Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Nissan may be getting an engine

The Nissan may be getting an engine

It all started at Taco Bell....I was paying at the drivethru and I thought all the nasty smoke was coming out from their kitchen then I realized the Nissan was a bong by itself and my lungs were denying oxygen...I hate killing brain cells this way
    ....so if it's unfixable I'll be doing a swap.....

I already started to do some research....

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/pts/215437751.html
    or this:
    http://phoenix.craigslist.org/pts/232289572.html
    Click me click me!> http://flagada.mybrute.com

Crawldit Guest

Re: The Nissan may be getting an engine

Oh come on Frenchie, it wasn't your engine. You were trying to cook dinner under the hood while you were driving around and burnt it

GLEN REAMS Guest

dont put money into that thing just go buy another jeep

SHNIPE Guest

why not a 4.3 chevy like D runs in his buggy theyre all over for relatively cheap. Saw one locally for sale on pirate

GLEN REAMS Guest

ya do something cool frenchy go big or go home and shnipe i thought you were banned? where are thos squeez pictures

SHNIPE Guest

my computer wont read my new card. gotta do it from work. I dont have too many but some decent ones. Im not banned till my petition vote for appealing my ban ends. That will decide my fate.

Quote Originally Posted by GLEN REAMS View Post
    ya do something cool frenchy go big or go home

That's why I haven't sold it...

So far if I'm able to fix the engine, it stays and will most likely be receiving the propane kit...when funds allow it I;m getting myself another DD so I can get around, then I'll take off the IFS, axles, transfer case (I'll sell those fo cheap)........I have little knowledge on axles compared to the jeep nerds on here but I'm thinking dana 60 front and 14bolt rear...but if I can find portal axles for about the same price heck why not....with an exo on truck, top weight(not including axles and tires) should be about 3000-3100 wet. My plan is to run on 42inchers at least for summer and being able to fit 44s for the winter,,,I love snow wheeling at the Cinders. (cutting as much sheet metal possible)>some people think that might be stupid but hell it would be fun anyway....Nissamazing

May the engine needs replacing I'll look for another 4banger for the lightweight, or a V8 and shoot for torque,,,,I saw a 4.0l with matching tranny for 300bucks on the site but that block is long....if I don't have to cut the fire wall to fit it great if I do oh well...
    Last edited by FrenchChili; 11-17-2006 at 01:07 AM.

What did you do tot he truck? You must have made it mad somehow. Those Nissians are hard to kill. Did you change the oil recently? That may have caused the problem. They work better with old nasty oil, I think I last changed mine in 1999 or something. A present to the truck when it hit 50,000 miles.

Keep me in mind when you start to part out the truck. I'm not sure how many of the parts will fit my 95, but they are starting to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Cave Gimp View Post
    What did you do tot he truck? You must have made it mad somehow. Those Nissians are hard to kill. Did you change the oil recently? That may have caused the problem. They work better with old nasty oil, I think I last changed mine in 1999 or something. A present to the truck when it hit 50,000 miles.

Keep me in mind when you start to part out the truck. I'm not sure how many of the parts will fit my 95, but they are starting to wear.
    Well, I checked the oil and it's below the low line Weird, we changed it and oil filter too when we fixed it last time...I guess an oil change and the goo stuff will help...hopefully If it still smokes white, then it must be an O-ring, the entire head and it's components are new.

All I know so far is that the rear axle is a Dana 30...yes, what they put in the front of TJs...so it really isn't a disgrace of owning it and still posting on this website is ok

That truck is turning into a money PIT MISS the jeep yet?
    old school no text ,no FaceTime its a land line!! 602 358 8694

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchChili View Post
    So far if I'm able to fix the engine, it stays and will most likely be receiving the propane kit...when funds allow it I;m getting myself another DD so I can get around, then I'll take off the IFS, axles, transfer case (I'll sell those fo cheap)........I have little knowledge on axles compared to the jeep nerds on here but I'm thinking dana 60 front and 14bolt rear...but if I can find portal axles for about the same price heck why not....with an exo on truck, top weight(not including axles and tires) should be about 3000-3100 wet. My plan is to run on 42inchers at least for summer and being able to fit 44s for the winter,,,I love snow wheeling at the Cinders. (cutting as much sheet metal possible)>some people think that might be stupid but hell it would be fun anyway....Nissamazing

May the engine needs replacing I'll look for another 4banger for the lightweight, or a V8 and shoot for torque,,,,I saw a 4.0l with matching tranny for 300bucks on the site but that block is long....if I don't have to cut the fire wall to fit it great if I do oh well...

I don't know, frenchy.....putting lipstick on a pig don't make it anything more than pig w/lipstick.....
    People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who do....

GLEN REAMS Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NVRSTUKXJ View Post
    I don't know, frenchy.....putting lipstick on a pig don't make it anything more than pig w/lipstick.....
    haha

LOL....so WHY did you sell the Jeep...and get this POS...?
    Brad B. 2014 FLAME RED JKU SPORT
    KE7SAJ To those who have served THANK YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by AZG23 View Post
    LOL....so WHY did you sell the Jeep...and get this POS...?
    I sold the Jeep and bought this with hope of it being a cheap DD while I build my other Jeep....

Change of plan....Since I don't have the skills neccessary I registered at the Phoenix College for welding and autocad...I'll will be getting another DD and make the Nissan my rockcrawler project, a practice build up before I make the Jeep...perfect...

Now yall stop asking the damn same question

GLEN REAMS Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchChili View Post
    I sold the Jeep and bought this with hope of it being a cheap DD while I build my other Jeep....

Change of plan....Since I don't have the skills neccessary I registered at the Phoenix College for welding and autocad...I'll will be getting another DD and make the Nissan my rockcrawler project, a practice build up before I make the Jeep...perfect...

Now yall stop asking the damn same question
    is it atleast 4wheel dirve?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information