PDA

View Full Version : 1993 Wrangler, Hydraulic Clutch Line out of commission, Need help badly!

lostdog
03-27-2013, 02:02 PM
Does anyone out there have any idea how I can get my hands on a new or used hydraulic line clutch line? I believe this was the only year where this problem occurs and has been a thorn in my side to try to get fixed. I cannot find one anywhere and from the information I have gathered, the part has been discontinued. Modifying the line has been suggested but don't know where to go or who to turn to.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. I need to get this fixed and am in dire need :banghead:

TreeKiller
03-27-2013, 02:26 PM
Call Raven Industries in Tempe. Talk to Ray or Rico. They have done clutch & hydraulic work in my '93 YJ recently (along with a ton of other stuff over the past couple of years). Tell them you're on VJC.

1847 E 3rd St Tempe, AZ 85281
(480) 559-7873

Scott

lostdog
03-27-2013, 02:32 PM
Will do, thanks Scott. Been battling with this for several months already and keep banging my head on the wall. Definitely like to keep it local and the last guy who's helped me out wasn't really a jeep guy; good mechanic but not sure if he knew the nuances and the niche for jeeps.

TreeKiller
03-27-2013, 02:36 PM
Will do, thanks Scott. Been battling with this for several months already and keep banging my head on the wall. Definitely like to keep it local and the last guy who's helped me out wasn't really a jeep guy; good mechanic but not sure if he knew the nuances and the niche for jeeps.

The Raven guys are Jeep people. They probably have 4 jeeps in their shop right now, and Rico wheels a YJ.

You can also call Andrew with Letzroll Offroad in Mesa. He is a YJ guy (his first buggy, which he still wheels, is a YJ). 480-797-0469

lostdog
03-27-2013, 03:01 PM
Gave Rico a call and will be taking it over to them on Friday. Man, what a relief to know that there is hopefully an end to this madness. Can't believe how difficult and frustrating it is to fix a small and common part but which isn't so easily fixed in the particular year of jeeps.

TreeKiller
03-27-2013, 03:09 PM
Gave Rico a call and will be taking it over to them on Friday. Man, what a relief to know that there is hopefully an end to this madness. Can't believe how difficult and frustrating it is to fix a small and common part but which isn't so easily fixed in the particular year of jeeps.

Awesome -- hopefully they are able to get you squared away. And, if so, make sure to check out the upcoming (April 20) YJ run: http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showthread.php?76020-3rd-Semi-Annual-YJ-Run-Crapshoot-amp-Die-Hard-Table-Mesa&highlight=

Your rig can easily do Crapshoot, and then head over to Lower Terminator for more challenge if you want. If you're interested, post up in the thread, or PM me and I'll put you on the list.

Scott

lostdog
03-27-2013, 03:28 PM
Awesome -- hopefully they are able to get you squared away. And, if so, make sure to check out the upcoming (April 20) YJ run: http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showthread.php?76020-3rd-Semi-Annual-YJ-Run-Crapshoot-amp-Die-Hard-Table-Mesa&highlight=

Your rig can easily do Crapshoot, and then head over to Lower Terminator for more challenge if you want. If you're interested, post up in the thread, or PM me and I'll put you on the list.

Scott

Itching to get this bad-boy back on the trails! Will definitely put it on my radar (permitting if my hydraulic clutch line is fixed by then)

lostdog
04-08-2013, 10:07 AM
Scott,
Got the Hydraulic Clutch line fixed by the Raven Industries guys (Ray and Rico) this past weekend. Thanks so much for the recommendation; Ray and Rico really know jeeps and glad to have the jeep back on the road. Raven Industries Rocks :punk::punk::punk::punk::punk::punk::punk: