PDA

View Full Version : i need to borrow a 1" die.

zjfabn
05-14-2011, 03:19 PM
I ordered one but shippings going to take a week and I would like to get this Job done sooner. I have a model 3 bender from M-tech with (i think) 7/8" pins. I can trade for other size dies or ???

bshows73
05-16-2011, 09:27 AM
You can come use mine if you would like. I have a hossfeld style bender so you can;t borrow the dies.

Hunter
05-16-2011, 10:32 PM
I have a 1 inch die you can borrow, but I am not sure if it will work. I cant recall what the M Tech bender is based off of. There are two very similar style benders, the Pro-Tools model the JD Squared. They look the same, work the same, but are just enough different so they cant work with each other. I have a Pro-Tools model.

zjfabn
05-16-2011, 10:38 PM
I have a 1 inch die you can borrow, but I am not sure if it will work. I cant recall what the M Tech bender is based off of. There are two very similar style benders, the Pro-Tools model the JD Squared. They look the same, work the same, but are just enough different so they cant work with each other. I have a Pro-Tools model.

Cool, thanks! Ill be running down your way to pick up some steel tomorrow and ill bring one of my die sets to tests on yours.

Anything look different? I think the center die pin is 1" and the rest are 7/8".

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/zjfabn/m-techmodel3.jpg

Hunter
05-17-2011, 09:18 AM
Nuts,

Mine is the same style but its the Pro Tools. Its been awhile but my mind recalls that they dont cross over. Some patent / compete lawsuit thingy,

zjfabn
05-17-2011, 09:23 AM
You can come use mine if you would like. I have a hossfeld style bender so you can;t borrow the dies.

Dang, I need to do it here. Thanks for the offer though!

zjfabn
05-17-2011, 09:26 AM
Nuts,

Mine is the same style but its the Pro Tools. Its been awhile but my mind recalls that they dont cross over. Some patent / compete lawsuit thingy,

If its ok, ill be heading down there in a couple hours with one of my dies to see if it will work. It looks like it might so its worth a shot. I only need it for two days. You can keep mine in the mean time.