PDA

View Full Version : Polar Plunge Fundraiser

TJXtian
02-16-2012, 11:44 PM
Alright East Siders, West Siders and everyone in between….I know there was some fundraising for John Beazley’s family a little while back….but while looking at my pool the other day, I thought of another way to raise some more money….

The pool water is currently 59*…pretty cold….but not deadly. I was wondering if you all would be interested in a “Polar Bear Plunge” type thing to raise more money. Maybe something like getting your family, friends and co-workers to pledge a certain amount of $$ for every minute you stay in the water…which will be timed and documented so they can pay you the amount. They can pledge anything from $0.25 to $5.00 per minute stayed.

Of course, we’ll be grilling and there will be beer. (I KNOW that’s the magic word!) I believe that if we get enough people to do it, there is potential for raising a good chunk of money for his family....or even to put away in a fund for other families in need when something like that happens.

Whattya think? Come on, between the last few ‘events’ at Dave’s house and a few runs we’ve been on, I KNOW there’s some of you that are crazy enough to do this!!!

If at least 10 people agree, then I will get the ball rolling, get the burgers and dogs and beer............and make some forms for you to have people pledge.

Let me know!!!!

:)

TJXtian
02-17-2012, 09:23 AM
Awwww, come one guys!!! (and girls!) I see 41 of you have looked at this thread....you wanna do this, really, YOU DO!!!
It's a great pool...great yard, great friends. What more could you want (besides warmth!) I'd tell you you could hop in our
hot tub afterwards, but we just emptied it due to something not running right....but if you go by groups of 4 you all can
use our master bath shower!!! hahahahhaaaaa

Anyway, I was just throwing it out there. I thought it'd be a fun way to help someone out.
You guys are all "bad-as-I-wanna-be" out on the trails, but you'll let a cold pool scare you? ;)
HAHAHAAA. I bet my girl Britanny will do it!!! *wink*

mingoglia
02-17-2012, 09:25 AM
Do we get extra money for nudity?

YJunk
02-17-2012, 09:35 AM
You don't, we can barely keep clothes on you as it is.

TJ BOBBY
02-17-2012, 09:36 AM
Could we borrow that muzzle, I mean ball gag to keep from screaming are lungs out from the cold? Besides it is fun:-)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

TJXtian
02-17-2012, 09:41 AM

No, just extra beer and a bigger towel.

You don't, we can barely keep clothes on you as it is.

Well, it WILL be posted to YOUTUBE...so......I'll pay YOU extra to be the camera guy!

Could we borrow that muzzle, I mean ball gag to keep from screaming our lungs out from the cold? Besides it is fun:-)

You sure can, just remember not to bite down too hard and PLEASE wipe the drool off when you're done!!!

TJ BOBBY
02-17-2012, 09:46 AM
Cool extra beer for nudity, I would just ask that you let me warm up first. I don't want to make a bad first impression

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

TJXtian
02-17-2012, 09:58 AM
Shrinkage...natures way of saying, "No hard feelings".

62willy
02-17-2012, 09:59 AM
I like my kahonies (sp?) Right where they are, thank you very much. Wait, what I meant to say was "come on you whimpy east siders grow a pair and then go shrivel them up." I'd do it if I wasn't a way west wider. Just to prove it, I'll donate $1 per minute that your girl Brittany is in up to 20 minutes.

Bill

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Punkin_Belle
02-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Crap, how did I get involved in this? Oh yeah, because it's AWESOME!

TJXtian
02-17-2012, 10:10 AM
I like my kahonies (sp?) Right where they are, thank you very much. Wait, what I meant to say was "come on you whimpy east siders grow a pair and then go shrivel them up." I'd do it if I wasn't a way west wider. Just to prove it, I'll donate $1 per minute that your girl Brittany is in up to 20 minutes.
Bill

Bill, We have a guest room or two for you and your family if you wanna put your money where your kahonies are.

Cuz YOU'RE awesome...plus I knew you'd be "in" even if you weren't going into the pool!!!

:P

mingoglia
02-17-2012, 10:13 AM

You going in naked with me?

Punkin_Belle
02-17-2012, 10:15 AM

Thank you for another signature quote! :aagh:

Punkin_Belle
02-17-2012, 10:16 AM
You going in naked with me?

Duh.

TJXtian
02-17-2012, 10:17 AM
hey hey hey....it's a family event!
Naked boy/girl swim is at night or mid-afternoon while all the neighbors are at work.

badfish2
02-17-2012, 10:33 AM
Ill do it for the cause, but i think it should be a every1 invited event? And ill do a $1 a minute for a lady in a white tee with double d's ;)

TJXtian
02-17-2012, 10:36 AM
Ill do it for the cause, but i think it should be a every1 invited event? And ill do a $1 a minute for a lady in a white tee with double d's ;)

Yes!!! ANY and Everyone is welcome. I know I put "East Siders"...but I also said anyone interested...I can change it. Lemme see.....

