PDA

View Full Version : Stolen YJ - Any info appreciated!

Punkin_Belle
02-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Just got wind that a member's rig was stolen within the last few days. It's a white 1995 YJ, mostly stock but she might have a small lift...? Netting on the back for the animals and "Fox" across the windshield. The Jeep was stolen from Apache Junction but has been rumored to have been spotted in the South Phoenix/Ahwatukee area. Please keep your eyes peeled!

zjfabn
02-09-2012, 12:43 PM
Is her screen name Red something.

Theives suck!

My Green Jeep
02-09-2012, 12:47 PM
moved to correct folder...

Matrix311
02-09-2012, 01:03 PM
that sucks, i'm always worried about my YJ getting stolen. Does anyone have a good writeup on how to install a ignition relay switch to disable it or some type of relay to kill the fuel pump to deter theft?

Easyover
02-09-2012, 01:21 PM
that sucks, i'm always worried about my YJ getting stolen.

All of us with YJ's should be worried that it will be stolen.....It is the most desireable Jeep as you know.

Cajun
02-09-2012, 01:28 PM
http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showthread.php?54038-Starter-kill-amp-fuel-cut-off-Instructions

Read this.

Bota
02-09-2012, 01:46 PM
I will keep a lookout for it.

mbybee
02-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Mine just has a trick start - not sure why, but I have to turn the key to 'on', pump the gas a few times, wait a sec, then start.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for this white YJ though.

snksknr94
02-09-2012, 05:55 PM
that sucks, i'm always worried about my YJ getting stolen. Does anyone have a good writeup on how to install a ignition relay switch to disable it or some type of relay to kill the fuel pump to deter theft?

Cut the purple wire coming out of the underhood fuse block below the fuel pump relay. extend the 2 ends into the cab, and install the switch. I ran 2 black wires up behind the main harness under the dash and secured the switch to the back side of the harness. Would never know it was there. Piece of cake to do, send me a PM if you want more info, or if your in the N. valley, swing by some time and I'll do it for you.

cmanning9996
02-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Whenever I park my xj for an extended length if time I remove the wire from the coil to the distributor. It cranks, but won't start.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

djui5
02-11-2012, 06:45 PM
Thanks Britt. The users name is Red in AZ

Jimbow
02-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Will keep an eye out.

BlackmombaTJ
02-13-2012, 04:35 PM
pls send plate # AND PIC OF jP

jesse wright
02-13-2012, 08:35 PM
Whenever I park my xj for an extended length if time I remove the wire from the coil to the distributor. It cranks, but won't start.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Sweet weres it park u made it to easy lol I would never tell anyone were my anti theif switch is this forum is open to the public bit hey you all got good ideas on what to do dum thieves wouldn't know how to start it if you told them I doing a kill switch like on my oladys car unless u turn it off with the key fob your not starting it no matter what not the unlock and lock method with the key in any door or the ignition. I'll keep an eye out over here on the west side of ph. Damn thieves can't stand them

My1stJeep
02-14-2012, 01:52 PM
Cut the purple wire coming out of the underhood fuse block below the fuel pump relay. extend the 2 ends into the cab, and install the switch. I ran 2 black wires up behind the main harness under the dash and secured the switch to the back side of the harness. Would never know it was there. Piece of cake to do, send me a PM if you want more info, or if your in the N. valley, swing by some time and I'll do it for you.

Does this offer apply to the rest of us?

azgypsy
02-14-2012, 02:55 PM
her name is jennifer and her jeep is a 1992! all the rest of the details are correct! she went to canada to see her family and they broke into her home and trashed it and stole all the Good stuff! she did have a clutch lock on her pedal but they cut it and had the keys which they found in the house! i'll try to get the plate # as soon as i can!

jesse wright
02-14-2012, 08:11 PM
Thats bs some people amaze me and it is always honest people getting the tail end of the shaft any more and hell it seems in certain ways the laws work for them as if we catch them in the act cant shoot gotta call the cops who likes to show up an hr later

tcjacoro
02-14-2012, 11:46 PM
It should be legal to shoot thieves caught in the act (or after, for that matter). Frickin scumbags. Hope she gets her ride back.

djui5
02-15-2012, 07:09 AM
It should be legal to shoot thieves caught in the act (or after, for that matter).

Technically it is.