PDA

View Full Version : Date Change for the "Too Broke for Sturgis" Rally

OTR-93YJ
06-05-2014, 04:22 PM
They moved the date a little earlier hoping to prevent so much mud.

http://www.toobrokeforsturgis.com/

OTR-93YJ
06-16-2014, 10:14 AM
All loaded up and ready to go!!

aroundincircles
06-16-2014, 10:20 AM
I find your shirt very ironic.

TreeKiller
06-16-2014, 10:31 AM
I was actually going to try to get up to the Mormon Lake area for this. There are some good camp spots not far outside of Munds Park that are not very well known, so not very crowded, but with the date change and my business travel schedule, I am not feeling up to camping that weekend.

Scott

OTR-93YJ
06-16-2014, 10:40 AM
I was actually going to try to get up to the Mormon Lake area for this. There are some good camp spots not far outside of Munds Park that are not very well known, so not very crowded, but with the date change and my business travel schedule, I am not feeling up to camping that weekend.

Scott

It's going to be hotter this year but hopefully not as much mud. The last two years we spent a lot time picking bikes up from the mud and pulling out trucks and trailers. You're welcome in my camp anytime.

I find your shirt very ironic.

Good, I was afraid it was going to be too subtle...

TreeKiller
06-16-2014, 10:49 AM
It's going to be hotter this year but hopefully not as much mud. The last two years we spent a lot time picking bikes up from the mud and pulling out trucks and trailers. You're welcome in my camp anytime.

Thanks man, I appreciate that. I don't have a bike, but have been to the real Sturgis (not when bike week was going on LOL) and would enjoy checking out this one in the Jeep. I have a few friends who will be there this weekend and one is in one of the bands that will be playing. Next year for sure!

Scott

OTR-93YJ
06-16-2014, 11:08 AM
It's a bike rally but you don't need a bike. It's 35.00 for the weekend pass and they'll collect it from anyone that wants to pay it! But, after going you'll probably be in the market for one!

BTW, does anyone know of a breakfast place on the north side payson? We plan to ride down for breakfast each day but don't really want to go all the way into town.

TreeKiller
06-16-2014, 02:35 PM
Damn man, Payson is a long way to go each day, unless you're just looking for a reason to ride in nicer weather. Where is camp?

Munds park is much closer (off I17) and has a few restaurants. Pinewood Restaurant has good breakfast. Edit: Except you have to take forest roads to get there....

For north Payson, not quite in town, try this place. Can't go wrong: http://www.yelp.com/biz/petes-place-cabaret-star-valley :angel:

OTR-93YJ
06-16-2014, 03:29 PM
We like to burn a tank of fuel each day, or close to it. Riding in the pines is sweet. No forest roads for road bikes. Trying to avoid freeways this time as well. It'll be way to hot to hit Winslow or Page, and I'm tired of Sedona.

Pete's place.....Not sure the gals will like it, but I'm not going to tell them what it is till we get there! breakfast is served!!

That's out on 260 towards heber, right? I'm hoping to find something north of the 260/87 intersection.

TreeKiller
06-16-2014, 03:53 PM
We like to burn a tank of fuel each day, or close to it. Riding in the pines is sweet. No forest roads for road bikes. Trying to avoid freeways this time as well. It'll be way to hot to hit Winslow or Page, and I'm tired of Sedona.

Pete's place.....Not sure the gals will like it, but I'm not going to tell them what it is till we get there! breakfast is served!!

That's out on 260 towards heber, right? I'm hoping to find something north of the 260/87 intersection.

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=breakfast&find_loc=payson&ns=1&ls=138e7e12871c8a37#l=g:-111.27806484191893,34.397430670557554,-111.49367153137206,34.25566640830866

metalman
06-16-2014, 04:08 PM
It's a bike rally but you don't need a bike. It's 35.00 for the weekend pass and they'll collect it from anyone that wants to pay it! But, after going you'll probably be in the market for one!

BTW, does anyone know of a breakfast place on the north side payson? We plan to ride down for breakfast each day but don't really want to go all the way into town.

the earlybird café in pine is good. i'll be there this coming weekend

OTR-93YJ
06-16-2014, 04:37 PM
http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=breakfast&find_loc=payson&ns=1&ls=138e7e12871c8a37#l=g:-111.27806484191893,34.397430670557554,-111.49367153137206,34.25566640830866

Wow, all but one is in Pine.

OTR-93YJ
06-16-2014, 04:38 PM
the earlybird café in pine is good. i'll be there this coming weekend

That's probably what we'll end up doing. Have breakfast there then just run into Payson for the ride.

Thanks.

Huck
06-17-2014, 08:49 AM
Have a blast and play safe! I'm pulling out for 2 weeks in CO, on the 25th or I would have made the putt up the hill.
The shirt is funny. I've got a couple of shirts that state the direct opposite of yours, however, I have trailered my Panhead to events and will be trailering the RoadKing and TJ, up to CO... So, maybe I need both versions. Lol
Enjoy!

For the unhealthy, the best chicken fried steak and eggs in the state can be had at the Bee Line Cafe, in Payson. IMHO. Always makes a great excuse for an AM ride up the hill.

OTR-93YJ
06-17-2014, 09:41 AM
Thanks Huck. I'll look that up. Ride safe up there.

I have shirts that say "I trailered mine" that I wear when I ride it. LOL. I just like the irony I guess. If you change your mind and decide to day trip it, look me up. I'll Pm you my number. I'll have plenty of food and drink.

OTR-93YJ
06-17-2014, 09:43 AM
All ready to go. I can't wait. I always have a good time at this rally.

Matrix311
06-17-2014, 10:01 AM
Have fun! My parents live in the real Sturgis in SD and i've been to the rally many times growing up since thats where I'm from. I would like to check out this 2 broke for sturgis rally sometime. Unfortunately I sold my motorcycle to buy my Jeep. I still have all my biker gear though :)

TreeKiller
06-17-2014, 10:15 AM
Have fun! My parents live in the real Sturgis in SD and i've been to the rally many times growing up since thats where I'm from. I would like to check out this 2 broke for sturgis rally sometime. Unfortunately I sold my motorcycle to buy my Jeep. I still have all my biker gear though :)

Let's go next year bro, so long as it doesn't fall on the dates of your Boji trip again. Can camp in that spot we've hit before outside of Munds Park or with OTR or other folks closer to Mormon Lake. I'm sure Terra will be going back if she is still dating that guy that's in one of the bands.

Scott

OTR-93YJ
06-17-2014, 10:28 AM
If you're going to do it you might as well camp in the event venue next to me. Like I said, they charge you the same to get in whether you are camped in the woods and just coming in for the games and wet T-shirt contest, What?, or camping inside the area.

There are guys in the RV park that have jeeps up there that go out on runs daily on the weekends. Mine was one of them the last two years but I couldn't swing it this year.

OTR-93YJ
06-17-2014, 10:30 AM

The Too Broke is very popular because it's "old School" compared to the modern Sturgis. A lot of bikes carry tents and the focus is on the biker/bike games. There's no big name vendors or anything like that, either.

being it is old school, the women in the contests are normally 40+! LOL.

Huck
06-17-2014, 12:51 PM
Thanks Huck. I'll look that up. Ride safe up there.

I have shirts that say "I trailered mine" that I wear when I ride it. LOL. I just like the irony I guess. If you change your mind and decide to day trip it, look me up. I'll Pm you my number. I'll have plenty of food and drink.

Got your PM and will reach out, if I head up that way. Think my girl has a work event, Saturday evening, that requires significant others to attend. Woot woot, not exactly the slow drags or wet T shirt contest…..