Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 54

Thread: Copper Sticker Program Update

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    756

    Copper Sticker Program Update

    NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETINGS

    AND

    INFORMATION BEHIND WHAT THIS BILL IS ABOUT.
    PLEASE take a couple of minutes and review this report. How this Bill moves forward and WHO gets the shaft from it depends on YOU.

    The original intent of this Bill was to get some OHV laws on the books so the yahoos out there could be controlled or cited. It also is funded by US thusly we should be the beneficiaries of these funds. The intent was not to PAY G&F, nor was it intended to pay outright for total conservation as is being demanded by the enviros. It's to HELP the land management agencies MANAGE the lands and trail systems for US.

    THANKS to all for your attention to this very critical issue!

    Sandee

    Arizona Game and Fish Department
    NEWS RELEASE
    For immediate release Oct. 16, 2006

    Public input sought on Arizona?s OHV management bill

    PHOENIX ? The Arizona Game and Fish Department, on behalf of the Off-highway Vehicle Legislative Workgroup, is seeking input from the public regarding the ?Copper Sticker? off-highway vehicle (OHV) user fee proposed legislation. A series of informational open houses will be held around the state in October and November, and written comment will be accepted until Nov. 26.

    The Off-highway Vehicle Legislative Workgroup, a group comprised of OHV recreationists and outdoor user groups, land management agencies, county and local governments, and Game and Fish, have worked together to develop a ?copper sticker? program to improve OHV management in Arizona. The bill will enhance funding for OHV programs including the maintenance and development of OHV trails and routes, education and information programs, enhanced law enforcement resources and mitigation for damage to environmental, historical and cultural resources from OHV recreation.

    Informational public meetings describing the OHV user driven bill?s highlights will be held from 7 to 9 p.m. on the following dates:

    ? Tuesday, Oct. 24 ? Tucson, Arizona Game and Fish Department regional office 555 N. Greasewood Road

    ? Wednesday, Oct. 25 ? Benson, Cochise College-Benson Center 1025 S. Highway 90

    ? Monday, Oct. 30 ? Prescott, Prescott Valley Council Chambers 7501 E. Civic Circle

    ? Thursday, Nov. 2 ? Pinetop, Arizona Game and Fish Department regional office 2878 E. White Mountain Boulevard

    ? Friday, Nov. 3 ? Mesa, City Of Mesa Utilities Department 640 North Mesa Drive

    ? Monday, Nov. 6 ? Yuma, Arizona Game and Fish Department regional office 9140 E. 28th Street

    ? Tuesday, Nov. 7 ? Kingman, Arizona Game and Fish Department regional office 5325 N. Stockton Hill Road

    ? Wednesday, Nov. 8 ? Flagstaff, Arizona Game and Fish Department regional office 3500 S. Lake Mary Road

    ? Wednesday, Nov. 15 - Glendale, Glendale Foothills Branch Library 19055 N. 57th Avenue

    ? Thursday, Nov. 16 ? Safford, Eastern Arizona College Bonita Room 1014 N. College Avenue

    The proposed legislation can be downloaded and additional information can be obtained from the department?s Web site at azgfd.gov/ohv.

    Written comment can submitted until Nov. 26 at the meetings, through the Game and Fish Web site or by U.S. mail to OHV Comments, c/o Joe Sacco, Arizona Game and Fish Department, 2221 W. Greenway Road, Phoenix, AZ 85023-4399.

    At this time the Arizona OHV Coalition (AZOHVC) is in a "holding" stance. Last year between G&F outright lieing and submitting a proposal that was not agreed to by the Task Team, and then the legislature tore it apart from there, the OHV community KILLED all three bills G&F kept submitting. This year G&F asked the OHV members of the Task Team to "draft a proposal". We did............. It was submitted to the Task Team and the Team agreed to all of it other than WHO would be required to purchase a Copper Sticker. The draft proposal asked that EVERYONE driving a vehicle off a highway or maintained road/trail would need a CS. This included the equestrians that drive their one ton truck with a horse trailer behind them; or the mountain biker driving his mini=truck or car with his bike on top or in the back heading to his favorite bike trail; OR the Sierra Clubber or bird watcher heading to a Wilderness area or bird watching area. They're all doing "impact" and "using" the trails. G&F INSIST the street licensed/registered full sized vehicles do not need a CS, thusly eliminating all recreationists that are "using" the trails but are not OHV recreation specific. The original intent was this was to be a USER FEE. Just for specific "users"?????????????

    ALL ATV's, licensed or not, ALL MC, licensed or not and Unlicensed 4x4's MUST HAVE A COPPER STICKER............

    There are numerous other issues G&F have eliminated from the proposal. The AZ OHV Coalition drafted a RESOLUTION (see below) with REQUIREMENTS of issues that must be back in the bill proposal. In the general Task Team meeting last week, G&F REFUSED to even look at the Resolution. They announced the G&F Commission directed them to PUSH FORWARD with the bill..... period. For the past year or more G&F have declared this was to be a "USER DRIVEN BILL" but now that the environmentalists have joined in this (they are DEMANDING the dollar breakdown of the 50% of the funds to go to OHV MUST BE 75% to Law Enforcement). The bill is now being heralded as a "COOPERATIVE BILL". Because G&F don't like what OHV have asked for they have now pulled all OHV Gas Tax project funding from us. It's being used as a blackmail technique.

    (The dollar breakdown within the proposed bill)
    7% Game & Fish for Administration
    15% Game & Fish for G&F Law Enforcement
    18% Game & Fish for Education (remember they already receive $800,000.00 per year for OHV Education & Law Enforcement from the OHV Gas Tax Fund)
    10% State Land Dept. for an OHV Program
    50% OHV......... Covering projects; grants; education AND Law Enforcement to the feds, county or city officers.

    Some background info:
    At this time the OHV Coalition is not actually asking to KILL the bill but we ask each and every one of you attend the meetings and DEMAND they put the issues from the Coalition RESOLUTION into the proposal. AZVJC are members of the Coalition thusly giving each of you the ability to state you support the resolution. We're trying to get a meeting with G&F Director to determine how much of this blackmail and "cooperative bill" stuff is coming from the Director and/or G&F Commission vs one individual.............. Mike Senn. Joe Sacco will be directing all of the meetings and although he IS G&F and must follow the directives from his boss (Mike Senn) he is a nice guy. He is truly trying to be up front and fair........
    Their excuse at this time for the requirement they demand of 3 members to be on the Advisory Group is they believe "anyone within a business should have a fair say in how it acts or votes". They are not members of a business they are simply WELL PAID ADMINISTRATORS (Bookkeepers) to act within the parameters set forth. The bad side of this whole thing is the G&F Commission have the final say no matter how we go so it's my belief having an Advisory Group isn't worth anything. They'll be overrulled any time a grant or disbursement is approved that G&F don't agree to.

    Request: The AZOHVC simply ask each of you require G&F to accept the issues as presented in the Resolution as well as get back to this being a "USER DRIVEN BILL". WE (the OHV Recreationists) are the one's paying for this, WE should be the ruling guide as to how and/or where the dollars are spent. If an agreement cannot be reached we (OHV community) can KILL the bill at that time.

    Sandee

    RESOLUTION
    OHV Copper Sticker Program

    The Arizona Off-Highway Vehicle Coalition, as officially set forth by unanimous vote of the Board of Directors on September 30, 2006

    HEREBY RESOLVES to support and go forth with the Copper Sticker OHV laws and funding as amended below.

    1) We agree that a Search and Rescue Fund would be a valuable addition to the bill but it is not a requirement at this time. However, the AZOHVC would like to see further investigation into how a fund of this type can be created.

    2) We agree there must be a clause in the bill indicating the bill will be withdrawn due to major changes of the intent of the bill, i.e.: if we decided that the laws and penalties, along with the fees and how the Copper Sticker dollars will be distributed, would be the most important aspects of the bill and if those change or are pulled, the bill goes away.

