PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma Relief

Love Monkey
05-21-2013, 03:22 PM
I hope this is a good place for this, please move it if not.

As some of you know, I have a lot of friends in Oklahoma. That is where my biggest Jeep family is from and they have taken care of me over the years. I have spent the past couple days making sure I know everyone is accounted for and thankfully, it didn't hit anyone I know personally. It is still close to home though.

There are a lot of donation groups and Military Jeepers helping. There are church groups, local stores like Best Buy, and 4WP is doing a big donation.

For us, if you would like to help, every bit makes a difference. I will post some info below. Please, if you don't believe in donating or don't like the Red Cross, keep your comments to yourself. Thank you.

"Homes in Moore. These are just a few of the hundreds damaged or destroyed. The Red Cross is here to help everyone affected by tornadoes in Oklahoma over the last 2 days. You can help by making a donation at www.redcross.org or texting the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation."

There is also a company in Broken Arrow, near Tulsa doing relief bracelets. ALL proceeds Moore & Shawnee Tornado Relief fund by Tulsa Community Foundation
http://idtulsa.net/shop/okie-bracelet

Love Monkey
05-21-2013, 06:33 PM
Additional way to help

https://moore.recovers.org/

jesse wright
05-21-2013, 09:16 PM
I wish I could help I watched a hr episode on channel 10 and it was heart wrenching some of the things that the people said. My prayer acc thoughts are with them all.

Love Monkey
05-22-2013, 02:44 AM
I'm the person who wants to go every time I see tragedy & help people. I actually stopped watching the news years ago for that reason. With this being so close to the people I care about, I've overwhelmed myself with info & its been emotional.

I donated & figured the least I could do was spread the word about how people could also donate.

Its very heart warming to see how all the Okies, especially the Jeep Peeps are coming together for those that were affected. They're meeting out there in groups with recovery gear to help. Certainly gives one a little more hope for humanity.