handle a deadly weapon.
    AKA "THUNDERMONKEY"

    If we could just find out who's in charge, we could kill him.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    932

    Re: Poll - One in the pipe or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Being a woman who camps and explores with just my dogs for companions, I am always in-tune and well aware of my surroundings. I do not carry, chambered. However when out in the wilds, when I notice a vehicle in the distance, and heading my way, I do chamber a round, or strap on the revolver. I carry my 9mm with 2 clips, the clip that's in, the first 2 out are snake shot, cause that's the type of environment I'm in most of the time.

    I have to take the time to share a true story as to why I don't keep one chambered. A friend (Larry) has a military backround, (should know how to handle weapons). About 10 years ago, a group of us were camping, Larry had his wife and 3 year old daughter along. We were all sitting around the campfire, and Larry was cleaning his pistol, the clip was removed, well it went off, and the bullet just missed his daughter that was standing off to the side of him roasting a marshmellow. The gut wrenching feeling we all had, knowing how close he came to killing his own daughter, was enough to force me to take the pistol from his hand and throw it in the fire. No one, not even him had another word to say all night about what almost was.
    Your friend should not be allowed to handle a firearm it sounds like. However his negligent judgment should have nothing to do with keeping a round in the chamber, as long as you follow firearm safety rules.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Yahoo Messages: 96403-96427
    By blooddrive in forum Virtual Jeep Club Email Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2004, 05:47 AM
  2. Yahoo Messages: 71752-71776
    By blooddrive in forum Virtual Jeep Club Email Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-06-2004, 10:25 PM
  3. Yahoo Messages: 71727-71751
    By blooddrive in forum Virtual Jeep Club Email Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-06-2004, 10:24 PM
  4. Yahoo Messages: 68362-68387
    By blooddrive in forum Virtual Jeep Club Email Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-06-2004, 05:57 AM
  5. 2451-2475
    By blooddrive in forum Virtual Jeep Club Email Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-02-2004, 05:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •