Thread: More Scoping Meetings... Mototrax

Exclamation More Scoping Meetings... Mototrax

RED SHIRT TIME AGAIN....
    MotoTrax is a private park we've been working on for going on 5 years......... It's declared a "Disneyland for OHV" although the plans reflect not only ATV tracks, a national level motocross track, 80 acres of 4x4 play area...... With future plans for a manmade rock crawling venue, it will also have a full multi-use clubhouse with pool; fix-it shops; BMX bike track; skate board etc etc etc..........

Mike Chatfield (AZVJC) designed the 4x4 play area for us and OHV people have dedicated hours of their time to make this dream come true.

The biggest hold up has been the BLM (imagine that) in signing the R&PP (Recreational and Public Purposes Act) where BLM leases parcels of land for public use. This parcel of land is 640 acres about two miles north of the Sonoran National Monument, 4 miles south of the Town of Buckeye and 1 mile east of Hwy 85. The entire area surrounding this park is looking to be designated as an SRMA (Special Recreational Management Area) in the Lower Sonoran Land Management Plans so there will be numerous connecting trails for those that want distance trails. MotoTrax will reflect "tot lots" for beginner youth as well as class room availability for education and training.

The first meeting in Mesa is in conflict with the first meeting in Buckeye re the White Tanks but please take time to schedule your time to enable you to make it to both.
    White Tanks need numbers to hopefully keep motorized recreation within the regional park extention.........
    MotoTrax need support from the community to allow BLM to sign the lease agreement. They are expecting red shirts to blow this off as not necessary thusly not supporting this park. We MUST ALL BE CONCERNED FOR ALL OHV.......... WHETHER WE WILL USE THE PARK OR NOT. PLEASE SUPPORT THE IDEA.

Public Scoping Meetings Planned

The Bureau of Land Management received a proposal from Moto-Trax, a public non-profit organization, regarding the establishment of an Off-Highway Vehicle Urban Park 9 miles south of Buckeye, Arizona and 3 miles east of AZ State Highway 85. BLM and Moto-Trax are requesting your input. An environmental assessment will be prepared by Moto-Trax and made available for public review, if there is favorable public interest in the general proposal. Comments on the Moto-Trax proposal are being accepted through July 29, 2006. Public scoping meetings locations are listed below:

Public Meeting Location Date Time

Mesa Public Library (Main Branch) Saguaro Room Wednesday June 7, 2006 6:30 p.m.
    64 East 1 Street, Mesa AZ 85201

First Historic Church Saturday June 10, 2006 10:30 a.m.
    402 W. Monroe, Phoenix, AZ 85003

Town of Buckeye Chamber of Commerce Wednesday June 14, 2006 7:00 p.m.
    508 East Monroe Avenue, Buckeye AZ 85326

Gila Bend CAP Office Thursday June 15, 2006 7:00 p.m.
    202 N Euclid, Gila Bend, AZ 85337

For more information on this proposal or to remove your name from this mailing list, contact the Bureau of Land Management at 623.580.5500 or by e-mail. For information on the meetings, locations, or to contact representatives at Moto-Trax, call 602.251.8050 or visit the Moto-Trax web site at: www.mototrax.org. Comments and information will be shared only with permission.

Send your comments to: Bureau of Land Management
    Attn: Moto-Trax proposal, Jack Ragsdale
    21605 North 7th Avenue
    Phoenix, Arizona 85027
    Email: AZ_PDO_MOTOTRAX@blm.gov
    Sandee

Re: More Scoping Meetings... Mototrax

I just received that email, too. I will do everything I can to be there--this would be a great park!

1BLKJP Guest

Yup, I agree Sandee. I'll definitely be making one of these meetings.

4. 05-25-2006, 05:17 PM

Reason
    Bowing out of land use issues

Quote Originally Posted by RokNRich
    Shouldn't we put these on the calendar so people will see it when checking for runs, etc. ?
    I just post the notices........ if someone wants them on a calendar please do so.
    Sandee

I will be at the June 7th Meeting in Mesa...I'm pretty sure I can find a few fellow jeepers to go with me too!!

1BLKJP Guest

Yeah, I am going to hit the meeting on Wed. in Mesa also.

My son and I will be at the one on tues. out west.
    No Money to Wheel

Exclamation Re: More Scoping Meetings... Mototrax

Alright folks, I just got back from the MotoTrax meeting in Mesa. All in all it sounds like it could be a pretty good deal...if nothing else, it would be a great place for people to get educated and for people who are new to the various sports (including 4 wheelin') to get some experience before hitting the natural trails around the state. Right now it is still in planning stages so I only know that the 4x4 area is 40 acres +/-. Mike Chatfield (mchat) designed the 4x4 area, so I would look to him for more specifics. I don't know how many more of you, if any, were there, but it was a very small turnout all together...maybe 20 people, and that includes people from MotoTrax, two gentlemen from the BLM and at least one person representing an environmental club.

I also wanted to put out there that they are looking for corporate help, so any of you business owners out there that might be interested, please give Megan (pronounced Me - gun) a call at 602.251.8050, and she will be happy to help you out.

For those of you unable to attend, the slide show from the meetings will be available on the MotoTrax website that Sandee has listed in her original message.

I will be posting a poll in the polls forum concerning this...please check it out.

Ron

Thread Information