call me for her # / update (I am taking my girls to school

602-487-6979

OlneyJeeps
08-27-2012, 09:27 AM
Situation (addt'l info) : stopped for fuel, restart = "click"
Bat shows <3V
Attempted jump, long 2000rpm charge got to 6V, still nothing
without jump cables, shows <3V again

If no one in Mesa, I will be on road in couple minutes (am at least 45min away)

WRMorrison
08-27-2012, 09:33 AM
I'm stuck at work in Phoenix, or I'd be there...

-WRM

ShmUDE
08-27-2012, 09:39 AM
im not too far away but im stuck here at work as well. I could make it out around noon, but i hope she is taken care of by then.

OlneyJeeps
08-27-2012, 09:40 AM
Update: tow truck on way

LO PHAT
08-27-2012, 09:40 AM
I can yank the battery out of my XJ and drive down there. I won't be of any use if her dogs need a ride out of there (they aren't going to fit in my car), but I'm happy to go take a look at her Jeep and stay with her until help arrives if it isn't something easily fixed (like a battery, fuse, starter, etc). She should have my number, but you are welcome to PM me hers as well.

I'll go grab a few tools and things and then check back on this thread.

JPTING
08-27-2012, 09:50 AM
I'm at work, PM sent with Phone number.

Hope she gets those dogs in the cool before the heat kicks up.

LO PHAT
08-27-2012, 09:50 AM
Update: tow truck on way

OK ... my car is loaded, and I'm ready to go. You must have posted this right as I made my last post (same time stamp). Shall I still head her way, or would she rather let the tow truck driver deal with it? I'll stand by here until I hear one way or the other.

aribelin
08-27-2012, 09:51 AM
I just chatted with Steve, I could head out too but it would take 30 minutes or so for me to get there and he said that the tow truck is on its way. Let me know if I can be of any assistance. Steve said he was going to head over to Nancy's house with a battery.

LO PHAT
08-27-2012, 09:53 AM
Just left you a voice message, Steve...

OlneyJeeps
08-27-2012, 10:11 AM
tow truck just showed up, I'm going to meet her at her house in abt 30 min

LO PHAT
08-27-2012, 10:16 AM
tow truck just showed up, I'm going to meet her at her house in abt 30 min

I talked with Digger as well. Please let me know if you need a hand with anything. You both have my number now. :)

OlneyJeeps
08-27-2012, 10:25 AM
OK ... my car is loaded, and I'm ready to go. You must have posted this right as I made my last post (same time stamp). Shall I still head her way, or would she rather let the tow truck driver deal with it? I'll stand by here until I hear one way or the other.

"my car"... have you been watching too much of "one car too far?:aagh:

LO PHAT
08-27-2012, 10:31 AM
"my car"... have you been watching too much of "one car too far?:aagh:

LOL! It isn't "my Jeep" or "my truck", so how else would I say that?

My Green Jeep
08-27-2012, 11:14 AM
Is Nancy home? Girls ok? Jeep working again?

OlneyJeeps
08-27-2012, 03:17 PM
All is good... home safe and sound, was bad battery (fwiw, optima yellow top purchased from Batteries plus.. had been on shelf 1 year before she bought. I made sure replacement had this month's sticker)

Digger
08-27-2012, 03:25 PM
We are good, thank you to everyone!! Please help me and give Rep. Points to OlneyJeeps and Lo Phat! Yes, Steve came to our rescue once again, it sure is nice having such a great friend, Ha, should refer to you as my brother Steve. :)

It was early enough, and had shade at gas pumps, so the dogs weren't uncomfortable. For the tow home, I made sure they wouldn't get to warm by wetting them down. Looking back at the xj from the tow truck, they looked like they've done this before ( This is their 3rd tow adventure), all were just watching through the windshield to be sure I was ok.

Digger
08-27-2012, 03:28 PM
Won't let me give points to Steve or Lo Phat until I spread points around, so everyone that looked in with good intensions will get rep points from me, so please give them to Steve and Lo Phat. Thanks everyone!

HvyHau8272
08-27-2012, 03:37 PM
I just saw this Nancy.... I'm less than 2 miles from where you were broke down. Bummer I would have came and helped. Will send the rep points you asked for though. Glad you are home safe.

I hit Steve with a point but got this for LoPhat. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to LO PHAT again.

Digger
08-27-2012, 04:00 PM
Restriction on giving points, I was going down the line giving points to those who had concern for us, and got the message "You have given to many rep points in the last 24 hours, try again later". We need to talk to Joe West about this, because there are a couple people who always help, they seem to have the schedule to lend help when most can't because of working hours. Joe, I think they should be granted the right to receive points all the times, or at least give them a special badge of honor or a special little jeep next to their Avatar. :)

LO PHAT
08-27-2012, 04:25 PM
We are good, thank you to everyone!! Please help me and give Rep. Points to OlneyJeeps and Lo Phat! Yes, Steve came to our rescue once again, it sure is nice having such a great friend, Ha, should refer to you as my brother Steve.

Rep points sent to OlneyJeeps. I'm just glad you got home safely, Nancy. :)

My Green Jeep
08-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Hey Nancy.... sent some rep points to Lo Phat and Steve!