PDA

View Full Version : my 09 white jkr is mia

pigpen
06-23-2014, 03:51 PM
thats right, my jk is missing in arizona. i was waiting for ycso to get back to me to confirm its not in an impound lot. so a long story short. on 6/16/14 around 11:00pm i was on castle hot springs rd east of mile marker 9 when the heep shutdown on me (absolutely no electrical at all). after toying with it for about 15 minutes and realizing i had no cell service where i was i decided to walk to the sr74. before that happened a guy in a white chevy silverado, duramax stopped and offered assistance. after a few failed attempts i asked for a lift to the 74 in which he said no, but ill give ya a ride home. i took his offer and figured id deal with the heep in the morning. well i went back with tools, a battery and a whole bunch of other crap (to make me feel like i had everything covered). i drive back to east of mm 9 and my jk wasnt where i left it. i drove around for about a half a hour before i called mcso. they told me they didnt have it towed, but it wasnt their jurisdiction. turns out it was ycso, so they transferred me over. after giving them the details, they also did not have it towed. so they took my statement and put it in the system as a stolen. they said it could take 48hrs to a week to see if it pops up in the system anywhere. well, here i am a week later and no jk. so if you could, keep your eyes peeled for my jk, i would appreciate it.

tony

tmgarmon
06-23-2014, 03:54 PM
No Friggin' Way!

Cactus Ed
06-23-2014, 03:59 PM
Lame! There's my answer as to why you're lookin' for a seat.

We gotta make sure we make ourselves available to baby sit these rigs when stuff like this happens; that blows heavily. And nothing from YC yet? What about insurance?

aribelin
06-23-2014, 04:01 PM
No Friggin' Way!

X2, that is crazy wrong!

ZJROCKRIG
06-23-2014, 04:02 PM
Sucks man!

On the other hand, you just told me your JK was the biggest POS you owned, so you should be happy....
Collect insurance and upgrade!

(Please take above statement as a funnay sarcastic remark). :)

4wheelinHawkeye
06-23-2014, 04:04 PM
Wow, that really stinks ! All this theft is creeping me out. If my jeep ever breaks down, im sleepin on the hood til help arrives. If i have to hike to call someone, I will flatten the tires and take the battery with me. Well, might be rather heavy, so i might just hide it somewhere.

pigpen
06-23-2014, 04:09 PM
No Friggin' Way!

yep. my insurance company is working like no other to get it paid for and move on which im not to happy about. banks obviously not happy since im not happy. just a crappy ordeal that has pushed me over my limits (so sorry dan for the other post, my bad brother). with this, the stress of work lately, and needing a vacation i cant afford, im just burnt out. that said, ill be hitching rides on runs when theres open seats until i scrape money together to build the zj. i planned on doing it, but not for a while from now, so i am unprepared.

tony

pigpen
06-23-2014, 04:14 PM
Wow, that really stinks ! All this theft is creeping me out. If my jeep ever breaks down, im sleepin on the hood til help arrives. If i have to hike to call someone, I will flatten the tires and take the battery with me. Well, might be rather heavy, so i might just hide it somewhere.

i could not agree with you more. i will never leave another vehicle i own, behind again. lesson learned. phoenix sure aint what it once was.....

tony

aheath4
06-23-2014, 04:15 PM
Sorry to hear Tony. Hopefully it works out for you one way or the other. My 55th Bday is coming up in 2 weeks, all I'm asking for is a Lojack or something similar. No comprehensive insurance on the cj. Good luck.

Geeepin
06-23-2014, 04:15 PM
Dude *** !!! Sorry to hear this Brother !!

ZJROCKRIG
06-23-2014, 04:17 PM
yep. my insurance company is working like no other to get it paid for and move on which im not to happy about. banks obviously not happy since im not happy. just a crappy ordeal that has pushed me over my limits (so sorry dan for the other post, my bad brother). with this, the stress of work lately, and needing a vacation i cant afford, im just burnt out. that said, ill be hitching rides on runs when theres open seats until i scrape money together to build the zj. i planned on doing it, but not for a while from now, so i am unprepared.

tony

Your good bro, it's the internet. Also sorry for my rebuttal post to your post. Look at it as buddy's r***ing each other. It's just BS'ing.