    3) We agree on a fee structure not to exceed $20.00 for the first sticker. Additional stickers will be half price for all vehicles titled to the same person.

    4) We require a 60% cap on funds disbursed by the AZG&F. The cap cannot be used in the same disbursement categories two or more consecutive years. A ?Grant Guidelines? must also be developed.
    The guidelines shall include, but not limited to:
    a. Will this fund be reimbursement or direct pay upfront?
    b. Follow basic AZ State Parks Grant guidelines.
    c. Pay for NEPA?. How much?
    d. Do grants require match dollars?... If so how much etc.
    The development of Guidelines shall be a consensus of the task group and can be a cause for failure of this bill if a consensus is not reached.

    5) We would like ?vehicle dealers? to be able to sell Copper Sticker decals.

    6) We agree that any event or action under a Special Permit or hunting fishing license, while actively hunting or fishing, shall be exempt from the Copper Sticker requirement.

    7) We agree a qualified lobbyist must be retained to help with legislative support for the bill. AZOHVC can provide OHV user testimony when needed, however, we do not have the resources required to drive legislative support actions. AZOHVC will not support the bill without this requirement being fulfilled.

    8) The AZOHVC does not agree to the proposed changes allowing AZ Game & Fish to appoint three of the seven OHVAG appointee?s to the OHVAG. It is felt the current OHVAG nomination and appointment process allows for the most qualified person(s) to be appointed. We understand that Arizona Game & Fish is only looking to ensure the integrity of a program it would be administrator of, however, we feel the current process already allows for this requirement.

    AZOHVC will agree to:
    1.a) Agree to allow Arizona Game and Fish (AZG&F) to appoint two representatives to the OHV Advisory Group.
    No more than two AZG&F appointees may serve on the OHVAG at the same time.

    2.a) No more then one AZG&F appointee may represent a single county at any time.

    3.a) Appointees must be from the official OHVAG applications submitted to State Parks.

    4.a) Seats must serve the 3 year appointed terms. AZG&F cannot pull their appointments each year or mid term to replace with other appointees.

    1.b) AZOHVC will not support the Copper Sticker bill if AZG&F requires more then two positions on the board and do not agree to the stipulations as stated.

    IT IS FURTHER RESOLVED AZOHVC acknowledge this Bill is to be an OHV User driven bill and is ready and prepared to support the Copper Sticker bill with these minor concessions.

    Respectfully submitted,

    Chris Benner, Secretary
    Don Hood, President
    Jim Florence, V.P.
    Sandee McCullen, Treasurer
    Steve Carmickle, Past President
    Jeff Gursh, Executive Director
    Sanford Cohen, Executive Director
    Sandee

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Heber/Overgaard, AZ
    Posts
    4,643
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Copper Sticker Program Update

    Sandee, I will make the meeting in Pinetop on November 2.

    I printed this out so I can study it futher.


    Thanks again for your help on this stuff.
    Bill W. K7ANT 97 TJ with modified RK LA 106" WB. TeraLow, Locked, and 37" MTR's
    "May God Bless the Sheepdogs of America!"
    http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii304/k7ant/150x150_8KB.jpg

  3. #3
    1BLKJP Guest

    Re: Copper Sticker Program Update

    Sandee, based on the changes they made it would seem that all but the unlicensed buggy/trail rig would "NOT" be required to have a Copper Sticker. This makes it seem like it's sticking all of the funding from the program on our friends who ride ATV's or Single Track? Is this also from the Cooperative point of view?

    And thanks for putting that together. I will begin to compose some thoughts on my own and definitely get them in for the record. I however will not be able to attend the Mesa meeting as I am in a wedding that night. I will try to get out to one of the less populated areas and attend one of those meetings.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    756

    Re: Copper Sticker Program Update

    Quote Originally Posted by 1BLKJP View Post
    Sandee, based on the changes they made it would seem that all but the unlicensed buggy/trail rig would "NOT" be required to have a Copper Sticker. This makes it seem like it's sticking all of the funding from the program on our friends who ride ATV's or Single Track? Is this also from the Cooperative point of view?

