PDA

View Full Version : Wheelin' this weekend?!?!?!

Turtle
02-17-2005, 08:46 PM
Welp.. just wonderin' what everyone is plannin' on this weekend? By the looks of it the Cracks idea isn't going to go through... supposed to be wet up there!

Where is everyone wheelin? I was trying to decide whether or not to get out and wheel or hang out at home and work on the rig!

Turtle!

k7mto
02-17-2005, 09:18 PM
No wheelin for me this weekend. I've got some drainage issues to deal with in the backyard and Sunday is Daytona. I plan on going out next weekend for sure.

Griswold
02-17-2005, 09:36 PM
Busy Saturday, but we thought about running something scenic on Sunday due to the water problem we seem to be having. We will probably run 42. I have not been out there since the lake filled up and want to see it full of water. It has been a good 10-12 years since I have seen it full.

Triple-XJ
02-17-2005, 09:48 PM
Welp.. just wonderin' what everyone is plannin' on this weekend? By the looks of it the Cracks idea isn't going to go through... supposed to be wet up there!

Where is everyone wheelin? I was trying to decide whether or not to get out and wheel or hang out at home and work on the rig!

Turtle!

I tried callin 2ice, no luck, straight to voice mail and I didnt leave a stinkin message.

Oldschool and I are lookin fer a wheelin trip... :cool:
We will go ANYWHERE in the AZ area :D even the cracks. What the hell, both the Jeeps have winches and the Wifes would like to stay over-night, cuz you know, the holiday...

You do have first dibs on my trailer for this weekend, so lets do something.

Worst case, would be the White Tanks :rolleyes: ,I know "not again"..
But even worst than that would be TM, cuz the river crossing is :eek: no way.

Shoot me some Idears...

Wind_Danzer
02-17-2005, 10:55 PM
Anyone got a spare seat? I don't think I'll be up and running in time and need a small fix. :D

Turtle
02-18-2005, 05:32 AM
Brian... 42 doesn't sound that bad! I haven't been there in over a year! Is Jennifer goin with ya? I'll talk to Amber and see what she says.

Geno... Sorry bout the phone. I lost it like a week ago and I have not had time to go get a new one. So I left that one activated just for the voicemail. Next time just leave a message... I check them throughout the day.

Thanks for the offer on the trailer, but I think I will have to pass. That is unless I could hook the trailer up behind the Mighty Mitsu Lancer :D Just don't have access to a truck. Thanks again though!

Sunday sounds best for anything.. That way I can fix my junk on Sat. really quick.

Turtle!

Antman
02-18-2005, 07:27 AM
Sorry guys on the Cracks. Its too wet up here. If the rain and stuff lets up. we'll have a cracks run in a week or so. It'll be camping in the cold or find a motel or a long drive home. We will keep the planning for under 5 to 7 days in advance so as to figure in the weather.

Triple-XJ
02-18-2005, 07:35 AM
Sorry guys on the Cracks. Its too wet up here. If the rain and stuff lets up. we'll have a cracks run in a week or so. It'll be camping in the cold or find a motel or a long drive home. We will keep the planning for under 5 to 7 days in advance so as to figure in the weather.

Is it that wet up there ?? :(

We did plan on getting a room...

old school
02-18-2005, 07:40 AM
hey myself and geno and wifes are going to do wheeling this weekend dont be afraid of a little water,water gives the trails a challange whats the purpose of having a rig that you cant wheel when it rains ,come on guys lets
go wheeling if my oldschool built cj can do it then your guys newer rigs can do it to lol :cool:

Antman
02-18-2005, 07:47 AM
hey myself and geno and wifes are going to do wheeling this weekend dont be afraid of a little water,water gives the trails a challange whats the purpose of having a rig that you cant wheel when it rains ,come on guys lets
go wheeling if my oldschool built cj can do it then your guys newer rigs can do it to lol :cool:

As for the Cracks.
Its not a matter of getting wetor muddy. We dont want to tear the trail up. When we wheel there the dirt part would get real rutted up if its wet. after a run when its dry the wind and rain wash the tire tracks out mostly except for the marks on the rock slabs and we want to keep the trail as clean as possible. In other words we dont want big ruts in it.

Be patient guys, it'll happen.

cory
02-18-2005, 07:49 AM
im up for something ... mud springs cancelled so i need something to do...

cory
480 288 9592
1997 xj
4 inch lift
32'' tires

Triple-XJ
02-18-2005, 07:54 AM
Lets just do the same old thing, WHITE TANKS on Saturday

old school
02-18-2005, 07:55 AM
:D hey come on lets do white tanks its all about wheeling i have a winch jeno has a winch im up for anything i have a 30ft trailer im going to be using to haul bothe mine and jeno jeeps lets go :rolleyes:

cory
02-18-2005, 08:52 AM
sounds like a plan where we gonna meet and whats the trail rating?

cory
480 288 9592

Devil Man
02-18-2005, 12:34 PM
frog
Registered User Join Date: Jan 2004

Sportmans Expo Feb 18-20th

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Troy called me today and asked my to post this, 4 wheel parts and TBT are settin up a rock crawlin course at the expo and they need some cool jeeps to strut their stuff!

more info here
i'll call troy tomorrow and see if we get free admission for participating. should be fun.

THIS WEEK--FRIDAY! The 5th annual International Sportsmen’s Exposition (ISE) will present Arizona’s cure for cabin fever during the show’s February 18-20 run at the Arizona State Fairgrounds in Phoenix. In addition to huge retail displays of hot-priced outdoor gear, sportfishing boats and campers, the show spotlight hundreds of lodges, resorts, guides and outfitters from Alaska, Canada, and the western U.S. This once-a-year, outdoor-season kickoff excels in hands-on features and special events for all, including:

FAMILY FUN
• NEW: International Dutch Oven Society Arizona cook-off, with the winning team invited to the World Championship in Utah
• Arizona Outdoors Building, filled with local experts on hiking, camping, fishing, hunting, offroading and all things Arizona...outdoors, hosted by Arizona Department of Game & Fish. Also, huge live-critter display, fishing and shooting simulators, and giant catch-and-release pond, with all gear and guides
• Jeep test track–take an off-road test drive in the newest, hottest Jeep vehicles
• Arizona Bowhunters Association Youth Archery Range

HUNTING
• NEW: Eastmans' Hunting Journal all-new Record Deer Display
• NEW: 4th Annual ISE Elk-Calling Contest, sponsored by the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation. Cash and prizes awarded, plus chance to enter Western Championship. To register, go to: Click here to register
• Giant display and auction of horns, mounts confiscated by the Arizona Department of Game & Fish
• Hunting Theater, with hourly seminars on what, where, when and how. Special guests include Jim Shockey, worldwide hunting authority, world champion goose caller Sean Mann, and world champion elk caller Chad Schearer
• Giant Sporting-Dog Arena, with multi-breed demos by local trainers, and special snake-breaking seminars by local expert Web Parton

SPORTFISHING
• Fishing Theater presentations by local bass, crappie and trout experts, including Art Chamberlin and Bob Hirsch. Plus, fly-fishing tips from authority Jack Dennis
• Hosted by bass pro Kent Brown, the giant aquarium demo tank is filled with live bass, and is site for hourly seminars by local pros
• NEW: Fly-Casting pond, site for seminars, product try-outs and special Discover Fly Fishing program. Sign up for free casting lessons; guide and gear provided
• 2005 Best-of-the-West (BOTW) distance-fly-casting qualifications
• World of Sportfishing Taxidermy display–trout to shark, bass to sailfish

SHOW HOURS: Fri: noon until 7p; Sat: 10a until 7p; Sun: 10a until 5p
http://www.yourrigsucks.com

cory
02-18-2005, 04:07 PM
a friend and i are wanting to do fr42 tomm anyone else? or any better ideas i dont know where white tanks is but if you guys are going can we come?

Triple-XJ
02-18-2005, 04:46 PM
a friend and i are wanting to do fr42 tomm anyone else? or any better ideas i dont know where white tanks is but if you guys are going can we come?

