4 2.99%
  • Cowboy action

2 1.49%
  • Other

19 14.18%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: #1 shooting gun

Re: #1 shooting gun

And always say "stop. You're scaring me. This isn't right." as you take steps backwards. That way everyone heard you say you didn't want any trouble. 75% of getting off the hook will rely on witnesses.

I have shot a lot of weapons over my life and my hands continually reach out for the Ruger 10/22. I am on my second one. My first one I shot it so much the bullets were coming out the end of the barrel sideways. In fact if i pulled the trigger twice really fast I could shoot them 2 at a time.

Finally broke down and bought a new one.

If we were to "Red Dawn" scenario and I could have only one shoulder arm I would have to decide between my 10/22 and my Bushmaster M4...albeit I would pick the M4 but that would be due to possible combat action.
    Last edited by SavageSun4x4; 02-09-2008 at 11:06 AM.
    Don

17 Oaks Ranch, Boerne, Texas

www.savagesun4x4.com

Quote Originally Posted by RandyT View Post
    M1 Garand - circa 1943 matching serial numbers
    Hmmm. I have a '51 model, and I thought the serial number was on the receiver only (is there one on the barrel also?), and all the other parts were stamped with the name of the manufacturer. Do you mean you have an "all Winhester/HR/Springfield" model?
    Last edited by KennethS; 01-09-2008 at 11:29 AM.
    Kenneth
    1998 TJ 4.0 MT

Quote Originally Posted by Stickbuddy View Post
    As you may be aware, in Arizona you cannot fire a warning shot. That being the case, if you find yourself in a situation and you want to keep it from escalating, I feel that a very strong message is sent by "racking a round". You're letting someone know that whoever they are dealing with has equally bad intentions and is capable of executing them (the "intentions"). Even if I had a round chambered (shotgun or pistol), I'd be inclined to rack a fresh one just to get the word out; that I was up, aware and ready. There is truly no mistaking the sound, even for "newbie" bad guys. With few, very few exceptions (like in combat, real military or police style combat), would you ever likely be called upon to pull and fire instantaneously. Keep your eyes peeled and follow the steps of awareness; there are, unfortunately, bad guys everywhere.
    With all due respect Bud...that logic is so full of holes it'll get you filled with 'em.
    I have no remorse for a person who is threatening my life, and thus would not hesitate to end the threat immediately. I'm not giving him any time to reconsider or get the drop on me. If I don't believe my life or the life of a loved one or friend to be in danger, the gun never comes out where anybody knows it exists.

And on a side note...
    You pull that gun out and rack it and DON'T fire it...you may well end up going to jail yourself.

To each his own I suppose, but as for me and my house, we will carry one in the pipe.
    "The Edge...there is no honest way to explain it
    because the only people who really know where it is
    are the ones who have gone over."

Hunter S Thompson

Sorry bro...this is UBSURD.

As you may be aware, in Arizona you cannot fire a warning shot. That being the case, if you find yourself in a situation and you want to keep it from escalating, I feel that a very strong message is sent by "racking a round". You're letting someone know that whoever they are dealing with has equally bad intentions and is capable of executing them (the "intentions"). Even if I had a round chambered (shotgun or pistol), I'd be inclined to rack a fresh one just to get the word out; that I was up, aware and ready. There is truly no mistaking the sound, even for "newbie" bad guys. With few, very few exceptions (like in combat, real military or police style combat), would you ever likely be called upon to pull and fire instantaneously. Keep your eyes peeled and follow the steps of awareness; there are, unfortunately, bad guys everywhere.
    Brad B. 2014 FLAME RED JKU SPORT
    KE7SAJ To those who have served THANK YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by KennethS View Post
    Hmmm. I have a '51 model, and I thought the serial number was on the receiver only (is there one on the barrel also?), and all the other parts were stamped with the name of the manufacturer. Do you mean you have an "all Winhester/HR/Springfield" model?
    Maybe I should have said numbers... Mine is a Springfield.

http://www.northcapepubs.com/m1gar.htm

"For instance, a receiver with the serial number 1,823,965 and a drawing number D28291-29 would have been manufactured at the Springfield National Armory between July and August 1944, in the serial range 1,765,200 to 1,900,000."

Garand with serial numbers... ahhhhhhmmmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by AZG23 View Post
    Did you put it up on the website..?? Id like to see it...
    Just put it there....

http://www.stu-offroad.com/temp/slowmotion2.wmv

very cool...thanks...I watched it a bunch of times...

Heres a little playin around...nothing too serious....

Quote Originally Posted by Bilt4Comfort View Post
    With all due respect Bud...that logic is so full of holes it'll get you filled with 'em.
    I have no remorse for a person who is threatening my life, and thus would not hesitate to end the threat immediately. I'm not giving him any time to reconsider or get the drop on me. If I don't believe my life or the life of a loved one or friend to be in danger, the gun never comes out where anybody knows it exists.

And on a side note...
    You pull that gun out and rack it and DON'T fire it...you may well end up going to jail yourself.

