Thread: Sierra Vista ???

1. Sierra Vista ???

I have a job offer there & was wondering if anyone could give me any input about the area? I was there for an interview last month but had little time to look around. How's the cost of homes,crime rate,local wheeling,night time distractions,etc.I have been searching the net for info but nothing is as good as the real life experiences of those who've been there or lived there.I'm a single guy who would buy a home after I made sure the job would work out.Thanks!
    Last edited by dirtgrip; 03-24-2007 at 08:22 PM.

xFallen Guest

Re: Sierra Vista ???

Head over to wheelingarizona.com and enquire there. A lot of the SV folks hang out on that board. Good folks.

Barry

twstdtj Guest

Sierrra Vista has a lot of retired folks living there. I am there every few weeks on business and it seems like a nice place. Pretty laid back and slow. They have most of the major convieniences and Tucson is about 70 miles away. The people as a whole seem very nice. Also lots of Army personell as Fort H is right outside of town.
    Last edited by twstdtj; 03-25-2007 at 11:17 AM.

GLEN REAMS Guest

used to go to fort hauchauka (sp please) about once a month for buisness and its a quite town stay away from the strip club pin ups and there pizza place there is really good haha sorry thats all i know about the town is food and strip clubs

I live in Tucson but I'm in Sierra Vista a couple of times a month on business. The main supporting factor of the town used to be Fort Huachuca but I think, with the influx of retirees, that is changing.

I'm not sure there is much of a "night life" there but can't say for sure. I know the cost of homes is escalating but is not anywhere near the cost of Phoenix homes.
    Jim

LOWTECH 03-10-07

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." –Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers

Blog Entries

I head down there a few times a year for our caving trips. Lots of caves in that area to explore. I think there are a few local vineyards in that area too?

Thread Information