    And thanks for putting that together. I will begin to compose some thoughts on my own and definitely get them in for the record. I however will not be able to attend the Mesa meeting as I am in a wedding that night. I will try to get out to one of the less populated areas and attend one of those meetings.
    No, it's as I stated and yes, you are correct that the ATV's and MC are carrying most of the weight. This is BS but it was a concession I backed off on to at least get something started. IF "ALL" or "MANY" of OHV'ers go in stating the CS MUST be for ALL USERS OF ROADS/TRAILS OFF HIGHWAY OR MAINTAINED ROADS I believe we can convince the legislature this is needed to be a collaborative partnership for USERS. G&F keep stating "The legislature will NOT stand for a registered/licenced/insured vehicle to be "double taxed". When I ask "what about the LICENSED ATV's; MC; and now the new UTV's"....... they ignore me. They do that well now days.

    Bottom line is somehow we MUST SHOW OUR DEPTH AND STRENGTHS. They have now brought in the Environmentalists stating they are "supporting G&F", not "OHV" because not enough money is going towards law enforcement and conservation". What does that tell us?

    G&F are setting OHV up in that they will literally misappropriate any/all dollars from OHV that they wish.

    Sierra Club declare they "purchase hunting license each year even though they don't hunt" because the dollars are spent as the enviros want. When stated "you 'use' the trails to access your Wilderness area or special area, do you not believe you are a user and cause impact". "NO, and I will not pay for a CS if the dollars do not go where "WE" feel they should go." They also are DEMANDING a seat/s on the Advisory Board. That has been discussed and argued for the past two years. Ariz. has no intention of getting OHV issues run or ruled by environmentalists like California has.

    For the time being the coalition is taking a collaborative stand by showing we are TRYING TO COMPROMISE. This stand can help us if we feel we have to kill the bill down the line due to G&F not compromising or trying to work together with those that will actually be the FUNDERS. The Copper Sticker is intended to "help" land managers manage the lands and resources, NOT FUND G&F.

    These guys need to be reminded on a daily schedule they are NOT land managers........... they are wildlife & habitat managers. Re the CS funds they are not "Part of"; they are "PAID administers of".

    Sorry for the "band wagon" but these guys tick me off on a daily basis! ......... bet ya'll couldn't tell huh? Maybe we need to start a VOLUNTARY BASED COPPER STICKER and manage it through the Coalition. It certainly won't draw the dollars a mandated program would but it would give us POWER to enable OHV to introduce and support a proposal strictly for the USERS.
    Sandee

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down in Maricopa
    Posts
    997

    Re: Copper Sticker Program Update

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandee McCullen View Post
    G&F keep stating "The legislature will NOT stand for a registered/licenced/insured vehicle to be "double taxed". When I ask "what about the LICENSED ATV's; MC; and now the new UTV's"....... they ignore me. They do that well now days.
    So how would this be different from the fee we pay to the State Land Department for a State Land Trust permit? That seems like a 'double tax' to me but I pay it to access places like the FJ area.

    I would not have a problem paying the $20 for the Copper Sticker as long as I see some result from the program i.e. the increased enforcement you mentioned. One thing I can say is that in the few times I have been out to the Martinez/Bulldog area I have yet to see any enforcement types yet I see plenty of the 'yahoos'.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    756

    Re: Copper Sticker Program Update

    Quote Originally Posted by corwyyn View Post
    So how would this be different from the fee we pay to the State Land Department for a State Land Trust permit? That seems like a 'double tax' to me but I pay it to access places like the FJ area.

