PDA

View Full Version : New guy in Tucson

Social Misfit
01-08-2005, 03:58 PM
Whats up, just thought i'd say hey, i'm new here to the site. been in Tucson for almost 2 years now, got a '02 TJ 6cyl, 5spd, stock for now. When i get home from Iraq i'll be doin a clayton LA kit, and 35's. anyways, just thought id say hey!!!

Antman
01-08-2005, 05:16 PM
Howdy! And thanks for your service for our country and keep your butt down!
I think you find some good people here. WELCOME! :D

johndorf
01-09-2005, 06:58 AM
Welcome, and THANK YOU for your service. We will not even hold it against you, that you live in tucson:D. Keep you a*# down, and come back safe. John

Sautin
01-10-2005, 07:25 AM
Welcome to the club, Tucson. May your jeep bring you many bleeding knuckles. I just returned from Iraq in March of 2004 well not just returned but it still feels like it. Anyway where about are you headed or do you know yet. I was in Balad Airbase. We were part of the first 100 or so on the base. Pretty scary times guarding a base with noone to guard. I was there March 03 to March 04 in the Sunni Tri. Just remember, they take prisoners but they don't release them especially if they are American. Better to die fighting. If you haven't been there yet you are about to enter the worst wheather you have ever been in. In Balad airbase or as we in the army call em, LSA Anaconda we registered a 151F and it isn't much better in the shade. What branch are you in. I have some pictures of the country side if you want to see them. I will say though, Iraq has the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen, I don't know what it is but make sure to take time to look at one while you are there, you won't regret it.

Sincerely: Larry,
SGT. George, 418th, U.S. Army Reserve
OIF1 February03 to March04

Social Misfit
01-16-2005, 10:22 AM
Hey everybody, thanks for the kind words. Yeah i'm also heading to Balad, i'm in the AirForce and am a crew chief on rescue helicopters. i've been to afgahnistand and pakistan and all those fun places when enduring freedom kicked off now i guess its my turn in Iraq. anyways just thought i would take a little time and reply :D

blackeyedt
01-16-2005, 10:46 AM
Thanks for your service to me & my family ! Godspeed !

yjsundevil5
01-22-2005, 10:55 PM
welcome, enjoy, post some runs and get ur jeep dirty!

k7mto
01-22-2005, 11:31 PM
Welcome to AZVJC.

My little brother was also a helo crew chief as part of the 1st Calvary out of Ft. Hood. In his words he was "responsible for everything from the bulkhead back".

He sent me one of his 'F Troop' patches and he fits the bill perfectly (anyone old enough to remember the show "F Troop" knows where I'm coming from).

Many thanks for your service. Come home safe and sound.