PDA

View Full Version : anyone up for some adventure?

TikisTJ
03-17-2015, 07:12 PM
So I've never heard of Geocaching until this forum when I was poking around. Anyone still do it? I'd like to do it at least once! Some super neat experience... maybe even set up a new one...

Anyone up for it?

TRLNGRL
03-17-2015, 07:37 PM
Check out geocaching.com. That is what I use. I do some geocaching. It is fun and there are some very interesting/creative caches out there. You can find me on there under the same name as here.

:angel:

chazur
03-17-2015, 07:37 PM
I think bmlbytes has done it. You might want to PM him for some info.

TRLNGRL
03-17-2015, 07:41 PM
I will go out caching with you sometime. I live up north in the New River area. Lots of them around here. Some you can drive to, others you have to hike to. Depends on what you are looking for in the way of getting to them.

TikisTJ
03-17-2015, 07:51 PM
I will go out caching with you sometime. I live up north in the New River area. Lots of them around here. Some you can drive to, others you have to hike to. Depends on what you are looking for in the way of getting to them.

sounds like a good time. geocaching.com here i come -- *sigh* another password to remember!

TikisTJ
03-20-2015, 06:08 PM
lets plan something soon!

azgypsy
03-20-2015, 08:36 PM
I use to do some with rock hound.
We found like 18 of em running thru bulldog canyon!
I even found one in a Walmart under a shelf of clothing!
I have a small hand held Harmon I'd be willing to sell for a cheap price!

Keith B.
04-01-2015, 12:35 PM
I use geocaching.com You just need your iphone or other device and it works fine. I try to leave them on trails and so forth. There are quite a few on broken arrow in Sedona.

Maybe we do a trip and plant a bunch of new ones on a trail. Something easy like box canyon or something else used all the time.

TikisTJ
04-01-2015, 12:47 PM
Sounds like fun! What do you need to have to make one? Maybe I can make some to place.

mingoglia
04-01-2015, 12:53 PM
I too am a geocacher. This past Saturday I was showing a friend Box Canyon (after we wheeled some other trails), and some side x sides were stopped on the side and I knew they were geocaching because I found that cache some time back. I leaned out of my jeep and said, "you're kinda close, but it's on the other side". They laughed knowing that I knew what they were looking for. :)

Keith B.
04-04-2015, 05:20 PM
Sounds like fun! What do you need to have to make one? Maybe I can make some to place.

Typically just an ammo can or something else tough and waterproof. That and a notepad so people can log that they were there. You put cheap "caches" in there like army men, compass, or other crap from the dollar store. I have left a lot of VJC stickers.

TRLNGRL
04-04-2015, 05:30 PM
I like the tracker bugs. I have five of my own out. One has traveled almost 4000 miles and is currently in Wisconsin.