Lets do it
Here is the info, sign up on the "old site"

Arizona Virtual Jeep Club - Trips
South End White Tanks Area - Saturday, February 19, 2005

Trail Rating: 2.0+ Location: West of Phoenix

Trip Leader: brad mcmanis
Trip Date: February 19, 2005
When: saturday 10:00 am
Where: watson rd just north of I-10 exit watson
Est. Length: all day

we plan to run the harder and more difficult trails
4.5-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trip Attendees
Definite: 2
Tentative: 0
Total: 2
brad mcmanis With pamala Definite
Geno H. Definite

Antman
02-18-2005, 05:25 PM
Have fun guys what ever you do tomorrow. I will keep you posted on the conditions and maybe we can do mud springs or the cracks next weekend if the weather clears. :o

Griswold
02-18-2005, 05:52 PM
What about me dammit! :mad: I want to wheel so bad it hurts but can't do anything till Sunday. :(

Wind_Danzer
02-18-2005, 06:14 PM
I thought you guys were doing the Tanks on Sunday. I was hoping to hitch a ride with Eric if the weather was good. :(

Brian, why don't you and Eric plan for something on Sunday? I know he was thinking about going to the Sportsman show tomorrow and running the rock pile. :D

Triple-XJ
02-18-2005, 06:19 PM
What about me dammit! :mad: I want to wheel so bad it hurts but can't do anything till Sunday. :(

Call Eric, he was wanting to wheel on GODS day :)

DrewDog
02-18-2005, 06:24 PM
Anyone planning on running the Tanks on Sunday contact me. Thanks........Drew

Drew Hutchinson
602-697-3929

Wind_Danzer
02-18-2005, 07:23 PM
Hey boys (and gals),

They are calling for heavy rains tomorrow 9am on www.my-cast.com. The only time it looks to clear out is Sunday afternoon but they are talking about showers on and off after the heavy rains tomorrow morning.

yjman
02-18-2005, 08:06 PM
I'll be out there but not on your run. Taking a newbee and a guy in a Land Cruiser out on to run Appetizer and Tax Collector. Hopefully we will see you out there.

Triple-XJ
02-18-2005, 09:00 PM
Hey boys (and gals),

They are calling for heavy rains tomorrow 9am on www.my-cast.com. The only time it looks to clear out is Sunday afternoon but they are talking about showers on and off after the heavy rains tomorrow morning.

We will run RAIN or SHINE :D

Wind_Danzer
02-18-2005, 09:02 PM
We will run RAIN or SHINE :D

It's refreshing to see shades of the East in your words. We would do the same thing, nothing like wheeling in the pouring rain. :D

blackxj2000
02-18-2005, 09:21 PM
Geno i will be there if it rain's.No rain i'll be pig hunting. :D

DsrtJeeper
02-18-2005, 09:24 PM
Geno i will be there if it rain's.No rain i'll be pig hunting. :D

Mark; I told you it wasn't nice to call dating "pig hunting." Now go find yourself a proper woman! :D

Triple-XJ
02-19-2005, 06:57 AM
Mark; I told you it wasn't nice to call dating "pig hunting." Now go find yourself a proper woman! :D

Now thats some funny stuff lol

now snort and squeal baby :D

Wind_Danzer
02-19-2005, 07:37 AM

ROTFLMAO!!!! :D :D :D

yjman
02-19-2005, 03:28 PM
Saw you guys on the trail. Some pretty nice equipment! Guess I have to spend some more bucks to wheel with the big boyz. I was guy in the white jeep with the funky maroon hard top.

cory
02-19-2005, 04:01 PM
hey we got the jeep out of there and back on the road at1445 just fyi ...:)

ps......had fun lets do it again when my jeep grows up lol

cory

Triple-XJ
02-19-2005, 07:05 PM
hey we got the jeep out of there and back on the road at1445 just fyi ...:)

ps......had fun lets do it again when my jeep grows up lol

cory

Glad too se it gone,
on our way back we ran the falls again, all the way up the wash looking fer yall,

I'll start a trip report tonight with sone pics.... GREAT WHEEIN TODAY :)

blackxj2000
02-19-2005, 08:03 PM
Definitely a good day.We all had a good time.Cory glad to see you all got it out.Now i just have to get some taillight's that don't break. :(