Hope your insurance comes through for you. Don't settle man! You got add on's worth something, so get your receipts ready!

ZJROCKRIG
06-23-2014, 04:24 PM
If my jeep ever breaks down, im sleepin on the hood

Why does that come across as pretty damn hot??? LULZ!

OlneyJeeps
06-23-2014, 04:29 PM
AAAAARGH! Sorry to hear of your loss. If you have not read my other posts, I am "insurance guy". Short term advice= get all (as recent as possible) pics together, list of upgrades (may / may not matter based on your policy), any documentation of most recent mileage reading (emissions reports... several years so will also reflect annual mileage so interpolation can be made). PM me if you would like further assistance.

For future reference (along with whoever is reading this)- if you get stuck / break down, GET IT POSTED.... I am always impressed at how quick a "rescue" party is assembled. VJC is family: dysfunctional and *****y as some of us may be, help always seems to come pouring out of the woodwork

Geeepin
06-23-2014, 04:35 PM
For future reference (along with whoever is reading this)- if you get stuck / break down, GET IT POSTED.... I am always impressed at how quick a "rescue" party is assembled. VJC is family: dysfunctional and *****y as some of us may be, help always seems to come pouring out of the woodwork

Sage advice right here.. Sounds like we need to have a Jeep babysitting request if something like this happens again.

OTR-93YJ
06-23-2014, 04:51 PM
Is anyone else suspicious of the silverado driver? He is the only one that knew it was busted and would be sitting all night. Did you get any info on that guy?

aribelin
06-23-2014, 04:52 PM
Is anyone else suspicious of the silverado driver? He is the only one that knew it was busted and would be sitting all night. Did you get any info on that guy?

Kind of what I was thinking.

Cactus Ed
06-23-2014, 05:23 PM

Went out of his way to make sure you'd be a long way from the scene... Gets you out of the picture and gives him an alibi.

willygoat
06-23-2014, 05:35 PM
I am with O T R on this one. He wouldnt take you to the nearby road but would take you all the way home? I smell something rotten. I doubt at this point it would even be recovered in one piece if they found it. So sorry to hear Tony - hope insurance makes you right! Keep us posted! If only that fire extinguisher had waited til that night to discharge!!!!!! Hope anyone who needs to leave a rig posts up for help as soon as they get signal, that could have made one less missing rig here if Mr. Truck guy was not in cahoots with the losers who took it.

pigpen
06-23-2014, 05:41 PM
ive been thinking the same thing, but a white crew cab duramax silverado with an az license plate is a needle in a haystack (direct words from the deputy). its frustarting because i screwed up and it cost me my rig, but i learned my lesson. an expensive and valuable lesson. my ignorance thinking it would be fine for 10hrs before i got back to it is the hardest pill to swallow.

tony

pigpen
06-23-2014, 05:47 PM
worst part is i just spent all that money on upgrades that nobody was going to know about until i went on a run. i was sick of it being "matts old jeep" so i ditched a lot of the parts he put on, and went a different route. the fact that everything that i redid was custom by my friend and i, i will know my parts if they ever surface.

on a side note i just spoke to my insurance company. the call blew me away. i have low rates and figured nothing but the jeep was covered. i was just informed they will pay out on all the parts and service i have had done as long as i have a receipts. so now i have to figure out where i put them. to be continued....

tony

Cactus Ed
06-23-2014, 05:58 PM
worst part is i just spent all that money on upgrades that nobody was going to know about until i went on a run. i was sick of it being "matts old jeep" so i ditched a lot of the parts he put on, and went a different route. the fact that everything that i redid was custom by my friend and i, i will know my parts if they ever surface.

on a side note i just spoke to my insurance company. the call blew me away. i have low rates and figured nothing but the jeep was covered. i was just informed they will pay out on all the parts and service i have had done as long as i have a receipts. so now i have to figure out where i put them. to be continued....
tony

Good news there! Good luck with the paperwork.

pigpen
06-23-2014, 06:02 PM
thanks mike and thanks everyone else ( you too dan haha ). i appreciate the support and hopefully my dumb dumb is an experience everyone else can learn by. i broke rule number one, which i do A LOT and it bit me in the ***, hard. i can hope for the best and it turns up, but i have to move forward as well. thanks to you guys (and gals) it will be easier.

tony

willygoat
06-23-2014, 06:34 PM
Ya know on another note, Mr. Truck guy could have been one shady crazy character, and there is apparently no limit on stupidity or the depths of violence to which folks can sink. The Jeep is insured, so lucky all you may lose is money and "things". We could have been reading a post by someone else that they found your Jeep but you were missing - or worse. Just food for thought!

aribelin
06-23-2014, 06:41 PM
Ya know on another note, Mr. Truck guy could have been one shady crazy character, and there is apparently no limit on stupidity or the depths of violence to which folks can sink. The Jeep is insured, so lucky all you may lose is money and "things". We could have been reading a post by someone else that they found your Jeep but you were missing - or worse. Just food for thought!

This why lots of carry when we are out in the boonies wheeling!

azgypsy
06-23-2014, 07:24 PM
Dang that's some bad news!
Sorry to hear it!

djui5
06-23-2014, 08:11 PM
Wow man, this sucks. Sorry

aroundincircles
06-23-2014, 08:28 PM
what is that, 2 jeeps from the forum in less than 2 weeks? that's crazy...

4wheelinHawkeye
06-23-2014, 10:04 PM
Why does that come across as pretty damn hot??? LULZ!

Oh, I would wait for the engine to cool off. LoL ... JK. ;-)

pigpen
06-23-2014, 10:10 PM
thanks again guys. i just wish i had current pics to show you all what was done. other than it being white still, not much was left untouched. bumpers, cage, tire carrier and the list goes on. and just in case you were wondering how some of my parts wound up on others rides, i sold quite a bit of it to a few people on here so they knew my plans, just didnt reveal it was already done. so bummed i dont have a single pic.

tony

TreeKiller
06-24-2014, 04:06 AM
Wow, just saw this man. Sorry to hear this has happened. If you're on fb, I recommend posting the story and photos to every off road related Group / board that you possibly can ASAP. We have a lot of brothers and sisters in different clubs who share both a passion for wheeling and a hate for thieves, so will help spread the search net much more than just the cops can.

Keyboard Cowboy

metalman
06-24-2014, 04:50 AM
I'm with Michele, i'll sleep in mine before leaving it alone

AZXJ
06-24-2014, 06:48 AM
sorry to hear of your loss.

ArizonaJeeper
06-24-2014, 06:58 AM
Damn Tony....

VERY sorry to hear this happened to you, BUT glad you had insurance and sounds like they are taking care of you.

Best of luck, and if we can help out w/anything please let me know.

pigpen
06-24-2014, 07:03 AM
thanks again everyone. and john, it is appreciated brother.

tony

Chili
06-24-2014, 08:13 AM
Sorry pigpen, here's hoping you get a big fat insurance check.

Cactus Ed
06-24-2014, 08:19 AM
Sorry pigpen, here's hoping you get a big fat insurance check.

Whoa. Had to get my glasses - I thought that said "chick".

Chili
06-24-2014, 08:29 AM
Whoa. Had to get my glasses - I thought that said "chick".

LOL! Clearly you have mistaken me for azgypsydave.

pigpen
06-24-2014, 08:45 AM
hahahaha too funny

tony

tmgarmon
06-24-2014, 10:06 AM
Hey Tony!

Thanks for the light brackets brother! Don't get too used to that VW!

Can't wait to see the ZJ built!

Will E
06-24-2014, 10:26 AM
The sad news is if you flattened the tires and disabled it the jerks would take what they could and ruin the rest. The only way I would leave is if someone's life was in danger. I might walk a little for cell phone sig but otherwise I am sticking with it. I don't wheel alone, so that's a big help. I actually prefer a small group of at least three rigs. You never know who you might meet out there.

I am sorry to hear about your rig. You would have thought 10 hours wouldn't have been a big deal and it shouldn't have been. a*******

pigpen
06-24-2014, 10:44 AM
Hey Tony!

Thanks for the light brackets brother! Don't get too used to that VW!

Can't wait to see the ZJ built!

no prob tom, hope you enjoy em. and I cant guarantee anything with the vw. it rides nice and the gas mileage is insane. I averaged 44mpg @ 70 with the ac on on the way home from your place yesterday. I could get used to that.... :)

tony

pigpen
06-24-2014, 10:48 AM
The sad news is if you flattened the tires and disabled it the jerks would take what they could and ruin the rest. The only way I would leave is if someone's life was in danger. I might walk a little for cell phone sig but otherwise I am sticking with it. I don't wheel alone, so that's a big help. I actually prefer a small group of at least three rigs. You never know who you might meet out there.

I am sorry to hear about your rig. You would have thought 10 hours wouldn't have been a big deal and it shouldn't have been. a*******

my intentions were to just get to the 74 to get signal and call my brother for help. but the guy offered and I figured it was best to get home and get what I need to try and get it going but I failed. obviously 10 hours was enough time for somebody to get it :( and to clarify, I know I broke rule number one and wheeled "alone". only reason I didn't think twice about it is I have a couple cousins that live out there and I travel that road all the time. unfortunately, the odds were not in my favor that evening.

tony

Will E
06-24-2014, 10:59 AM
I break that rule on occasion too...

ArizonaJeeper
06-24-2014, 11:04 AM
I break that rule on occasion too...

Guilty of doing that myself.

This thread might keep us on pavement a little more often during our excursions.

Best of luck Tony, and Hell.....let the ZJ transformations begin. :D

pigpen
06-24-2014, 11:24 AM
I knew I was not the only one. like I said, if my experience can be a lesson learned for not only myself but to others as well, then so be it. its not a good way to learn but sometimes this is what it takes. again, thanks for the support everyone, it is sincerely appreciated.

tony

ArizonaJeeper
06-24-2014, 11:31 AM
Tony,

You are a good dude, Kath and I only hope the best for you and are here if we can help w/anything.
J

Begz
06-24-2014, 12:28 PM
Sheesh man. Was the new cage and Atlas already in it?

pigpen
06-24-2014, 01:18 PM
cage, bumpers, and tire carrier were done and installed. the atlas is sitting at my friends shop waiting to be installed but that's not going to happen now. fortunately I have someone that's going to take that off my hands for what I paid so im good there.

tony

pigpen
06-24-2014, 01:19 PM
Tony,

You are a good dude, Kath and I only hope the best for you and are here if we can help w/anything.
J

thanks brother. love ya guys

tony

metalman
06-24-2014, 01:47 PM
collect the ins and pay it off. hopefully you had Gap ins. put your future missing jeep payments into the zj along with the atlas

ArizonaJeeper
06-24-2014, 01:54 PM
thanks brother. love ya guys

tony
We feel the same my friend.

collect the ins and pay it off. hopefully you had Gap ins. put your future missing jeep payments into the zj along with the atlas
I like Barry's line of thinking. :D

pigpen
06-24-2014, 02:02 PM

with the exception of the atlas (since its already sold), this is the plan for the zj. so far its looking like I will break even with this so theres a bit of good news. its going to be a while before the zj hits a trail, but when it does ohhhh boy :)

tony

Panzer
06-25-2014, 02:46 PM
Dude! That sucks! Now you can get a much cooler TJ! <snicker>

pigpen
06-25-2014, 02:51 PM
Dude! That sucks! Now you can get a much cooler TJ! <snicker>

hahaha not quite. if the jk doesn't turn up, then im building the zj. its the only jeep I really need.

tony