Thread: Personal responsibility

Personal responsibility

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/28/ind...ash/index.html

This person is blaming the police for the death of his friends in an automobile accident. He apparently forgot that he was drinking underage, lost control of his car and since none were wearing a seatbelt, all were ejected from the vehicle. It is quite possible that the police didn't do a really diligent search. This was the middle of the night and in Indiana it is dark at that time of night. They could have been easily missed...not the first time that has happened. Interesting story.
    And if men are incapable of managing their own affairs, what explains the ability of a relatively small number of them to manage the lives of so many others?
    Mark Levin from The Liberty Amendments.

Re: Personal responsibility

Sad story indeed. No doubt they could have been missed. A person's body can get thrown quite far when it is ejected from a vehicle. SOmethign tells me, we will here more about this in the days ahead.
    "Evil will flourish when good men do nothing."

They aught to just throw that worthless POS in jail for manslaughter....Underage drinking and driving resulting in 2 deaths

USAF Retired
    http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/387459_2669080170774_1369170446_33067098_429933240  _n.jpg

Blog Entries

Ummmmm from what I read, the police weren't driving, the police didn't run him off the road, the police didn't shoot any of his buddies, the police didn't say "yeah, there are people out there but we gotta make a run to duncan doughnuts - screw 'em"

I see that someone put his friend's lives in his own drunken hands, and through that blatent disregard for their safety and welfare, killed them. I see that he should be held accountable and own up to this horrid thing he did instead of trying to project his well earned blame onto individuals who protect and serve and had little if anything to do with the deaths of these individuals.
    Rest Peacefully, Joe "SamDog" EglerWe Love You.~the Hodge fam

Of course the author of the story takes the side of the innocent african american kid instead of the evil police officers

How is this even news worthy? Cars don't go careening off the side of the road at decent speeds when the driver is sober, even if they blow a tire. Darwin's evolution working almost at its finest... but it missed 2 of them.
    Miles

Jeepless

Unfortunately depending on the laws of the particular state he might win.

There is something called contributory negligence.

In some states it is admissible in a civil suit and some not.

When I took a business law class there was a particular case I remember.

16 year old male working for a road construction crew. Asked if he could drive the bulldozer. Was told no, and under no circumstances to do so. At his age it was not even possible to get the license required to operate this heavy equipment. This was all explained to him.

During lunch the kid steals hot wires the bulldozer and rolls it injuring himself.

In court the road construction company lawyer was not allowewd to tell the jury that he broke the law by even driving it. He won his case because all the jury knew was he was at work and injured in a bulldozer accident.
    Tom Roberts, Certified Hyperbaric Registered Nurse and Jeep Nut
    53 Willys Pickup, 59 Willys Wagon, 83 Diesel 4x4 Suburban, 93 Bronco, 4x4 S-10.
    I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Kiwi is offline Your email is Bouncing! Update your email address!

according to what I read, the police said they told them there was no one else involved.

but yeah, drinking, driving, not wearing a seatbelt = a 10 million against the police!
    1986 Toyota FJ60 - OME 3in lift - 33x1250 tires :D

Sad to say but the state will probably settle out of court and pay him but he should be in jail for manslaughter

As always, looking for someone else to blame. The parents should be mad at the POS that wrecked the car. We won't find out if the cops searched or not....

Cops who are definietly to blame are the one's in Kings County that didn't bother to ping the missing guys wife who crashed in the rivine. If they did that on day 2 or 3 then she would not be in the drain like she is....
    Being on a forum does not make you elite.

Thread Information