    I would not have a problem paying the $20 for the Copper Sticker as long as I see some result from the program i.e. the increased enforcement you mentioned. One thing I can say is that in the few times I have been out to the Martinez/Bulldog area I have yet to see any enforcement types yet I see plenty of the 'yahoos'.
    10% of the CS dollars would go to the State Land Dept. to help them with an OHV program. The CS would cover our access to / across State Trust Lands. The only time we would need a separate permit is if we , park, unload, or camp on Trust Land.

    Yes, we need law enforcement but as it stands today there are no OHV Laws to actually enforce. The CS proposal addresses OHV Laws. But on the other side of "law enforcement" more law enforcement won't do us any good unless we have a solid "transportation system" or "infrastructure" in place FIRST. If G&F get away with their proposal all, or most, dollars will go to law enforcement and "conservation" for wildlife habitat. They will "cite" OHV for anything/everything they can........ Driving in washes because they believe ALL washes should be off limits to OHV; any trail they believe is "fragmenting" wildlife............. which include everything beyond the major roads; making "tire marks" on the rocks; causing oil contamination to our trails; driving by petroglyphs etc etc etc.............. There MUST be education, a trail system and understanding before law enforcement. Re "no law enforcement at Bulldog or Martinez".......... no kidding. There are no laws to enable them to force and not enough staff to be everywhere all the time.

    I believe OHV is, will and should support paying $15.00 - $20.00 for a USE PERMIT but it must go towards OHV issues.......... maintenance, education, construction of loops, staging areas AND law enforcement. NOT to G&F to support hunting and G&F or to enviro's for closure.

    Your point of issue is exactly what you need to express at these upcoming meetings!
    1. OHV will pay if according to their proposal.
    2. We NEED OHV laws
    3. We NEED an adequate infrastructure & education first.
    4. The Task Team has been at the table for nearly 3 years and each and every time the group reached a compromise G&F would deliberately change it if it didn't meet their plans. THIS bill must meet the OHV needs......... not G&F budget!!!
    5. Hopefully all OHV that attend these meetings or send in comments will DEMAND they put the issues from the AZOHVC Resolution back into the proposal.
    6. Hopefully all OHV that attend these meetings or send in comments will DEMAND "ALL vehicles OFF a highway or maintained road be required to obtain a CS." This is intended to be a USE fee ............ not a tax, not an agency funding and not to support CONSERVATION to the level of closure. RESPONSIBLE, multi-use recreation can and should be maintained on public lands.

    There are:
    680 Wilderness Areas in the U.S........................ 106,506,635 acres BLM manage only 6% of all Wilderness acres.

    BLM manage 270,000,000 acres.................. 7,391,704 acres Wilderness Fish & Wildlife manage 500,000,000 National Wildlife Refuge Areas....................... 91,000,000 acres refuges; 20,699,117 wilderness

    F/S manage 200,000,000 acres........... 34,879,167 acres wilderness NPS manage 51 Nat'l Parks; 300 National Monuments and 43,536,647 acres Wilderness

    AZ BLM manage 1.4 million acres with 47 Wilderness areas .............. 4,528,913 acres White Canyon Wilderness (5800 acres) is within the MGCP.
    BLM manage only 6% of all Wilderness acres.

    Is there truly a reason we cannot share what's left?

    G&F and the enviros want to use CS dollars to CLOSE trails to OHV for personal agenda reasons. OHV want the dollars to assure access and build for responsible multi-use recreation on public lands.

    If anyone wants to meet for a Q&A session prior to the meetings please let me know and we can set up as many meetings as needed.

    Stand tall............. OHV can move forward with everyone's buy-in. Be a STAKEHOLDER, you have a voice.
    Sandee

  7. #7

    Re: Copper Sticker Program Update

    i would like to go to a meeting and bring up these points, but I'm unfamiliar with the process and how one would actualy go about doing that.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    756

    Re: Copper Sticker Program Update

    Quote Originally Posted by etropic View Post
    i would like to go to a meeting and bring up these points, but I'm unfamiliar with the process and how one would actualy go about doing that.
    Just show up to the meeting........... they are planning to present a 10-15 minute Power Point and then open the meeting to Q&A discussion. Each person will be allowed 2-3 minutes to speak.............. take a cheat sheet if that helps or simply state

    You "believe this proposal should remain as OHV proposed and you will not support it if it does not include the Resolutions presented by the AZ OHV Coalition, of which you are a member and it must be an USER DRIVEN BILL."