To each his own I suppose, but as for me and my house, we will carry one in the pipe.
    Okay cowboy, you win.

Sorry bro...this is UBSURD.
    Well, your spelling aside, it's not absurd, but I'm not going to pursue the discussion. You are entitled to your opinion, as I am mine.

Well, your spelling aside, it's not absurd, but I'm not going to pursue the discussion. You are entitled to your opinion, as I am mine.
    Thats my point...it's stupid...but as you say...you are entitled to your opinion as flawed as it may be.

You don't have to respond...but I will give you a few "food for thought" situations for you to consider.

- you are in a fight with an intruder in your home that has surprised you and unable to use 2 hands to get your weapon into play becasue you are fending him off.

- you are in your vehicle and a carjacker just stuck a knife in the window and you have grabbed his wrist....you need to deploy your weapon, but cant because you only have one hand.

- you have injured your strong hand in a "to the ground" fight and the BG pulls a gun...you can hardly pull your weapon let alone weakhand charge the weapon.

- you are startled awake by a noise and as you raise up to grab your weapon a BG is charging into your bedroom with a gun in hand...you have time to reach for the weapon...but no time to charge it and get it into play.

- you are standing in line at the bank, minding your own business when 2 armed BG's storm thru the door...you pull your weapon to charge it and are shot by the BG who's weapon is ready to go.

- you had a offroad accident and injured your weak hand and its in a cast.

Now...of course, these are what if's...and may never happen to you, or anyone else here for that matter...but these types of incidents "HAVE" happened. You can say "it wouldnt" happen that way, but you never know.

Most "typical" gun fights happen within seconds. If you do not TRAIN, your brain will go into freeze mode, and quite possibly you wont be able to perform that motor skill.

I know you dont want to continue the discussion..and you dont have to...just think about it........how effective would LEO be with an unchambered weapon.

have a good one...

Thats my point...it's stupid...but as you say...you are entitled to your opinion as flawed as it may be.

You don't have to respond...but I will give you a few "food for thought" situations for you to consider.

- you are in a fight with an intruder in your home that has surprised you and unable to use 2 hands to get your weapon into play becasue you are fending him off.

- you are in your vehicle and a carjacker just stuck a knife in the window and you have grabbed his wrist....you need to deploy your weapon, but cant because you only have one hand.

- you have injured your strong hand in a "to the ground" fight and the BG pulls a gun...you can hardly pull your weapon let alone weakhand charge the weapon.

- you are startled awake by a noise and as you raise up to grab your weapon a BG is charging into your bedroom with a gun in hand...you have time to reach for the weapon...but no time to charge it and get it into play.

- you are standing in line at the bank, minding your own business when 2 armed BG's storm thru the door...you pull your weapon to charge it and are shot by the BG who's weapon is ready to go.

- you had a offroad accident and injured your weak hand and its in a cast.

Now...of course, these are what if's...and may never happen to you, or anyone else here for that matter...but these types of incidents "HAVE" happened. You can say "it wouldnt" happen that way, but you never know.

Most "typical" gun fights happen within seconds. If you do not TRAIN, your brain will go into freeze mode, and quite possibly you wont be able to perform that motor skill.

I know you dont want to continue the discussion..and you dont have to...just think about it........how effective would LEO be with an unchambered weapon.

have a good one...

Dead right. Relying on the sound of a weapon being charged to send some kind of a "you'd better not!" message is ridiculous. If thats what you're depending on a weapon for, you shouldn't be carrying a weapon. I've been through a *****-ton of firearms training, a lot of which involved the immediate, close range use of handguns and at no time have I met an instructor or been given a set of circumstances where an uncharged weapon was either acceptable or desireable. There is no point in carrying a weapon for self defense if its not capable of providing self defense immediately. Charging a weapon after you've been confronted or placed in immediate danger will get you shot or attacked. Charging a weapon after the need is already apparent puts you behind the curve and is best reserved for the dramatic scenes in the movies or on tv like Pam Anderson.

But, if you really wanna carry like that, there's no law that says you can't. Go for it. I'll show up when the radio call goes out and call the fire dept in once I've secured your unfired weapon.
    www.Americansnipers.org
    "I don't think you understand: those boys shot my dog!"

Quote Originally Posted by Pac8541 View Post
    Dead right. Relying on the sound of a weapon being charged to send some kind of a "you'd better not!" message is ridiculous. If thats what you're depending on a weapon for, you shouldn't be carrying a weapon. I've been through a *****-ton of firearms training, a lot of which involved the immediate, close range use of handguns and at no time have I met an instructor or been given a set of circumstances where an uncharged weapon was either acceptable or desireable. There is no point in carrying a weapon for self defense if its not capable of providing self defense immediately. Charging a weapon after you've been confronted or placed in immediate danger will get you shot or attacked. Charging a weapon after the need is already apparent puts you behind the curve and is best reserved for the dramatic scenes in the movies or on tv like Pam Anderson.

But, if you really wanna carry like that, there's no law that says you can't. Go for it. I'll show up when the radio call goes out and call the fire dept in once I've secured your unfired weapon.

I love you MAN!!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information