PDA

View Full Version : Need heavy backhoe moved from Tucson

62willy
09-07-2015, 05:35 PM
I have an old Allis Chalmers farm tractor that was converted to a backhoe that got inadvertently moved to Tucson 9 years ago. Ok, it wasn't exactly inadvertently, but it is a long story. I need to get it back to Wickenburg. As far as I know it will not start. It is very heavy and long. I'm not really expecting anything here, but thought I would throw it out here since I have no idea how I'm going to get it back and I know some of you have some heavy equipment moving abilities. If I could rent/borrow/steal something, that would be great. If I can pay someone to go pick it up and bring it to Wickenburg, that would be ok too but I would need some lead time to go down and at least try to get it running first. Just a rough guess, but I would say it's in the area of 10 to 15 thousand pounds and would need a 20 to 25 foot bed. It's been 9 years since I've seen it, but it's pretty big as I remember.

Thanks,

Bill

azgypsy
09-07-2015, 07:25 PM
If your able to fire it up call me,,,, I'll drive it to wickiburg!

wiley-moeracing
09-07-2015, 07:52 PM
you can call a heavy tow company, with a tractor that heavy you will need a semi tractor to haul it legally. will not be cheap to move but you may be able to find a truck running empty on the way back to get a better deal if not in a hurry.

62willy
09-07-2015, 09:00 PM
Thanks Dave, I'll keep you in mind for when I get it running.

Bill

62willy
09-07-2015, 09:01 PM
you can call a heavy tow company, with a tractor that heavy you will need a semi tractor to haul it legally. will not be cheap to move but you may be able to find a truck running empty on the way back to get a better deal if not in a hurry.

Yeah, I was hoping not to have to go to that expense. I may be able to borrow a semi truck from my ex boss, but I don't think he has a big enough flat bed.

redneck20
09-07-2015, 09:03 PM
Post it on uship and say you'd prefer a back hual.

We haven't purchased our lowboy and tractor yet otherwise I'd tow it for ya

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

62willy
09-07-2015, 10:02 PM
Post it on uship and say you'd prefer a back hual.

We haven't purchased our lowboy and tractor yet otherwise I'd tow it for ya

Thanks Nate. I'll try the uship. But since it's been sitting for 9 years, I don't think a little longer is going to be too big of a deal if you may have a tow rig you need a shake down run for. :-)

redneck20
09-09-2015, 04:44 PM
If it doesn't have an override or a freewheel action you may have to have a mechanic come and do something to help it roll. I've had problems loading hydrostatic equipment when non running.

62willy
09-09-2015, 07:22 PM
Well, 4 of us with a high lift and a few come-alongs loaded it onto the guys trailer while it wasn't running. This probably sounds confusing so I'll give the whole story.
The backhoe belonged to my father. When he passed away 9 years ago I was supposed to get the tractor. Instead, my younger brother sold it to a friend of his in Tucson. The guy came up to Wickenburg and me and my brothers helped load it. He left. Last week we were going through some trust paperwork and I asked about the backhoe and the money the guy was supposed to pay. My brother said the sale was contingent upon getting it running. He didn't so the guy didn't pay. So I'm welcome to go to Tucson and pick up the tractor that should never have left Wickenburg in the first place. It's kind of junky, old, and probably not worth more than scrap. But I'm pissed about the whole deal and want to get just because I think it will piss off my brother.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk