PDA

View Full Version : Hackberry Creek/Powerline Trail Headline 5/27/05

RokNRich
05-27-2005, 05:35 PM
This can't be good for the Powerline/Hackberry Creek Trail. Unless I'm confused about the location.

http://www.azcentral.com/business/articles/0527copper27.html

Arizona lawmakers introduced legislation in the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives on Wednesday that would help pave the way for a new underground copper mine near Superior.

Versions of the Southeast Arizona Land Exchange and Conservation Act of 2005 were introduced in the Senate by Sen. Jon Kyl and in the House by Rep. Rick Renzi.

The act would convey 3,155 acres of federal lands to Resolution Copper Co. and the town of Superior in exchange for 4,814 environmentally sensitive acres owned or controlled by Resolution Copper.

Resolution's holdings include 3,073 acres along the lower San Pedro River in Pinal County, the 1,030-acre Appleton Ranch in Santa Cruz County and smaller sites near Superior and north of Phoenix.

Marv Miller
05-30-2005, 06:31 PM
Do you reckon this has anything to do with the drilling/exploration that was going on up there a couple of years ago, near the Oak Flat entrance?? Recall that entrance was closed for awhile, but I heard they would let you out that way.

It sure sounds like Hackberry/Powerline from the article... Climbers like a section of rock along Hackberry creek.