PDA

View Full Version : Lookin to borrow stock Rubi tires.

NerdJeep
01-13-2011, 10:08 AM
I've asked around a bit, but thought I would post something to see if anybody has anything. I'm looking to borrow a set of stock Rubi tires and/or wheels for the Jeep 101 this weekend. I'm currently running the stock street tires and they don't have much life left, but I am getting a lift, wheels and tires in the very near future (just not near enough). I think I should be fine with what I have for Saturday, but if anybody had a set sitting around that they wouldn't mind letting me borrow. I will obviously take care of mounting and picking up/dropping off. PM me if you have something or know of something.

Thanks in advance to any responses.

opustm
01-13-2011, 10:12 AM
I've asked around a bit, but thought I would post something to see if anybody has anything. I'm looking to borrow a set of stock Rubi tires and/or wheels for the Jeep 101 this weekend. I'm currently running the stock street tires and they don't have much life left, but I am getting a lift, wheels and tires in the very near future (just not near enough). I think I should be fine with what I have for Saturday, but if anybody had a set sitting around that they wouldn't mind letting me borrow. I will obviously take care of mounting and picking up/dropping off. PM me if you have something or know of something.

Thanks in advance to any responses.

Run it the way it is :)....learning to wheel on stock helps alot when you do all the mods...some of my most memoriable wheeling was bone stock, made me truly appreciate the mods when they were done :laugh2:....Good luck though hope you get mods soon

NerdJeep
01-13-2011, 10:15 AM
Oh yeah. I've already run a couple times stock, but I've also ran into some issues because my street tires are so low on tread. Just lookin for something a little beefier for this run. Probably will end up runnin what I got though.

Punkin_Belle
01-13-2011, 10:30 AM
Hey Chris, just curious -- how many miles do you have on those streeties? I'll be there Saturday and I'm running on my street tires too. Mine have almost 14k miles on them and they're looking pretty beat-up... chunks missing, tread all low... I can understand why you wanna throw some Rubi's on there. But if you don't find anything just know I'll be there rockin' my nasty little streeties too! :-)

mingoglia
01-13-2011, 10:38 AM
I'd let you borrow my 42's but they're 8 lug. If you can find some wheel adaptors you can borrow them. :)

opustm
01-13-2011, 11:21 AM
Since i can not wheel this saturday for health reasons you are welcome to borrow my tires (rig and all :))....unless Brittany grabs it first :)

mingoglia
01-13-2011, 11:28 AM
Since i can not wheel this saturday for health reasons you are welcome to borrow my tires (rig and all :))....unless Brittany grabs it first :)

Uhhh, did you not learn from the last time you leant out your "rig and all"?

Punkin_Belle
01-13-2011, 11:39 AM

Teri, you know I can't drive a standard! Remember when I killed it in the parking lot before the Sedona run last summer and all that traffic was coming and all I could do is sit there and squeal? Yeah... Britt + manual transmission + dirt = HOT MESS

opustm
01-13-2011, 11:41 AM
Uhhh, did you not learn from the last time you leant out your "rig and all"?

I did learn....I learned not to lend it to pschyco stalker JACKWADS....but someone like Brit who i have worked with for 4 yrs, had in my home, laughed with, cried with well she i would trust...so Brit if your boy toy (lol, luv ya bobbie) wants to drive you are totally welcome to borrow it :)

Punkin_Belle
01-13-2011, 11:50 AM
I did learn....I learned not to lend it to pschyco stalker JACKWADS....but someone like Brit who i have worked with for 4 yrs, had in my how, laughed with, cried with well she i would trust...so Brit if your boy toy (lol, luv ya bobbie) wants to drive you are totally welcome to borrow it :)

Appreciate the offer but I'm gonna stick with my little possessed fetus Jeep on this one! Bobby was originally gonna be my co-pilot on this one, but he is always entitled to change his mind!

sahara mist
01-13-2011, 01:48 PM
BAHAAAAAAA Bobby is now gonna be called Britt's BOYTOY in my book.:smug:

NerdJeep
01-13-2011, 03:29 PM
Appreciate the offer, Teri but I'm just lookin for tires. And I wouldn't go and break it like some other people. Sad you're not gonna be there, haven't seen ya since Jeep Jam.

opustm
01-13-2011, 04:38 PM
Appreciate the offer, Teri but I'm just lookin for tires. And I wouldn't go and break it like some other people. Sad you're not gonna be there, haven't seen ya since Jeep Jam.

yeah i wish i was coming too but even if i was i would be running a different trail so maybe sometime in the next month or so when i fix my clutch and clock spring first...

TJ BOBBY
01-13-2011, 05:14 PM
Thanks I would like to try RED out but I would'nt drive your jeep unless you were there too!