PDA

View Full Version : Trying to figure out how to Increase Visibility of Land Use Issues

Joe West
12-31-2003, 10:19 AM
Hi Hackle,

I'm reviewing the BBS technical documents to try and figure out how to make land use issues show up on the calendar in Red...

I'll let you know when I figure it out.

Joe

Hackle
12-31-2003, 02:31 PM
Thanks Joe.
Jim F.

mchat
01-01-2004, 07:02 PM
I know that the BBS software can notify users of a post in a "subscribed" forum. Perhaps there is a way to automatically (force) subscribe each user to the land use issues forum.

This way, at least, every user will get an e-mail notifying them that something has been posted here.

ChrisK
01-01-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by mchat
I know that the BBS software can notify users of a post in a "subscribed" forum. Perhaps there is a way to automatically (force) subscribe each user to the land use issues forum.

This way, at least, every user will get an e-mail notifying them that something has been posted here.
I like that idea. Is it possible Joe?

Joe West
01-03-2004, 09:17 PM
Let me take a look and see... I'm pretty sure I can force them to subscribe and I can set them up to receive emails... the question is, will we alienate people by this action? Perhaps because of the FLOOD of emails from yahoo-groups... they won't mind getting a land use email once in awhile.

I'll check it out and let you guys know.

Joe

JamesT
01-04-2004, 07:44 AM
Joe, I believe in one of those forums I posted, in Suggestions and Problems, their is a mod to the BBS that would work for the "more visability" issue, I think it lets thing from one specific forum be cross posted to all forums.