PDA

View Full Version : JK Oil Pan w/Rancho Skid

Crasher
03-18-2011, 09:13 AM
Want to trade the oil pan w/Rancho Skid on my 2010 JKU for a like pan w/o the skid. Or, I'll buy your pan if you replaced yours with an after market one. I bought a complete River Raider skid pkg and can't remove the Rancho skid. Their adhesive holds pretty good. Here's a chance to get a pan skid for nothing more than your time and an oil change.

nrossman
03-18-2011, 10:44 AM
Im surprized no one has jumped on this

steves07jk
03-18-2011, 12:49 PM
The jku engine pan isnt diff than a 2 door. I might be willing to swap

Crasher
03-18-2011, 02:20 PM
The jku engine pan isnt diff than a 2 door. I might be willing to swap

As long as you have a JK, they should be the same. I don't think there was any change to the pans from 2007 to 2010.

joe002
03-18-2011, 03:34 PM
Want to trade the oil pan w/Rancho Skid on my 2010 JKU for a like pan w/o the skid. Or, I'll buy your pan if you replaced yours with an after market one. I bought a complete River Raider skid pkg and can't remove the Rancho skid. Their adhesive holds pretty good. Here's a chance to get a pan skid for nothing more than your time and an oil change.
Won't the River Raider skid pkg fit with the Rancho Skid glued in place?

Crasher
03-18-2011, 05:08 PM
Won't the River Raider skid pkg fit with the Rancho Skid glued in place?

I don't know for sure. Some say it will and others have said no. I'm going to crawl underneath after everything is dry. I can't lay on my back and look up under the Jeep without getting sick, but I'll see. Some kind of an inner ear thing. I was going to take the Jeep and skids to a shop next Tues and help them install it under a hoist. I also thought that even if it did fit, the combination of both skids "might" hold in heat from the pan.

joe002
03-18-2011, 05:18 PM
I don't know for sure. Some say it will and others have said no. I'm going to crawl underneath after everything is dry. I can't lay on my back and look up under the Jeep without getting sick, but I'll see. Some kind of an inner ear thing. I was going to take the Jeep and skids to a shop next Tues and help them install it under a hoist. I also thought that even if it did fit, the combination of both skids "might" hold in heat from the pan.

I have one too. I took some before and after pics - doesn't look like a big difference. Don't know about the heat thing. Yeah, best would be a test fit...

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r96/joe002/Jeep/Rancho%20Oil%20Pan%20Armor/IMG_1512.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r96/joe002/Jeep/Rancho%20Oil%20Pan%20Armor/IMG_1541.jpg

sapppro
03-21-2011, 10:37 AM
I have the RR skid kit and the RR oil skid is pretty tight w just the stock skid. Probably need to remove the old or replace with stock.

newbiejk
03-26-2011, 10:05 PM
i got a stock pan but just changed oil a week ago if it dont work and you can hang tight i might swap you

Crasher
03-27-2011, 01:38 PM
We were able to install the entire skid package without any problems. The pan skid had enough clearance to fit over the Rancho skid. It is now one of the best protected pans in the country.