PDA

View Full Version : I'm feeling English.

JD Night Fox
04-02-2012, 04:23 PM
Well, here it is... Putting the finishing touches on my Christmas present I got myself. (My parents were not too happy though).

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a264/jd600115/photo.jpg
This is the picture I took the day I got it running (Finally).

It was bought from a 16 year old down the street from me for $250. lol
Had 362KM's on the odometer.

Edit: Oops. Forgot the rest of the info

An Enduro/Dual-Sport bike! Who drives those anymore?
It's a 2001 Hartford Velo Cross VR150H, that somehow got imported over to the USA. Speedometer is in kilometers, and Google has never heard of Hartford before.
It's a 150cc one cylinder (Don't want to kill myself with my first bike), which the engine is manufactured by Honda. Has a 5 speed tranny, electric start and kickstart equipped, air cooled, came stock with a Keihin racing carb. Wet weight is about ~280 pounds without me on it. Very light and agile. Front disc / rear drum. (Or it might be an enclosed disc)
Hartford is an English company, with most parts manufactured in Taiwan / Europe.

It has no title unfortunately, I'm working on that problem with the DMV but they don't like import vehicles very much...

When I went to go look at it, he had the whole engine taken apart and I almost died right there. But I calmed down and told myself it was doable. P.S. This bike has no owners manual.

BigBlue
04-02-2012, 04:42 PM
Nice. Hard to go wrong for $250.

JD Night Fox
04-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Nice. Hard to go wrong for $250.

Thanks. You're right. :) And I got it running again, so $250 for a bike with less than 300 miles on the odometer..

FourxDad
04-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Nice looking! Good luck with the title.

azgypsy
04-02-2012, 08:35 PM
im a norton and triumph freak! GREAT FIND! GREAT JOB gettin that thing runnin without a manual too!

JD Night Fox
04-02-2012, 08:42 PM
Nice looking! Good luck with the title.

im a norton and triumph freak! GREAT FIND! GREAT JOB gettin that thing runnin without a manual too!

Thanks to you both. I'd have pictures of it when I first picked it up, but there was so much oil all over everything (Including myself)

Just imagine the bike with the whole left side of the engine missing. lol
And oil. Lots of oil. 10W-40 if I remember correctly...

I do love Triumphs Gypsy, by the way. Very well made and nice looking. I love the cars too... don't remember if they were the same company once.

stevekim7d2
04-03-2012, 03:17 PM
I think If an Illegal, undocumented, overstayer can get a drivers license, you should have a shot at a title. We spent $100.00 and got a bonded title, from a bond company, then to motor vehicle and we were done...........
Steve-O

AZLugz
04-03-2012, 03:25 PM
I will suggest that you take another $250 and take the motorcycle course if you are going to ride on the street. I have been thru several courses and they are awesome. The Wife went last year and got her license. Good way to learn and to get the license

bcinaz
04-03-2012, 10:56 PM
I will suggest that you take another $250 and take the motorcycle course if you are going to ride on the street. I have been thru several courses and they are awesome. The Wife went last year and got her license. Good way to learn and to get the license

x2 on the course, I have been riding for over 20 years and I took a course 2 years ago, still stuff to learn, and a bonus you get your motorcycle endorsement.

I like Enduro/Dual-Sports, I have always wanted one, I have always had sports.

Nice bike

Steve

JD Night Fox
04-04-2012, 09:17 AM
Thanks guys! I was planning on doing the course eventually. I paid $7 for the permit which I can transfer to a regular license when I do the DMV test. I'll do the course anyways because it gives better insurance and other things I would still need to learn. As of right now, I'm just taking it up to the Wickenburg area and riding around in the dirt, because I'd like to already have experience riding before I start trying to go on regular road.

My friend recorded a few videos of me trying to go through a drywash... I'll try to post them eventually.

Here's the bike after a bit of cruising in Congress (It's a little bit north of Wickenburg)
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a264/jd600115/Mobile%20Uploads/mms_picture-5.jpg

I think If an Illegal, undocumented, overstayer can get a drivers license, you should have a shot at a title. We spent $100.00 and got a bonded title, from a bond company, then to motor vehicle and we were done...........
Steve-O

:D

I'm working on that aspect. The DMV gave me a 4 page packet with a whole list of stupid stuff I have to complete. Why can't I just drive it illegally like everyone else?

ArizonaXJ
04-06-2012, 03:47 PM
I secoond the guys that say to get into a MSF course.
I went a couple of years ago (experienced rider course). Thsi year I went through the MSF Rider Coach Program and became an instructor.
Since you're ROTC, we may be able to get you into the AZ ARNGs class.....FREE!!!!

AZLugz
04-06-2012, 05:47 PM
That would be awesome

JD Night Fox
04-06-2012, 07:47 PM
I secoond the guys that say to get into a MSF course.
I went a couple of years ago (experienced rider course). Thsi year I went through the MSF Rider Coach Program and became an instructor.
Since you're ROTC, we may be able to get you into the AZ ARNGs class.....FREE!!!!

Would I have to present my Military ID for that? Because they haven't given it to me. lol

Thanks for the support though! Free always makes me feel... happy.

I'd like to do instructor stuff too! (Good luck as a beginner rider, I know.)

RussL
04-07-2012, 04:59 PM
An Enduro/Dual-Sport bike! Who drives those anymore?

Dual sport bike are quite popular around here. Enjoy!

JD Night Fox
04-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Dual sport bike are quite popular around here. Enjoy!

I like them because they're half the weight of most other bikes. Still not as light as conventional dirt bikes though! Haha.