PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Automotive Painter

LO PHAT
02-01-2011, 11:15 AM
THIS IS IN THE "HELPING EACH OTHER" SECTION. IF YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED (AND YOU DON'T KNOW ANYONE WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED) PLEASE JUST MOVE ALONG TO THE NEXT THREAD. KINDLY KEEP THIS THREAD FREE OF ANY PERSONAL COMMENTS AND OFF-TOPIC DISCUSSIONS THAT ARE NOT "HELPFUL" TO MY POST!

Here's the background: I've been involved in the custom truck scene for over 20 years. Right now I'm looking for someone who might be interested in making me a deal on some automotive painting. If you are a painter looking to get additional exposure for your business, desiring to try out a new idea, or wanting to get some extra work on the side, please keep reading this post.

Here's the vehicle: I have a custom 1991 Chevrolet truck that I've been building for the past several years. It is a pro-street "phantom dually" (meaning that although it might resemble a one ton dually to the casual observer, a closer inspection reveals a half ton truck wearing massive 29x18.50 steam roller sized tires in the rear). All of the usual goodies such as a 4/6 drop, billet grille, smooth front bumper, sport mirrors, roll pan, tonneau cover, and tons of billet accessories are on the truck. It's built in the timeless style of the early 90's sport truck scene and even has genuine Boyds (not Boyd Cottington!) billet wheels. It's a very low mileage truck and is in pristine condition other than the paint.

Here's what you get: The truck is already insured under a custom/collector vehicle policy, and even without a nice paint job it turns heads and starts conversations no matter where I take it. The truck will be yours to paint in whatever creative way you wish. With the exception of a few conditions (I don't want a pastel pink truck, for example) the entire body can be thought of as a blank canvas ready for a monochromatic, two-tone, or fully custom paint job.

Here's what I can offer: I'll give you whatever amount of time you'd like to do the work. I'm of course willing to pay for all material costs, and I'll also assist with and/or pay for any body prep work. When it comes to the actual painting we'll discuss the value of your time and what you expect in return when it comes to exposure and/or monetary compensation. Things like handing out your business cards at shows and having your name on the truck's show board are obviously included. Putting your information on the truck's rear window, tailgate, or windshield is something we can talk about.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9yX70fbJozDa8pavN09-kznlCYEUzytLMmPxQCq8NF9Kh-PFrSg&t=1

It's a phantom dually thing ... you wouldn't understand! :cool:

I've done this sort of thing in the past with other trucks, and it was very fun and beneficial for everyone involved. Please PM me if you (or anybody you know) might be interested.

Thanks,
LO PHAT

LO PHAT
04-01-2011, 11:04 AM
I'm giving this a "Happy April Fools' Day" bump back up to the top.

FourxDad
06-16-2011, 07:52 AM