PDA

View Full Version : A Bar as a sponser?

rolled1
08-25-2004, 06:23 PM
Is it in bad taste to have a bar as a AZVJC "sponser" (for lack of a better name)? Funky Monkey's in Florence told me he would give an AZVJC discount for us after runs in the FJ area, Fly our flag, (do we have one?) and post our
sticker. He also wants a POW flag if anyone knows where I can get one let me know.

flxy_tj
08-25-2004, 07:29 PM
Maybe try the swap meet out that way off the freeway on signal butte. Lots of guys that sell flags in there. Also there is a military surplus store in mesa on extension I wanna say like Broadway or Main.

azdesertrhino
08-25-2004, 11:13 PM
When I lived in Florida, I was secretary of a VVA chapter. We ran an ambulance for veterans who needed to get to the VA hospital etc and could not get transportation, "support out troops rallies" during Desert Storm etc.
We had to have a lot of funds to keep our stuff moving forward. Our two biggest groups that helped with our functions were Veteran Friendly bars and Bike clubs. Never had a problem or altercation at our events (some with upwards of 600 bikers in attendance). Don't know if this is really pertinent to what you are asking, but bar people are usually good, hard working folks!!
Another nickels worth! :D

k7mto
08-26-2004, 12:23 AM
He also wants a POW flag if anyone knows where I can get one let me know.

http://search.ebay.com/pow-mia-flag_W0QQsosortpropertyZ1

weasel_ugs
08-26-2004, 01:02 AM
We had to have a lot of funds to keep our stuff moving forward. Our two biggest groups that helped with our functions were Veteran Friendly bars and Bike clubs. Never had a problem or altercation at our events (some with upwards of 600 bikers in attendance). Don't know if this is really pertinent to what you are asking, but bar people are usually good, hard working folks!!
Another nickels worth! :D

I think he's worried that if we were sponsored by a bar would it make us look like a bunch of drunken yahoo's tearing up the environment :eek: . don

Nnote
08-26-2004, 07:16 AM
Remember the old absolute vodka ads where things were in the shape of their bottle? I remember seeing one, it was a flightmap that had bounderies lines on it that made the shape of the absolute bottle. That was the most tasteless thing I'd seen.
Not sure if a 'auto' club should have a drinking sponsor... Though I'll go for the discount... :)
Nick

azdesertrhino
08-26-2004, 07:27 AM
I think he's worried that if we were sponsored by a bar would it make us look like a bunch of drunken yahoo's tearing up the environment :eek: . don

Hmmmm, point well taken. As it is said "perception is reality." Man, not enough coffee! :rolleyes: