PDA

View Full Version : A bike junk yard??

daniel
06-03-2013, 07:53 PM
Anyone know of one?? In town. I have at last got a bike a Harley 883. I was going down the freeway I my kick stand fell off :| So I need a new one but the cheapest one that I could find is 50 so I thought Id ask here. Also If anyone wants to go for a ride after I get one let me know I am free most weekends:laugh2:

azgypsy
06-03-2013, 08:14 PM
bigt1842 & WJBRILLO RIDE! SEND EM pm'S!
theres a bone yard up in rye az on 87 towards payson!

blazerv10
06-03-2013, 08:17 PM
bobs use cycles

wj_brillo
06-03-2013, 08:56 PM
Just go over to fenom fab, I bet they could make a cool one.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

RimWheeler
06-03-2013, 09:20 PM
bobs use cycles

X2 on bobs cycle.

Sent from my LG-VS700 using Tapatalk 2

daniel
06-04-2013, 03:52 AM
thanks for the info

2equisYJ
06-04-2013, 06:27 AM
bigt1842 & WJBRILLO RIDE! SEND EM pm'S!
theres a bone yard up in rye az on 87 towards payson!

The guy up on 87 will probably charge you more for a used one than you would pay for new. His prices are nuckin futs

Sent with my DROID RAZR HD from inside your house

RimWheeler
06-04-2013, 10:51 AM
The guy up on 87 will probably charge you more for a used one than you would pay for new. His prices are nuckin futs

Sent with my DROID RAZR HD from inside your house

Yep. And that's if he WANTS to sell it!
I once spent 2hrs fishing around for a project there, finaly dug up an old mini bike and After he Watched me move about 2 tons of his scrap, dug it out of 2' of dirt and drug it up to the front of the shop. He told me it wasn't for sale! I was 40' in front of him! He could have yelled that out an hr previous but no... Just let me dig up his stuff that he didn't even know he had.

Its been 20yrs and I haven't been back. All I ever hear are horror stories on prices and repeats of my experience.

wj_brillo
06-04-2013, 10:56 AM
Yep. And that's if he WANTS to sell it!
I once spent 2hrs fishing around for a project there, finaly dug up an old mini bike and After he Watched me move about 2 tons of his scrap, dug it out of 2' of dirt and drug it up to the front of the shop. He told me it wasn't for sale! I was 40' in front of him! He could have yelled that out an hr previous but no... Just let me dig up his stuff that he didn't even know he had.

Its been 20yrs and I haven't been back. All I ever hear are horror stories on prices and repeats of my experience.

That's a bunch of crap, that mini bike would have been mine, or I'd have invoiced him for my labor lol.

johnstd
06-04-2013, 08:36 PM
Yes, the guy in Rye (on 87) has crazy prices. I asked for a fuel cap for my CT 70....I just about fell over.

daniel
06-07-2013, 01:53 PM
I called bobs and he does not deal with real bikes :smilielol5: I guess just imports :puke: So I guess Ill have to buy a new one but man the cheapest I could find one was 50 bones at ram Jet Racing so as soon as I get that its time to go for a ride Ill post up when I go I have not made the run to Payson yet and sounds like a cool run. Again thanks for the help guys

chopped7
06-07-2013, 02:20 PM
Was this the bob you called. I think there are 2 different ones. Too late now but maybe for future reference.

http://www.bobscyclesupply.com/

OTR-93YJ
06-07-2013, 02:43 PM
I called bobs and he does not deal with real bikes :smilielol5: I guess just imports :puke:

Really can't blame him for that; a lot less parts to stock on the shelves.

Don't feel alone, though. There's a guy I know whose kick stand fell off on three different rides (that I was on, no telling how many others). It finally popped up and hit a another guy in the shoulder so they asked a "import" rider to fix it so it wouldn't happen again.:laugh2:

daniel
06-08-2013, 05:51 AM
really can't blame him for that; a lot less parts to stock on the shelves.

Don't feel alone, though. There's a guy i know whose kick stand fell off on three different rides (that i was on, no telling how many others). It finally popped up and hit a another guy in the shoulder so they asked a "import" rider to fix it so it wouldn't happen again.:laugh2:

lol :D

OTR-93YJ
06-11-2013, 10:39 AM
I had forgetten about mid-city motorcycle repair in glendale. I saw a T-shirt over the weekend. They have some used parts. might give them a try.

vin man
06-11-2013, 11:39 AM
For the Harley Used Parts, you want this Bob's on University around 40th street - http://www.bobscyclesupply.com/

Yep - All Bikes in Rye is not worth the stop. I've had same experience as everyone else. They owner is a hoarder. It's not really for sale. If it is, it might as well be gold. Don't waste your time, you are only encouraging the owner. I just flip him off I drive by and say FTGIR (F The Guy In Rye)

daniel
06-16-2013, 05:29 PM
I called all the places everybody is telling me about and no one has it for my year of bike :\ I have not gotten one yet but will in the next few weeks. Again thanks for all that helped me out with this

azgypsy
06-16-2013, 07:55 PM
the reason the guy in rye dont give a crap about us here in az is because he triples his price thru the WORLD WIDE WEB!
HE GETS HIS PRICE TOO,,,,, NO QUESTIONS ASKED! all around the world!

daniel
08-11-2013, 07:15 AM
I got a stand for the bike I am almost always ready to go for a ride!!! I am free most weekends and will go on the drop of a dime as long as I don't have paintball stuff going on that comes first for me :D
give me a call or text

azgypsy
08-11-2013, 09:06 AM
Are ya paintballing at wildwest paintball? send a PM to wjbrillo he rides the weekends too on his 883!

daniel
08-11-2013, 09:27 AM
Are ya paintballing at wildwest paintball? send a PM to wjbrillo he rides the weekends too on his 883!

I like wildwest but now that fighter town is back Ill go there if I play at a field he is closer to me then Joe but his field is badass. Ill shoot him a pm next time I go out thx