PDA

View Full Version : Miner's Revenge 12/18

DsrtJeeper
12-18-2004, 09:31 PM
This was my first time on this trail and it rocked!!! Thanks to Steve Sample for leading and it was great meeting everyone. We had everything from wicked Toyotas to a tubed out '66 Ford Bronco. All but one Jeep drove down the first waterfall with wet tires. :eek: No stinkin winches here; baby! :D I think most of the guys were from the Undertakers and their trail manners were excellent. About half way through, several of us opted for one crazy obstacle. This involved a tight squeeze between two large boulders and lots of air time. Nobody made it through this obstacle. Matt met his match here with his tricked out FJ40 buggie. The rear driveshaft bound up and snapped close to the transfer case. It wasn't pretty.... :eek: This ended Matt's day and he headed out on the road. Sorry to see you leave that way; dude. I hope to catch you again. ;) Then there was Doug.... He jinxed himself by saying his pretty yellow TJ was going to stay that way. Ooops! :eek: Last obstacle of the day and he took out both sides of his Heep. His cherry was popped! :D I think he'll be removing that fancy bra from his hood now. ;) Hehe... The old tubed Bronco of Jason's ran flawlessly and took a beating. He came out with only a slightly bent tierod. As for me; I sustained one bent license plate. :eek: The Simply Offroad guards took a good hit and held up fine. Kudos to the guys with super clean rigs who didn't give up. Chaulk up another beautiful weekend in the desert. :)

P.S. Thanks to Steve James for the great spotting. That YJ is waaaay too clean! ;)

Sorry, but no pics. I used my 35mm today, but i'm hoping someone will post up some pics.

nodnar
12-19-2004, 07:14 PM
Here are some of my pics

http://members.cox.net/abcwxyz/Miners%20Revenge

jeepin_in_az
12-19-2004, 08:34 PM
Very nice pics!

Eric, mind if we use this picture on our website?

http://members.cox.net/abcwxyz/Miners%20Revenge_files/DSCF0067.JPG

yldkat
12-19-2004, 08:44 PM
Very nice pics!

http://members.cox.net/abcwxyz/Miners%20Revenge_files/DSCF0067.JPG

We'll be looking for this trail and others after the new year.
Glad to hear you had fun!

jeepin_in_az
12-19-2004, 08:58 PM
We'll be looking for this trail and others after the new year.
Glad to hear you had fun!

You finish your junk yet? Haven't seen any progress reports in a while....

DsrtJeeper
12-19-2004, 10:23 PM
Here are some of my pics

http://members.cox.net/abcwxyz/Miners%20Revenge

Thanks for the pics; Brandon. :)

DsrtJeeper
12-19-2004, 10:25 PM
Very nice pics!

Sure Mike. Don't mind the ugly dude in the driver's seat though. :D

jeepin_in_az
12-19-2004, 10:30 PM
Sure Mike. Don't mind the ugly dude in the driver's seat though. :D

I will blur him and the stickers out....:D and maybe tone down the bling under the Jeep... :D

DsrtJeeper
12-19-2004, 10:36 PM
I will blur him and the stickers out....:D and maybe tone down the bling under the Jeep... :D

What's this Jeeping world coming to? First aluminum and now plastic!!! :eek:

jeepin_in_az
12-20-2004, 07:25 AM
It's all about weight!!

badazxj
12-20-2004, 11:38 AM
"I think most of the guys were from the Undertakers and their trail manners were excellent" :rolleyes: and someone would expect different?

DsrtJeeper
12-20-2004, 03:01 PM
"I think most of the guys were from the Undertakers and their trail manners were excellent" :rolleyes: and someone would expect different?

Umm; Frank.....
That was a compliment. ;) I'd never wheeled with anyone from your club before that I know of.

You'd be surprised how many drunken idiots i've ended up wheeling with that had no respect for the trail or their own lives! :mad: I'm always in search of family oriented groups to wheel with.

yldkat
12-20-2004, 03:47 PM
You finish your junk yet? Haven't seen any progress reports in a while....

Finished??

Let's just say it's on the trail and leave it at that!!

DsrtJeeper
12-20-2004, 04:05 PM
Finished??

Let's just say it's on the trail and leave it at that!!

WOW!!! :eek: That is sweet! Nice job.