TJXtian
02-17-2012, 10:42 AM
I can't seem to edit the main title. I changed the first post though. I wasn't trying to exclude anyone...it's just the East Side group is who we usually
end up hanging around with and it's where we live. Hope no one is OFFENDED!!! I couldn't take another day of apologizing for being a horrible person!
HAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAA

Punkin_Belle
02-17-2012, 10:43 AM
I'm offended because the title didn't say "attn: South Phoenix skanks". But I'm technically at fault because I clicked on it anyway.

TJXtian
02-17-2012, 11:01 AM
I'm offended because the title didn't say "attn: South Phoenix skanks". But I'm technically at fault because I clicked on it anyway.

If I was a man, I'd be completely head over heals in love with you. As a woman, you make me wish we were in college. HAHAHAAAA! Love you kiddo and thank for not being OFFENDED by being called a gorgeous hood rat skank. I guess I need to learn what the certain parts of the whole Phoenix area are like. I didn't realize South Phx was like that or that hillbilly trailer wives with muzzles were from AJ. You know, I think we could get a deal on stickers for the Jeeps that say: SOUTH PHX SKANKS

AZLugz
02-17-2012, 11:09 AM
Wait.......Cold water and nakadidity......Not fair

Guy goes in the cold water, the man parts shrivel and suck up inside to stay warm and then everyone laughs!!!

Girl goes in, the nips pop up and say Hey, its a party and everyone cheers!?!?!?!?!

I say we guys go and just watch the girls swim

YJunk
02-17-2012, 11:31 AM
If I was a man, I'd be completely head over heals in love with you. As a woman, you make me wish we were in college. HAHAHAAAA! Love you kiddo and thank for not being OFFENDED by being called a gorgeous hood rat skank. I guess I need to learn what the certain parts of the whole Phoenix area are like. I didn't realize South Phx was like that or that hillbilly trailer wives with muzzles were from AJ. You know, I think we could get a deal on stickers for the Jeeps that say: SOUTH PHX SKANKS

All I heard was Hillbilly Trailer Wife - where do I sign up. I want to sponsor Naked Ming for $2 a minute... For Naked Pumpkin Belle I'll dig deeper.

Punkin_Belle
02-17-2012, 11:36 AM
So Pattey if everyone who's posted is really in, looks like we might be getting close. Did you have a tenative date in mind for said shin-dig?

AZLugz
02-17-2012, 11:51 AM
I am still holdin out for Nakey girls

TJXtian
02-17-2012, 12:37 PM
Hmmm, I'll have to go back and see if they're actually IN or just wanting to see you naked.

I can do this in as little as 2 weeks (giving time for people to get 'pledges' from co-workers. friends and family)

Punkin_Belle
02-17-2012, 01:10 PM
Hmmm, I'll have to go back and see if they're actually IN or just wanting to see you naked.

I can do this in as little as 2 weeks (giving time for people to get 'pledges' from co-workers. friends and family)

Oh please! No one around here is ready for all THISSSS. Too much jelly for their PBJ sandwiches.

Bota
02-17-2012, 01:23 PM
I'm with AZlugz on watching the girls swim.

AZLugz
02-17-2012, 02:35 PM
I like Jelly

And Bacon

vin man
02-17-2012, 02:52 PM

I would pledge money to ensure Mike keeps his clothes on.

My Green Jeep
02-17-2012, 02:56 PM
If you guys need help just holler but there is NO FLIPPIN way I am going to get into water that cold... hell it can be 85 degrees
and I am still cold :/

If you want the title changed just let a MOD know :)

aribelin
02-17-2012, 03:05 PM
Heck, I still have all my scuba gear...I could be in all day with my 7mm wetsuit, boots, gloves, and hood. ;) Coldest water I have been in was Lee's Ferry at 48* two tank drift dive. Diving through the rapids was a rush.

AZLugz
02-17-2012, 03:07 PM
Awwwww Rox, you don't want to be in the wet t-shirt contest?????

TJXtian
02-17-2012, 04:06 PM
Heck, I still have all my scuba gear...I could be in all day with my 7mm wetsuit, boots, gloves, and hood. ;) Coldest water I have been in was Lee's Ferry at 48* two tank drift dive. Diving through the rapids was a rush.

I will give you $25 to show up like that!!!

Oh please! No one around here is ready for all THISSSS. Too much jelly for their PBJ sandwiches.

Girl, you's PURRR-fect!

If you guys need help just holler but there is NO FLIPPIN way I am going to get into water that cold... hell it can be 85 degrees
and I am still cold :/

We'd love to finally meet you! Bill says you are the BOMB! *wink*

PS. AZLugz....no nakey. We're RAISING MONEY, not anything else.

