weekends.

*Some of the questions we are asking are listed below
- please submit those you have at the meeting or to
GlamisOnLine@earthlink.net )
by March 31st.*

1. Is a red tail light required at the ISDRA even if you are not
riding at
night?

2. Is a brake light required to be legal at the ISDRA?

3. Is there reciprocity between Ariz. and Calif. regarding street
legal ATV's
and Golf Carts?

4. Is a light required on your whip if you are riding at night?

5. Is it illegal to ride double in Calif. and Ariz. if the
manufacture says
the ATV is designed for two people?

6. If it is legal to ride double on an ATV that is designed for two
by the manufacture.
Then if a regular ATV is modified with the same equipment, is it
legal to ride
double on it?

7. Are the sound limits in Calif. just for ATV's and motorcycles or
all off
road vehicles?

8. Some people have received tickets at the ISDRA for no spark
arrestor, why
would this apply when there isn't a danger of starting a fire? What
does the
spark arrestor law say? Isn't there a common sense factor that should
be applied?
Is this a matter of the letter of the law vs. the spirit of the law?
Are spark
arrestors required on an OHV's equipped with a turbo charger?

9. Can you ride your Ariz. street legal Golf cart or ATV on
maintained roads
in Calif.?

10. Does an Ariz. resident with a Ariz. RV plate on their ATV,
Sandrail, or
Golf cart need to buy a non-resident sticker from Calif. to be legal
in Calif.
to ride Off Road?

11. If you are riding a motorcycle off-road in Calif., do you need to
wear a
Helmet?

12. Where is it legal to use my unlicensed ATV, Golf Cart, or Sand
rail in Ariz.?

13. In Calif., is it legal to drive an OHV off road if your driver
license has
been revoked?

14. Are most Calif. off road regulations the same as in Ariz. or
Nevada.?

15. When the Calif. Green Sticker program pays for improvements in an
area,
do they continue to fund the maintenance on that improvement?

16. With the visitation that the ISDRA gets, why doesn't that area
get more
Green Sticker money?

17. Do the land managers and the law enforcement agencies have a
responsibility
to identify and correct inconsistent development and application of
laws and
rules in adjacent recreation areas? Within a single agency, across
state lines
and among similar local, state and federal agencies? If so, what is
the process
for doing so? How can the OHV community help? (i.e., burning pallets
and dumping
gray water-BLM Barstow and El Centro Field Office rules are not the
same)

18. Are fireworks illegal in a Government directed area such as the
dunes? What
is enforcement policy?

19. Why isn't the Border Patrol more active in law enforcement in the
dunes?

The American Sand Association

Unite, Inform and Mobilize

BobnJeep
03-21-2005, 04:34 PM
Mention to them that we don't want to learn anything from Californians on environmental issues, and we'd appreciate if they would stick to screwing themselves and leave us alone. Of course we will continue to sell them power, since they can't produce it themselves.

AZXJ
03-21-2005, 11:08 PM
Umm what's wrong with going to the meeting and voicing your own opinion.. ?? Or are you like lots of others that just want other people to do the work for them.?? Not trying to be a smart *** or anything.. But it kinda just blows my mind how many people aren't willing to step up and voice thier own opinions at meetings let alone show up.. I know I do.... California has a major impression on this state... Being a native of this state I see it everywhere.. Why you ask... Over crowding.. Cheap land, cheap housing, FREE SPACES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but if we don't stand up now and fight we will loose them all just as California is doing... So BobnJeep.. Go to the meeting and SPEAK UP!!!! I'll be there to shake your hand when your done.. :)

QueenGlamis
03-22-2005, 05:57 AM
Mention to them that we don't want to learn anything from Californians on environmental issues, and we'd appreciate if they would stick to screwing themselves and leave us alone. Of course we will continue to sell them power, since they can't produce it themselves.

BobnJeep,
As a duner for a long time, and a Jeeper for a short time, just thought I'd give you some info on the ASA. The ASA is a national org that has really been at the forefront of a fight against the enviro wackos. Their primary focus has been the Imperial Sand Dune Area in CA and trying to legally fight the CBD (from Tucson), Sierra Club and the like. They are very interested in all offroad groups and supporting them. I encourage you to go to the meeting, they are usually very informitive. In my opinion, no matter what kind of offroading we all do, we are in the fight together. Surprisingly the ASA is stronger (more meetings, business supporters etc) in AZ than CA or any other state. And if you think for one second that the enviros are too busy in CA and the dunes to mess with desert offroaders in AZ than you are sadly mistaken.
Go to the meeting, you may be surprised at what a good time it is! :cool:

My1stJeep
03-22-2005, 03:41 PM
We all need to go to all meetings. The ASA is an organization we can take alot of insight from on how to organize and get things done. They have fought hard and been able to win some.

I do rock crawl and run the dunes with my Jeep. I have attended both land use meetings for rock crawling and dunes.

This is strictly my opinion based on conversations with a couple of ASA members.

The knew that the rock crawlers came out in force to help them at the big meeting at Phoenix College. So I approached them about teaming up so we could help each other out. You would have thought I put a million tons of lead into that idea. Their board member response to working towards this was "We have a hard enough time getting our guys to show up for dune issues, let alone any other". My take is that they have no problem accepting the help of the rock crawlers, but are not willing to help. This is also not from one conversation, I have received this same type answer during multiple conversations and emails sent to them. To me it really ticks me off, and while I agree they do a great job at working on the dune issues and going to battle, they are not willing to lift a finger to assist us in our rock crawling issues.

I will still attend both as I have a vested interest in both types of wheeling. I still do think both OHV user groups should help each other out, but I can see why many of the rock crawlers don't go out of their way to help the duners, especially if they have received similar answers to what I have.

Any of you in this group have any pull with the ASA you may want to address this issue with them. Both sides presenting a unified larger group would be much better than 2 separate smaller ones.

Just my opinion... <Flame Suit On>

BobnJeep
03-22-2005, 04:31 PM
BobnJeep,
As a duner for a long time, and a Jeeper for a short time, just thought I'd give you some info on the ASA. The ASA is a national org that has really been at the forefront of a fight against the enviro wackos. Their primary focus has been the Imperial Sand Dune Area in CA and trying to legally fight the CBD (from Tucson), Sierra Club and the like. They are very interested in all offroad groups and supporting them. I encourage you to go to the meeting, they are usually very informitive. In my opinion, no matter what kind of offroading we all do, we are in the fight together. Surprisingly the ASA is stronger (more meetings, business supporters etc) in AZ than CA or any other state. And if you think for one second that the enviros are too busy in CA and the dunes to mess with desert offroaders in AZ than you are sadly mistaken.
Go to the meeting, you may be surprised at what a good time it is! :cool:
:o Oh my mouth gets me in trouble a lot :o

When someone mentions "California" and "Environment" in the same sentence, I'm sure I'm not alone in assuming it's a bad statement.
The above quote is great info! I'll drive down from Prescott and be at this meeting, since it's on a Saturday, and I owe an amends for previous indescresions :o

QueenGlamis
03-23-2005, 07:29 PM
No worries Bob! :D We will see ya there. May bring the Jeep, not sure becuase we haven't got the bigger bench in the back to fit all 3 kids back there yet. :o