Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quadzilla

Quadzilla

I just got one from my buddy for $1600! The lift for my Jeep will have to wait, but I couldn't pass up a classic for that price.
    02 TJ, 46 CJ2A, 11 sand jeep thingy. Yup, 3 Jeeps, 1 runs, none are done....sounds about right.

DsrtJeeper Guest

Re: Quadzilla

Quote Originally Posted by wannabejeeper
    I just got one from my buddy for $1600! The lift for my Jeep will have to wait, but I couldn't pass up a classic for that price.
    Hope it's an '89 or you may be looking at some extensive bottom end work down the road. With that said; I always liked the Quadzilla. It's a perfect chassis to drop a GSXR engine into!

Quote Originally Posted by DsrtJeeper
    Hope it's an '89 or you may be looking at some extensive bottom end work down the road. With that said; I always liked the Quadzilla. It's a perfect chassis to drop a GSXR engine into!
    Just keep Dsrtjeeper off it, he'll burn the tires off it!!!
    4 Wheelers Supply, I'm Back In Retirement!

It is an 89 and the motor has been built before. I'll probably go through it and build it some more, it has a cool head already for it, I just need a gasket. I've never torn into a 2 stroke...but how much different could it be compared to a SBC?

GSXR motor? I didn't know you could do that. I thought this thing was fast now!
    02 TJ, 46 CJ2A, 11 sand jeep thingy. Yup, 3 Jeeps, 1 runs, none are done....sounds about right.

DsrtJeeper Guest

It is an 89 and the motor has been built before. I'll probably go through it and build it some more, it has a cool head already for it, I just need a gasket. I've never torn into a 2 stroke...but how much different could it be compared to a SBC?

Two stroke engines are fun because the tranny is an intrical part of it. Tear apart the bottom end and you tear apart all those gears, bearings and shift forks with it. I used to drag race quads before I came back to Jeeping. The Quadzilla has a large frame to allow motorcycle engine swaps. A GSXR engine can easily be pumped up to 400 HP!!! I had a buddy in Tucson who had a stock GSXR engine turboed in a Banshee chassis. He ran 95MPH up Sand MTN. in Fallon, Nevada. We are talking a 700' climb steeper than you can walk.

xFallen Guest

I've never torn into a 2 stroke...but how much different could it be compared to a SBC?
    haha...funny

Two strokes are magic

This is about as Jeep related as a Quadzilla so...what the heck. Hey, it is off-road too, just still on-pavement.

Here's one of my old ones...250 cc, 80-90 bhp depending upon tuning, 13,5K RPM, chassis <200 lbs with fluids, me when I didn't have body fat, oh baby...

DsrtJeeper Guest

Quote Originally Posted by xFallen

This is about as Jeep related as a Quadzilla so...what the heck. Hey, it is off-road too, just still on-pavement.
    This is posted in the off topic quad section ya bonehead!

xFallen Guest

This is posted in the off topic quad section ya bonehead!
    Oh geezus...hahaha..nevermind...then...

Two stroke engines are fun because the tranny is an intrical part of it. Tear apart the bottom end and you tear apart all those gears, bearings and shift forks with it. I used to drag race quads before I came back to Jeeping. The Quadzilla has a large frame to allow motorcycle engine swaps. A GSXR engine can easily be pumped up to 400 HP!!! I had a buddy in Tucson who had a stock GSXR engine turboed in a Banshee chassis. He ran 95MPH up Sand MTN. in Fallon, Nevada. We are talking a 700' climb steeper than you can walk.
    95mph! Did that thing come with a diaper? Since you seem pretty knowledgable, how many moneys do you think it would take to do the motor over again? It runs good now, but I'm a bit of a speed junkie and was thinking about tuning it up a lil to give me my fix until I can afford to build my big block sand drag Jeep...which will be about 50 years !

twstdtj Guest

Quote Originally Posted by xFallen
    haha...funny

Two strokes are magic

Here's one of my old ones...250 cc, 80-90 bhp depending upon tuning, 13,5K RPM, chassis <200 lbs with fluids, me when I didn't have body fat, oh baby...

Great, Barry in Hot Pink!!! Nobody needed to see that

xFallen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by twstdtj
    Great, Barry in Hot Pink!!! Nobody needed to see that
    It was a free paint job and no matter what color you call it (in person it really was more purple) people left knowing who was on the track.

Barry

DsrtJeeper Guest

95mph! Did that thing come with a diaper? Since you seem pretty knowledgable, how many moneys do you think it would take to do the motor over again? It runs good now, but I'm a bit of a speed junkie and was thinking about tuning it up a lil to give me my fix until I can afford to build my big block sand drag Jeep...which will be about 50 years !
    It should have!!! The scarey part was knowing Steve was not getting fully into the throttle because he was a bit scared. It could have gone faster!

If you want it built right, hook up with Hall's Precision Racing. Jerry Hall is the master of unleashing two stroke power. I'd suspect $1000.00 - $1500.00 depending on how far you go. Are you prepared to pay upwards of $5.00/gallon for race fuel? Do you want a trail or race quad? With the higher speeds you'll need an extended swingarm and improved shocks as a minimum.

It's going to be more or less a dune bike and the haceyempa(sp?) river bed off of I10. I was planning on running av gas in it anyway, I think it's 104 octane or something like that, we used it in my buddy's juiced SBC and it worked fine. For $1000, how would this thing compare to the built banshee's and 450's?

DsrtJeeper Guest

It's going to be more or less a dune bike and the haceyempa(sp?) river bed off of I10. I was planning on running av gas in it anyway, I think it's 104 octane or something like that, we used it in my buddy's juiced SBC and it worked fine. For $1000, how would this thing compare to the built banshee's and 450's?
    It should smoke a majority of 450's and some of the lesser built Banshees. It depends on the rider and the tuning. Compression ratio determines octane needed. Most av gas is 100LL. That's 100 octane low lead. It's a good idea to mix the av gas with pump gas. Av gas has a tendency to allow the two stroke oil to fall out of suspension and settle to the bottom of the tank.

xFallen Guest

It should smoke a majority of 450's and some of the lesser built Banshees. It depends on the rider and the tuning. Compression ratio determines octane needed. Most av gas is 100LL. That's 100 octane low lead. It's a good idea to mix the av gas with pump gas. Av gas has a tendency to allow the two stroke oil to fall out of suspension and settle to the bottom of the tank.
    Av gas makes a poor performance fuel. While it is higher octane than consumer fuel, it also has flame ******ents and burns too slowly. It may actually perform more poorly in some circumstances than lower octane fuels. It is formulated to operate under conditions found in an airplane engine, not a high revving performance engine. You need proper race fuel for this purpose like VP or similar.

There are a few gas stations in the valley that sell 104+ fuel at the pump. I have lost track of them but may be able to find out.

Barry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information