Digger
02-17-2012, 04:12 PM

hahhahahahhahahahahaah, hahahhahaha

Digger
02-17-2012, 04:16 PM
All I heard was Hillbilly Trailer Wife - where do I sign up. I want to sponsor Naked Ming for $2 a minute... For Naked Pumpkin Belle I'll dig deeper.

hahahaha, hahah, haha.

Chit, let's just sell tickets to this event, it's gonna be the best live comedy show this side of the Planet!!

zjfabn
02-17-2012, 04:17 PM

I'm sorry but this just reminds me of behemoth too much. :aagh:

Punkin_Belle
02-17-2012, 04:23 PM
I'm sorry but this just reminds me of behemoth too much. :aagh:

:aagh::drummer::smilielol5:

My Green Jeep
02-17-2012, 05:12 PM
Awwwww Rox, you don't want to be in the wet t-shirt contest?????

:smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5:
:smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5:

My Green Jeep
02-17-2012, 05:14 PM
we'd love to finally meet you! Bill says you are the bomb! *wink*

ps. Azlugz....no nakey. We're raising money, not anything else.

LMAO... Ha ha ha ha....

LO PHAT
02-17-2012, 06:35 PM

Be sure to introduce Mike to your next door neighbor, Pattey. ;)

TJXtian
02-17-2012, 06:42 PM
Be sure to introduce Mike to your next door neighbor, Pattey. ;)

OMG she'd LOVE him!!! I bet she'd like that he pleasures women for $$ too. <--(his OWN words) She's so lonely.

So, Nate, are you in? I've got to get a hold of the other guys too. LET'S DO THIS! It won't be THAT cold! huhuhhuh

62willy
02-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Bill, We have a guest room or two for you and your family if you wanna put your money where your kahonies are

:P

Such a gracious offer, how can I refuse. I'll be running a little late though so the rest if you can go ahead and get started without me. Don't get out of the pool til I get there though!

Bill

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

TJXtian
02-19-2012, 12:17 AM
Okay, I need a serious moment....So, from what I gather, we have:

IN THE POOL
mingoglia-naked
TJBobby-using my ball gag
62Willy-showing up late/staying over (the offer was real, getchyer butt out here)
badfish2-sorry no DD's...coming anyway?
YJunk-are you in or just paying $2/min to see Mike naked?)
aribelin-wearing full on scuba gear

AZLugz and Bota- if you're just going to watch, then you need to show up in cheerleader outfits and cheer everyone on.

MyGreenJeep-going to video the whole thing and transfer to DVD so we can sell them!!!

Again, there will be beer and burgers/dogs! PLUS, we all get to hang out and laugh at the people in the pool!
Thanks guys! Please let me know if you're truly in...and let some of the other guys know.
I'll be PMing some of the ones I think will do it!

LO PHAT
02-19-2012, 07:28 AM
What will TJXtian and Jeeperxtian be doing and wearing (or not wearing) at this event?

The answer to this question greatly influences additional participation. :smartass2:

TJXtian
02-19-2012, 09:39 AM
While I understand your wanton desire to see my husband naked, Nate...Chris will be wearing a swimsuit.

As for me, I'm buying the burgers and beer...I've done my part. I don't go in till the water hits 75*.
And, except for my awesome rack, no one wants to see this body in a swim suit...too much lasagne consumed over the last 40 years.

JK Inferno
02-19-2012, 10:07 AM
When would it be?

TJXtian
02-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Well, I'm shooting for the 3rd...but maybe the 10th....it depends on how many people are interested and how quickly they answer.
I'll work on PMing the people I think will do this and I'll have an answer by wednesday.
I figure we need time for whoever is doing it to get pledges from family/co-workers/etc.

TJXtian
02-21-2012, 06:55 PM
come on guys!!! this could be you!!!

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p79/xterraxtian/coldwater.jpg

badfish2
02-21-2012, 07:05 PM
Haha...might want to schedule it around spring training opening weekend? Or maybe just do evening cuz every1 looks good in the dark when im drunk...:)

TJXtian
02-21-2012, 07:11 PM
hahahaaa! I don't care if we do it in the springtime, summertime or 3am
(now THERE'S an idea, although my neighbors would probably be a bit upset!)
I just thought it'd be fun. If there's not a whole lot of interest, I'll think of something else.

I just figured if the water was cold, it'd be harder to stay in long. Maybe we could make it
that it's in the summer and see how long people can stay in the water. Like start on a saturday
morning and then see how long it goes...although I'd have 2 rules: 1.you have to leave sunday night!
and 2.if you have to go to the bathroom, we'll allow 3 minutes to get out of the pool. heheheee