    The only issue that is not addressed in the resolution is the fact that ALL USERS that drive off a highway or maintained road should be required to obtain a CS. The compromise OHV did for G&F was to agree to "ALL ATV's; ALL MC; but only UNLICENSED JEEPS (full sized)." G&F and the environmentalists have pushed this because they don't want the hunters in street licenced trucks to have to pay and they don't want the hikers, mountain bikers or equestrians to pay for doing the same thing we do.......... USE THE TRAILS.

    Your voice will be heard and if we can have hundreds of the AZOHVC we CAN come out on top of this bill. G&F truly believe they have the power to do as they please........ we can show them they're wrong!
    Sandee

  9. #9
    1BLKJP Guest

    Re: Copper Sticker Program Update

    Sandee, I haven't had a chance to talk to you personally, but did anything interesting or exciting come out of the Copper Sticker meeting yesterday in Tucson?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lake Havasu City, AZ
    Posts
    1,084

    Re: Copper Sticker Program Update

    It made the front page here today...

    Fee program sought for off-road vehicles

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    4,499

    Re: Copper Sticker Program Update

    Quote Originally Posted by BRUZR View Post
    It made the front page here today...

    Fee program sought for off-road vehicles

    ?If approved, of the monies received from both sources, 7 percent would be used to administer the fund itself,? said Satter.

    ?Fifty percent would go for grants and agreements, 18 percent would go toward information and education, 15 percent would be dedicated to law enforcement at the Arizona Department of Game and Fish and the remaining 10 percent would go to the State Land Department,? he added.


    Does this mean those with a CS would not ALSO need a State Trust Land permit?
    K7MTO
    79 CJ-5
    http://www.74thstband.com


    "If it's in your way, climb over it"
    - from the book Really Important Stuff My Kids Have Taught Me

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oracle, AZ
    Posts
    343

    Re: Copper Sticker Program Update

    [QUOTE=k7mto;128320Does this mean those with a CS would not ALSO need a State Trust Land permit?[/QUOTE]


    The CS would allow you to CROSS state trust land without a state land permit, but if you park on state trust land to off load your trailer, camp or anything else but cross state trust land, you'll still need the state land permit.
    My Jeeps are bullies, they keep taking my lunch money
    Tucson Off Road

  13. #13
    xFallen Guest

    Re: Copper Sticker Program Update

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandee McCullen View Post
    No, it's as I stated and yes, you are correct that the ATV's and MC are carrying most of the weight. This is BS but it was a concession I backed off on to at least get something started. IF "ALL" or "MANY" of OHV'ers go in stating the CS MUST be for ALL USERS OF ROADS/TRAILS OFF HIGHWAY OR MAINTAINED ROADS I believe we can convince the legislature this is needed to be a collaborative partnership for USERS. G&F keep stating "The legislature will NOT stand for a registered/licenced/insured vehicle to be "double taxed". When I ask "what about the LICENSED ATV's; MC; and now the new UTV's"....... they ignore me. They do that well now days.

    Bottom line is somehow we MUST SHOW OUR DEPTH AND STRENGTHS. They have now brought in the Environmentalists stating they are "supporting G&F", not "OHV" because not enough money is going towards law enforcement and conservation". What does that tell us?

    G&F are setting OHV up in that they will literally misappropriate any/all dollars from OHV that they wish.

    Sierra Club declare they "purchase hunting license each year even though they don't hunt" because the dollars are spent as the enviros want. When stated "you 'use' the trails to access your Wilderness area or special area, do you not believe you are a user and cause impact". "NO, and I will not pay for a CS if the dollars do not go where "WE" feel they should go." They also are DEMANDING a seat/s on the Advisory Board. That has been discussed and argued for the past two years. Ariz. has no intention of getting OHV issues run or ruled by environmentalists like California has.

