PDA

View Full Version : Six Flags park coming to Table Mesa?

2gnarly
10-02-2004, 10:22 AM
I have heard a rumor about a zoning proposal to build a road
somewhere near Table Mesa. Supposedly this would be an access road
for a Six Flags theme park. I couldn't find out any info online so
obviously they are not publicizing it.
Has anyone else heard about this?
Russ

Rick Latrani
10-02-2004, 01:25 PM
Rumors are abound:

http://www.themeparksonline.org/tpoforum3.asp?threadid=1232&forumid=3

Flexy
10-02-2004, 10:44 PM
Rumors are abound:

http://www.themeparksonline.org/tpoforum3.asp?threadid=1232&forumid=3

I cand believe I just wasted 20 min of my life reading that forum. And my wife always jokes with me and tells ME I have no life. :D

Joe
Absolute Offroad

old school
12-18-2004, 07:30 PM
six flags is being built close to perryvale prison area close to az cards staduim my sister is realitor all that property is sold allready purchased for six flags,along with 9- 5 star resorts and the rest 2-4 star up and down 101 from i-10 to northern ave at least that means that all that building will bring our houses up in price {good thing}

JamesT
12-18-2004, 09:24 PM
six flags is being built close to perryvale prison area close to az cards staduim my sister is realitor all that property is sold allready purchased for six flags,along with 9- 5 star resorts and the rest 2-4 star up and down 101 from i-10 to northern ave at least that means that all that building will bring our houses up in price {good thing}

lol

You didn't read the entire thread that was posted above did you? JoeD did...LOL.... Okay I confess, I read almost all of too.....LOL....when this was first posted.

Linda
12-20-2004, 04:47 PM
There was a theme park tax law that was signed into law by the Az Legislature several years back. I guess it might be finally be being put to the test. The law, if I recall, was basically corporate welfare, similar to Bob and the Cardinal's Stadium. The goal was to build an amusement park in Gilbert subsidized by taxpayers, after all it costs a lot to build a theme park. Chances are the park will be a long-term tax revenue loss for the city that sponsors the park and the people of who live in Maricopa County.

arlo
12-28-2004, 07:39 AM
Who works for a huge construction development company, and he told me they are bidding on the contract at this point....He told me it is going up west of Avondale. If you take the I-10 West and see the old horse track on the South side if the freeway.....That's where it's going. That track was frozen assets for the Italian Mafia from way back in the day. IRS siezed lots of stuff and froze assets as well. This piece of property and structure was hands off until 10 years ago.

Also I'm in the dirt business....and we're bidding for the contract to provide all the "A-B" for the asphalt and structure base.

Qman
12-28-2004, 09:03 AM
I seriously Doubt any of our Tax dollars except what the city needs to Upgrade for the Facility will go into wherever they finally plan to put it.... i belive they have yet to decide on a final lot for it.. that is why there is so much Spectultion on were it is going. Six Flags is a huge Public Company owned by its Investors and 35% by Bill gates and a couple other firms. they had 62% net Profit last year well over $1.3 billion. I think they will have plenty of money to build whatever they want with out our tax dollars. My parents are Developers in the Phx area and my Father helped put the land Deal together.. there were a total of 10 Lots they were looking to build on and put out Quotes to 1000's of Contractors to start getting bids, me being one.. they wanted me to bid on the smaller buildings for the food courts, but would not give me a loation yet as they have yet to purchase the land...... IF they do decide to build it my Dad said they only want it in Glendale. They absoulutly refuse to build it in Mesa and Phx doesn't have the area with the Infustructure that is being built in Glendale right now, with the new stadiums, and everything that goes with them.

i think wherever they decide to put the new park will be a great income producer for that City. Millions of extra dollars will be put into the schools, roads, and back into the community.