PDA

View Full Version : Yuma Resource Management Plan (RMP)

AZXJ
03-02-2005, 01:42 AM
The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Yuma Field Office will host four public workshop meetings to provide the public the opportunity to learn more about the resource management planning process underway for the Yuma Resource Management Plan (RMP) and an associated Environmental Impact Statement (EIS). The meetings will also allow the public to provide input into the formulation of alternative management strategies. Each public meeting will begin with a brief overview of the RMP/EIS process. The balance of each session will be focus on receiving input from the public on areas of concern that surfaced during the public comment period last summer. Discussion topics will include transportation, recreation, biological resources, and land tenure.

Monday, March 7, 2005, 2 to 4 p.m.
Quartzsite Town Hall, 465 N. Plymouth Avenue, Quartzsite

Tuesday, March 8, 2005, 6 to 8 p.m.
Yuma Civic and Convention Center, 1440 Desert Hills Drive, Yuma

Wednesday, March 9,2005, 6 to 8 p.m.
Antelope High School Auditorium, 9168 S. 36 E, Wellton

Thursday, March 10, 2005, 6 to 8 p.m.
Blythe City Hall Council Chambers, 235 N. Broadway, Blythe

Presently, 1.2 million acres of public lands located within the boundaries of BLM Yuma Field Office are being managed by three resource management plans and several plan amendments. The office is preparing a revised RMP/EIS to consolidate the various plans.

In addition to the meetings, citizens may submit RMP/EIS comments in writing to BLM Yuma Field Office, 2555 E. Gila Ridge Road, Yuma, Arizona 85365, or through the internet at AZ_YM_RMP@BLM.gov. For further information, please contact Micki Bailey at 928-317-3200.

AZXJ
03-03-2005, 03:29 AM
Here is the scoping plan in a brief pdf..

http://www.az.blm.gov/LUP/yuma/scoping/Scoping_Report_partial.pdf

I'd suggest reading it.. I've read most of it and it comes off to me as most of the users are
of the retired age and are anti OHV..........