PDA

View Full Version : Another recovery!

azgypsy
03-30-2013, 11:28 PM
I'LL POST THIS FOR JOE(PBKING)
DAVIDC. AND MYSELF will be assisting joe on another recovery first thing on sunday morning for 2 P/U's that are stuck at the bottom of a big hill outside of globe area. were hoping the 2 2-wheel drive trucks are an easy pull and are not expecting to have problems with this one! we'll meet the owners at a motel where their staying at around 7 am and go from there!
THATS ALL WE KNOW FOR NOW! we'll be sure to post more on our return to town! hopefully before 3pm!

David C
03-31-2013, 01:42 PM
We are back in Globe. Got the trucks out, no problem.

azgypsy
03-31-2013, 04:44 PM
yup,,,, like dave said were back and all are safe!
includeing the 2 other trucks! lol
pics to come!

azgypsy
03-31-2013, 04:52 PM
heres a few pics for ya!

Brodie3Az
03-31-2013, 05:25 PM
So, did someone siphon their gas?

ehall
03-31-2013, 05:25 PM
that hill must be way worse than it looks in the picture

aribelin
03-31-2013, 05:27 PM
Good people doing good work, glad everyone is home.

azgypsy
03-31-2013, 05:28 PM
its kinda steep but the deal was,,,,, they only had 2 wheel drive and its a very long uphill climb and very rutty in some places!

Will E
03-31-2013, 07:45 PM
Nice work guys. It was cool to see you at the gas station today. I am glad it was an 'easy' recovery for ya.

Looks like they were smart enough to leave their rigs out of the way. It would take a lot for me to leave my rig 'alone' overnight. But I pack 'emergency' overnight stuff with me so I can avoid such a situation.

David C
03-31-2013, 08:47 PM
3 of the 5 guys stayed and camped with the trucks. The other 2 managed to catch a ride into Globe and stayed at a hotel. An internet search led them to Joe and AZ 4x4 Off Road Recovery. We picked up the 2 guys at 8am and they were on their way home before noon.

They were at the Salt River (Gleason Flat), north of Globe via Haystack Butte Rd.
Map: http://fms.ws/BZZaK/33.77097N/110.68172W
It was 17.5 miles to the river from Hwy 60 - 16 of which were maintained and suitable for any family sedan. The last mile was steep, rocky, unmaintained and narrow with really no place to turn around. So by the time these guys realized that going back up might be a problem, they had little choice but to continue down.

OLM
03-31-2013, 09:07 PM
Nice work guys!

azgypsy
03-31-2013, 09:43 PM
i think joe and david would agree that the guys were very prepared for a situation when they left home! they were very thought out and calm about what to do and were very thankful to us,,,,, also seemed like no drugs or drinking were involved! a 5some that we were glad to HELP!
We might have even recruited one as a new member that owns an XJ! lol

revcooch
03-31-2013, 09:54 PM
Gotta Give a big shout out to Joe,Charlene, Dave, Gypsy Dave and his daughter for coming out there when NO ONE ELSE would. We were blown off by a lot of passer byers and not many recovery companies out there with the capabilities him and his team have. I can promise you you will not find a more experienced or fair man to get you out of your rut. Thanks again. you will always be my first call from now on.

revcooch
03-31-2013, 09:57 PM
i think joe and david would agree that the guys were very prepared for a situation when they left home! they were very thought out and calm about what to do and were very thankful to us,,,,, also seemed like no drugs or drinking were involved! a 5some that we were glad to HELP!
We might have even recruited one as a new member that owns an XJ! lol

We thought we were prepared, we just didnt expect the last leg of the trail to be that bad. To be honest im surprised we were able to get those trucks down without serious damage. next time well bring the jeeps. And your right, no boozing or drugs were used. We were just looking for some kayaking fun.

David C
04-01-2013, 05:40 PM
Gotta Give a big shout out to Joe,Charlene, Dave, Gypsy Dave and his daughter for coming out there when NO ONE ELSE would. We were blown off by a lot of passer byers and not many recovery companies out there with the capabilities him and his team have. I can promise you you will not find a more experienced or fair man to get you out of your rut. Thanks again. you will always be my first call from now on.

Thanks for the comment, glad we could help. Welcome to the VJC!

PBKing
04-01-2013, 09:05 PM
You are welcome guys. Thank you for calling Arizona 4x4 Off Road Recovery. That sure was a beautiful area. Would to go back and do some exploring..

Will E
04-01-2013, 09:07 PM
We thought we were prepared, we just didnt expect the last leg of the trail to be that bad. To be honest im surprised we were able to get those trucks down without serious damage. next time well bring the jeeps. And your right, no boozing or drugs were used. We were just looking for some kayaking fun.

Stuff happens. It sounds like you were ready in case you had problems. You did. Got through it. Good job.