PDA

View Full Version : Stranded just outside of Crown King

malto'slimo
02-28-2015, 06:17 PM
If anyone is near Crown King there is a yellow TJ stranded with a broken tie rod on the drag link.
They are about 1/2 mile out side Crown King heading to Phoenix.
They're name is Brad and Pam Bray and They're number is 480-748-9837.
If You can help please call them.

67jeepsterguy
02-28-2015, 08:47 PM
Any up dates on this ? Did they get help?

aribelin
02-28-2015, 08:50 PM
VJC had lots of folks at CK today but most were already home when this was posted

67jeepsterguy
02-28-2015, 08:54 PM
Well i am heading home now and saw this i could pick up whatever they need and head up there. I know 3 hours has passed but would sleep better knowing thew were home where they wont freeze. I called the number provided and got no answer and left a voicemail

Lunatic_Fridge
02-28-2015, 08:57 PM
Anybody have ideas on how to get them down to at least where a tow truck would pick them up?

Any pictures of the break so we can plan a way to get them out if parts aren't available?

Lunatic Fridge

67jeepsterguy
02-28-2015, 08:57 PM
We are gonna stop here and get some dinner before we go home hopefully someone will call

Lunatic_Fridge
02-28-2015, 09:00 PM
Well i am heading home now and saw this i could pick up whatever they need and head up there. I know 3 hours has passed but would sleep better knowing thew were home where they wont freeze. I called the number provided and got no answer and left a voicemail

If you get a call back and are headed out there I'll pm you my number so we can meet you up there to lend a hand. Would be leaving from North Scottsdale.

Or do you want to meet and head up there anyways. Maybe a highlift handle and a ratchet strap would get them enough to get out to the road for a two truck?

Lunatic Fridge

TRLNGRL
02-28-2015, 09:02 PM
I live up north here by New River. I am available if there is something I can do to help. Just let me know.

BadApple
02-28-2015, 09:06 PM
We are at Peorie and the 303 if yall need help we can shoot back up that way

LO PHAT
02-28-2015, 09:07 PM
VJC had lots of folks at CK today but most were already home when this was posted

Excuse me, Mr. Senior Moderator, but since you took the time to reply to this thread shouldn't you have also taken the time to move it to the correct section of the forum? :p

Lunatic_Fridge
02-28-2015, 09:09 PM
Ok.. Willygoat and I talked. We are going to head up there and see if we can help out any or at least make sure the folks get to a place to stay in Crown King if nothing else.

Probably be at the Gas Station on Daisy Mountain Road at 9:45 ish for anyone else wanting to meet us up there. I'll be on Channel 4 also.

Lunatic Fridge

67jeepsterguy
02-28-2015, 09:13 PM
We are eating right next to a oriellys so if they call i can hopefully get what they need. I will post if i hear something. That road is pretty busy i dont think they could be there for 3 plus hours and get no help.

aribelin
02-28-2015, 09:15 PM
Excuse me, Mr. Senior Moderator, but since you took the time to reply to this thread shouldn't you have also taken the time to move it to the correct section of the forum? :p

Using my phone, didn't realize where it was posted.

TRLNGRL
I keep trying to call and have sent a text message. I will let you know if I hear anything from them. Eric if you need a hi boy handle I have an extra. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

67jeepsterguy
Ok we will meet you there

67jeepsterguy
02-28-2015, 09:17 PM
Chevron?

TRLNGRL
02-28-2015, 09:21 PM
Just got off the phone with Brad. He is safe in Anthem. He doesn't want to go back up tonight to do anything. He is getting parts and will return in the morning to fix it.

TRLNGRL
02-28-2015, 09:23 PM
I stressed if he really wanted to leave it there over night. He said it was near homes and he felt is was safe and ok.

67jeepsterguy
02-28-2015, 09:24 PM
Cool almost got the troops going. Wish i had seen it sooner sucks to be broke down

TRLNGRL
02-28-2015, 09:26 PM
I too wish we knew sooner as we had a whole group of 11 jeeps just down the hill from him.

:angel:

LO PHAT
02-28-2015, 09:28 PM
Using my phone, didn't realize where it was posted.

I'm just giving you a hard time. I suspect that if the thread had been posted in the "Low Priority (Help) Rescue Assistance" section to begin with many of the people already in Crown King at the time would have been alerted about the broken TJ. Now it is more than three hours later, and no one is sure if help is still needed or not.

(Note: Just to be clear, my comments are not a criticism of the OP. Kudos to him for taking the time to alert the VJC about the broken Jeep, and kudos to the other members who are now offering to lend assistance.)

roger
02-28-2015, 09:43 PM
Hopefully Lunatic and Willygoat see the latest updates before heading north. Anyone got their number and can call them?

Lunatic_Fridge
02-28-2015, 09:47 PM
Hopefully Lunatic and Willygoat see the latest updates before heading north. Anyone got their number and can call them?

Thanks Roger, we got a call from TRLNGRL and then contacted 67Jeepstergirl/guy. Back home and in the recliners.

Lunatic Fridge

JGzCrush
03-01-2015, 07:58 AM
I suspect that if the thread had been posted in the "Low Priority (Help) Rescue Assistance" section to begin with many of the people already in Crown King at the time would have been alerted about the broken TJ. Now it is more than three hours later, and no one is sure if help is still needed or not.
]

There is still a major delay in the EAS. When Dave posted the other day, I didn't get the email until 10:30pm! Others were getting scattered messages as well!

ArizonaJeeper
03-01-2015, 08:09 AM
Another post Showing just how great the group here is.

TRLNGRL
03-01-2015, 12:34 PM
Brad called me just now Wanted to let everyone know that he got the part and went up to get his jeep fixed. He said the road was tough in his truck from all the rain. He was able to fix it and now has it back home. He said he will post up later to say thanks to all who started to head out to help last night.

:angel:

Lunatic_Fridge
03-01-2015, 01:18 PM
Awesome, thanks for the update

Lunatic Fridge