PDA

View Full Version : Saddle Mountain Trail

bmlbytes
01-26-2017, 07:22 AM
On Saturday our group of 3 Jeeps did the Saddle Mountain Loop. I put together a video of our trip. This is my first video, so any criticism is welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EqFg_XSdEo

figx4
01-26-2017, 11:02 AM
Pretty cool !!, I want to run that area one of these days,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

ehall
01-26-2017, 11:02 AM
Great video. I would rather hear the sound of the engine than music though.

bmlbytes
01-26-2017, 11:48 AM
Pretty cool !!, I want to run that area one of these days,

Thanks! If you want to run the trail, I uploaded the GPS files here (http://azadventurers.com/2017/01/saddle-mountain/).

Great video. I would rather hear the sound of the engine than music though.

Thanks for the feedback. I actually was planning on having the engine sounds in the video, but I had left the GoPro's cover latch loose. It was rattling the whole video. I wasn't able to edit out the sound of the latch without making the video sound weird. Hopefully next time I will be able to prevent that noise from ruining the video.

ehall
01-26-2017, 12:29 PM
Its also funny to hear the passengers talking when the trail gets a little rough or especially off camber.

bmlbytes
01-26-2017, 12:48 PM
Actually, you hear very little of the passengers in the raw video. The GoPro is mounted to the outside of the windshield. The GoPro also doesn't pick up sound from behind itself very well.

For the next few videos, we plan to have a few additional cameras. At least one or two more on the outside of the vehicle, and one mounted to the inside. We'll probably bring a tripod to set our phones up in to get shots of the more difficult obstacles too.

btfive73
01-26-2017, 01:30 PM
Nice video. I like the map integration, I've never seen that before.

bmlbytes
01-26-2017, 01:53 PM
Thanks! The map was something that took me a while to figure out. As it turns out, there aren't many good ways to make a video-map out of a GPS trail. Making that was kind of a hodgepodge of free GPS software and video editing tools.

ehall
01-26-2017, 05:48 PM
Very time consuming doing the editing?

bmlbytes
01-26-2017, 08:27 PM
Very time consuming doing the editing?

This particular video took me about 2 full evenings to complete. Maybe around 6 to 8 hours.