PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking for...

JD Night Fox
02-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Okay here's all that I'm looking for now...

Cherry bomb muffler and possibly exhaust pipe that can go with it
Headers for the 258 inline?
Carb riser(s) still...

A 1" Carb riser plate? I think that's what it's called. Or maybe it's called a spacer. Anyways, I'm looking for a carburetor riser plate compatible with my Weber 38/38. Haven't really found any online... Unless I haven't been looking in the right places.

Maybe if any of you have a bunch of smaller ones I can just stack them all on top of each other.

Edit: And now I'm also wondering if any of you have a Cherry Bomb muffler (A LOUD ONE :D) (And possibly with the rest of the exhaust pipe) that I could have too. Because I would like one of those also. My exhaust is 2.5 in / 2.5 out.

Possibly the entire exhaust pipe system so I can use all I can. Maybe also if someone has some headers for the 258 that I can have too. That way I can just replace the whole exhaust system...

zjfabn
02-12-2011, 09:22 PM
I think the one your looking for are blue with a V on them. I wouldn't use more then one though, it could rise to much and explode.

JD Night Fox
02-12-2011, 09:23 PM
I think the one your looking for are blue with a V on them. I wouldn't use more then one though, it could rise to much and explode.

What? lol

redneck20
02-12-2011, 09:45 PM
A 1" Carb riser plate? I think that's what it's called. Or maybe it's called a spacer. Anyways, I'm looking for a carburetor riser plate compatible with my Weber 36/36. Haven't really found any online... Unless I haven't been looking in the right places.

Maybe if any of you have a bunch of smaller ones I can just stack them all on top of each other.

why?

zjfabn
02-12-2011, 10:15 PM
:laugh2:

They're throttle body spacers. Not for your carb.

JD Night Fox
02-13-2011, 05:17 PM
why?

It converts it into a Tornado ram-intake

And no I don't think it's called a throttle body spacer. Those are for fuel injection systems.

Tankerblade
02-13-2011, 06:29 PM
They were designed and ment for carbs. They do absolutly nothing for fuel injection vehicles except make cool whistle sounds. Please correct me if i am wrong, but the throttle body spacer/whatever you want to call it, is designed to make that "whirlwind" effect to help mix the air and fuel more effectively since the air an fuel are mixed at the carb. with fuel injection fuel is just injected and isnt mixed with air until it is in the cylinder.

JD Night Fox
02-13-2011, 07:39 PM
They were designed and ment for carbs. They do absolutly nothing for fuel injection vehicles except make cool whistle sounds. Please correct me if i am wrong, but the throttle body spacer/whatever you want to call it, is designed to make that "whirlwind" effect to help mix the air and fuel more effectively since the air an fuel are mixed at the carb. with fuel injection fuel is just injected and isnt mixed with air until it is in the cylinder.

Yeah. The "tornado ram intake" (You have to make it sound fancy for those rice burner drivers)

Still looking for one...

I measured the intake space. I can have a 2" if someone has one of those too.

And also, the cheaper (Old cars I think?) have a valve-injection system or whatever that one was called. As opposed to direct injection, it injects the fuel into the manifold right before it enters the cylinder. Not as efficient as direct injection, which is why the cheap cars have those ones.

JD Night Fox
02-18-2011, 03:39 PM
Correction: It's actually a Weber 38/38. Do any of you know where to find a spacer at? I'm ordering a new carb soon and I need one to put on with it. Online shopping is stupid, the websites aren't helping me.

joshj52
02-18-2011, 05:16 PM
You should have a spacer already if your running the webber since you can't run one on a stock manifold.

CJ007
02-18-2011, 06:27 PM
I think he means this part....http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab62/CJ007/images.jpg

JD Night Fox
02-19-2011, 04:47 PM
I think he means this part....http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab62/CJ007/images.jpg

The 'hell is that?

CJ007
02-19-2011, 07:42 PM
Was a YJ with a blower on it....Pic gone?

JD Night Fox
02-19-2011, 08:06 PM
That's a blower? How boring. What happened to them being cool looking?

And yes, it deleted itself because of you