PDA

View Full Version : Need help with install of Car Alarm and Power Locks

2ndchance
12-03-2010, 10:08 PM
Need to appease the wife and get power locks on my 2009 Wrangler Unlimited-X 4-door. I might as well get an alarm system while I'm at it to protect my ride when I'm out hunting.

I'm going to be order a Viper 350 Plus alarm system and 4 door lock actuators. Of course, a bunch of wire, crimps, taps, and quick connectors, so I can still yank my doors off. I can get all the stuff ready... I just need to figure out how to install this on the cheap!

I think I can get the door actuators installed and wired with the quick connectors. I'm just not confident I can actually install/program the alarm.

So, I'm looking for either a little help/guidance from a fellow Jeeper, or find an experienced car alarm/audio guy who can do this for me.

Either way, gotta get the wife off my back. :pinch:

Any takers? Will tempt you with free beer and cash! :)

ShmUDE
12-03-2010, 10:21 PM
its a jeep. you wont want power door locks/windows. Every time you take the doors off you have to disconnect the wires, then reconnect, then disconnect, etc. I can see the alarm part (kinda) but leave the windows out of it. Just take the top off.

djui5
12-03-2010, 11:12 PM
Nice screen name.

2ndchance
12-04-2010, 11:30 PM
its a jeep. you wont want power door locks/windows. Every time you take the doors off you have to disconnect the wires, then reconnect, then disconnect, etc. I can see the alarm part (kinda) but leave the windows out of it. Just take the top off.

Yeah, I had the same comment for the wife. But I think she is right. Although I want the wiring to be with quick connects, I don't think I will actually use them that much. The doors will be on the Jeep 90% of the time. I'm not a rock junkie. The Jeep is a daily driver and the occasional hunting vehicle. Even on a hunt, the doors will stay on as I store my backup rifles and gear inside it. Having the power locks is a convenience that even I can appreciate. I can do without the power windows. The alarm is just a bonus, since I'm going to have a remote for the keyless entry anyways.

perrib
12-05-2010, 05:45 AM
The connections between the body and door are going to be its achilles heel. Weather pack type connectors would provide the best way. http://www.route66supply.com/store/page2.html

2ndchance
12-07-2010, 06:13 AM
That's awesome information. I was just going to buy some Molex-Style connectors from Radio Shack. Although I don't intend to get wet on the inside, one never knows when The Jeep decides to go for a swim. Thanks for the link!

perrib
12-08-2010, 03:51 AM
Your welcome.

2ndchance
01-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Ok. All my stuff has arrived. I've been laying it all out and... I don't think I can do this on my own. Anyone here a professional car stereo / alarm installer? I need to hire one.

CrashDawson
01-10-2011, 01:36 PM
The connections between the body and door are going to be its achilles heel. Weather pack type connectors would provide the best way. http://www.route66supply.com/store/page2.html

Been looking for connectors like that for awhile thx!
needed it for my power windows, door locks, and speakers!

drknow90rs
02-11-2011, 05:40 PM
Did you ever get this done? I have retired from car stereo, but still do it occasionally...

2ndchance
02-11-2011, 08:40 PM
Your help would be greatly appreciated. I'm PMing you now.

JD Night Fox
02-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Haha. I "used to" have an alarm. No idea what happened. It's still there, but...

Rparke
12-27-2012, 08:39 PM
I saw your post from last year regarding your quest to convert your jk to power locks...curious if you found a shop to do the install in the greater phx area?
Im live in mesa and would like to convert my jk to power.

Rich

2ndchance
12-28-2012, 05:58 AM
I ended up doing it myself. I purchased the wiring harness and electronic actuators, wired them up to my aftermarket alarm and called it done.

PL@
12-28-2012, 06:12 AM
I own a shop that does this stuff. PM me.

aribelin
12-28-2012, 12:48 PM
I own a shop that does this stuff. PM me.

Can't PM you, as Scott (Treekiller) said in another thread...clear our your inbox and buy a membership to get a bigger inbox.

PL@
12-28-2012, 05:02 PM
It is cleared out sorry and upgraded the acct.