    For the time being the coalition is taking a collaborative stand by showing we are TRYING TO COMPROMISE. This stand can help us if we feel we have to kill the bill down the line due to G&F not compromising or trying to work together with those that will actually be the FUNDERS. The Copper Sticker is intended to "help" land managers manage the lands and resources, NOT FUND G&F.

    These guys need to be reminded on a daily schedule they are NOT land managers........... they are wildlife & habitat managers. Re the CS funds they are not "Part of"; they are "PAID administers of".

    Sorry for the "band wagon" but these guys tick me off on a daily basis! ......... bet ya'll couldn't tell huh? Maybe we need to start a VOLUNTARY BASED COPPER STICKER and manage it through the Coalition. It certainly won't draw the dollars a mandated program would but it would give us POWER to enable OHV to introduce and support a proposal strictly for the USERS.
    How can it be double taxed? Licenses are issued for ROAD GOING vehicles. OFF-ROAD is not ROAD-GOING. By their definition the licensed OHVs are ALREADY paying the tax they want to impose. Hunters are licensed to TAKE GAME. Fishermen are licensed to TAKE FISH.

    What a bunch of moronic crap. If anything the licensed OHVers are the only ones who should have off-road access since they are currently the only ones licensed for it, hunting license purchased by a greenie or not.

    A copper sticker should be required for anyone using off-road facilities, period, or for nobody at all.


    Barry

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    756

    Re: Copper Sticker Program Update

    Quote Originally Posted by k7mto View Post
    ?If approved, of the monies received from both sources, 7 percent would be used to administer the fund itself,? said Satter.

    ?Fifty percent would go for grants and agreements, 18 percent would go toward information and education, 15 percent would be dedicated to law enforcement at the Arizona Department of Game and Fish and the remaining 10 percent would go to the State Land Department,? he added.


    Does this mean those with a CS would not ALSO need a State Trust Land permit?
    If you have a Copper Sticker you will be allowed to CROSS State Trust Lands without a State Trust Recreation Permit BUT, if you stop, park, unload, camp, or picnic you still need a State Lands Permit.
    Sandee

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    756

    Re: Copper Sticker Program Update

    Quote Originally Posted by xFallen View Post
    How can it be double taxed? Licenses are issued for ROAD GOING vehicles. OFF-ROAD is not ROAD-GOING. By their definition the licensed OHVs are ALREADY paying the tax they want to impose. Hunters are licensed to TAKE GAME. Fishermen are licensed to TAKE FISH.

    What a bunch of moronic crap. If anything the licensed OHVers are the only ones who should have off-road access since they are currently the only ones licensed for it, hunting license purchased by a greenie or not.

    A copper sticker should be required for anyone using off-road facilities, period, or for nobody at all.


    Barry
    I AGREE.

    The Task Team has again and again stated EVERYONE driving/riding off a highway or maintained road MUST HAVE A CS. G&F change this each and every time.

    This is one of the MAJOR comments that need to be made in the public meetings or HUNDREDS, if not THOUSANDS of responses must state: Everyone or No one
    Sandee

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Yahoo Messages: 79010-79034
    By blooddrive in forum Virtual Jeep Club Email Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2004, 06:11 AM
  2. Yahoo Messages: 78985-79009
    By blooddrive in forum Virtual Jeep Club Email Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2004, 06:11 AM
  3. Yahoo Messages: 78960-78984
    By blooddrive in forum Virtual Jeep Club Email Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2004, 06:10 AM
  4. Yahoo Messages: 72053-72077
    By blooddrive in forum Virtual Jeep Club Email Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-07-2004, 06:37 AM
  5. Yahoo Messages: 71877-71902
    By blooddrive in forum Virtual Jeep Club Email Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-06-2004, 11:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •