PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Assistance Needed in Goodyear: 220V Welder Outlet Installation

CodyPs85
03-06-2014, 11:36 AM
Hi Fellas,

My house in Goodyear was built in November of 2012. I need to add a 220 volt outlet in my garage for the Hobart Handler 190 that I just ordered. My breaker is literally on the wall outside of where I would like the outlet.

I looked at several posts and videos online but want to error on the side of caution. It is important that this outlet is up to code and safe because I would like to sell the house sometime in the future. I was hoping that an electrician could help me out. I am willing to buy all of the parts, some beers, food, or labor cost.

PM me if you can help! Thanks!

Type Of Output Direct Current/Constant Voltage (DCICV)
Rated Weld Output 120 Amperes, 21.5 Volts DC, 30% Duty Cycle
Type Of Input Power Single-Phase; 60 Hz; At 230 Volts AC
Input Amps At Rated Output 20.5A
KVAIKW Used At Rated Output 4.7 kVN 3.88 kW
Max. Open-Circuit Voltage 31 Volts DC
Control Circuit Voltage At Gun 24 Volts DC

Cody P

P.S. I would also like to talk to someone about adding a light in the backyard and a can light in the front porch to eliminate my coach light, but those are way down the priority list! LOL.

62willy
03-06-2014, 12:47 PM
Cody,
I'm not an electrician, but I play one on t.v. and I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once. I can wire it up and make sure it meets code (and more importantly, is safe). Technically thought I think you need to pull a permit and have an inspection. Not doing those should not affect future sales though like not getting an additional room permitted would.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

jesse wright
03-06-2014, 03:49 PM
You dont need a permit unless you doing a whole panel doing a single breaker you wont need one. Just went through this with the city and my landlord as they had to replace my electric panel and learned alot. On the side note it not to hard to wire up a 220 breaker I just did it for me compressor. Catch is num 1 big enough breaker num 2 correct gauge wiring and you'll be set

jesse wright
03-06-2014, 03:49 PM
O i wont forget to mention I hate electricity and got it done :)

CodyPs85
03-06-2014, 04:34 PM
Thanks guys! I appreciate the info.

62Willy - PM sent

62willy
03-12-2014, 04:25 AM
Cody, sorry I couldn't make it over yesterday. Maybe later in the week if you don't get it done by then.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

CodyPs85
03-14-2014, 01:15 PM
No problem, Bill. I installed the outlet and it works great. Hope everything is okay with your Jeep.